Scotland section tickets for sale (not part of the allocation) - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland section tickets for sale (not part of the allocation)

hamilton wanderer

Bought 6 for our group who were unable to buy SSC tickets. Still think it's disgraceful that some fans are paying £50 for a membership and having to buy unofficial Scotland end tickets at twice the price. Think on this occasion the SSC could have done better.

Guest allyc
9 hours ago, jailer said:

Bought 6 for our group who were unable to buy SSC tickets. Still think it's disgraceful that some fans are paying £50 for a membership and having to buy unofficial Scotland end tickets at twice the price. Think on this occasion the SSC could have done better.

But you do know buying a membership doesn't give you passage to any away game of your choosing.u are aware that there is a points system in place and like any membership scheme should reward it's most loyal members first.the maltese fa are offering an official area for traveling fans...people today in all walks of life expect to be served at the drop of a hat instead of working at something...

12 hours ago, jailer said:

3 hours ago, allyc said:

But you do know buying a membership doesn't give you passage to any away game of your choosing.u are aware that there is a points system in place and like any membership scheme should reward it's most loyal members first.the maltese fa are offering an official area for traveling fans...people today in all walks of life expect to be served at the drop of a hat instead of working at something...

Don't really think that's the point jailer is trying to make allyc.

As a point holder that was able to purchase an official away ticket through the SSC.

What I don't understand is why couldn't the Maltese FA not just allow the SSC to also sell the tickets for what they are now calling the 'unofficial' scotland supporters area, and just have it as another official area just like the 4000 odd tickets that the SSC were able to sell?

That way all Scotland fans purchasing a ticket that wanted one could of got one through the ssc and got their much deserved point.

What the feck is the point of the Maltese FA selling tickets for another  area, which is dedicated to Scotland fans.  Why couldn't they not of just added that additional area onto scotlands initial allocation and let the ssc sell them?

Baffles me.

9 minutes ago, Zander_14 said:

Don't really think that's the point jailer is trying to make allyc.

As a point holder that was able to purchase an official away ticket through the SSC.

What I don't understand is why couldn't the Maltese FA not just allow the SSC to also sell the tickets for what they are now calling the 'unofficial' scotland supporters area, and just have it as another official area just like the 4000 odd tickets that the SSC were able to sell?

That way all Scotland fans purchasing a ticket that wanted one could of got one through the ssc and got their much deserved point.

What the feck is the point of the Maltese FA selling tickets for another  area, which is dedicated to Scotland fans.  Why couldn't they not of just added that additional area onto scotlands initial allocation and let the ssc sell them?

Baffles me.

Rules and regulations around segregation, as daft as that may sound? Possibly only able to officially allocate any team the proper away end? SFA's expectations of how many would travel based on their poll in June?

No one here was involved in the negotiations so no one knows what was asked for, what was offered, what was needed.

I said on other thread that I was sure I read somewhere that SFA had 3,400 confirmations of people wanting to travel from poll. I can't find that detail again but I am sure I did see it mentioned, possibly on Twitter? If that was the case then SFA ended up with more tickets than then expected to need.

2 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Rules and regulations around segregation, as daft as that may sound? Possibly only able to officially allocate any team the proper away end? SFA's expectations of how many would travel based on their poll in June?

No one here was involved in the negotiations so no one knows what was asked for, what was offered, what was needed.

I said on other thread that I was sure I read somewhere that SFA had 3,400 confirmations of people wanting to travel from poll. I can't find that detail again but I am sure I did see it mentioned, possibly on Twitter? If that was the case then SFA ended up with more tickets than then expected to need.

I do get your point Dalgety.

I might have to put my hands up, but I don't think I even bothered to say aye or no in the poll.  Infact I cant even remember receiving that email.

I just knew/assumed I would get an official ticket due to the amount of points that I am on.  That case turned out to be correct.

Im surely not the only one that didn't vote in the poll and knew that they would get a ticket and did.

I suppose it is the easiest way for the sfa to gauge travelling numbers but surely it cant be taken for granted by the amount of people voting.

If they had any sense, take the pool number and add 25% onto that.

If they end up not selling out all the allocation, is it not just a case of handing back to the home FA the unused tickets?

Maybe im just thinking to simplistic, but who knows!

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Malta fa :ok:

Tried Malta FA but according to their website, the only are which they're selling tickets to Scotland fans for (West A Stand (Upper Section) for €25 each, has also been sold out! - Help!!!!

16 minutes ago, Zander_14 said:

I might have to put my hands up, but I don't think I even bothered to say aye or no in the poll.  Infact I cant even remember receiving that email.

I just knew/assumed I would get an official ticket due to the amount of points that I am on.  That case turned out to be correct.

Im surely not the only one that didn't vote in the poll and knew that they would get a ticket and did.

I suppose it is the easiest way for the sfa to gauge travelling numbers but surely it cant be taken for granted by the amount of people voting.

If they end up not selling out all the allocation, is it not just a case of handing back to the home FA the unused tickets?

I doubt the SFA will ever take the poll numbers as absolute gospel as to how many will travel. The fact that many on here can't ever remember getting the email (I checked yesterday, 3rd June) show that its not a strong indicator of expected numbers. However even if the 3,400 that is stuck in my head was the response then adding say 25% on top, 4,250, only a couple hundred more than we actually received. aaid mentioned in other thread that he though from game in May that away end looked like it held 4,000, maybe we got all the tickets available for it?

Your second last sentence - again no one really knows, do we have to pay for tickets up front and bare cost of unsold tickets or is it sale or return? Maybe different FA's operate on different models? 

I think what would possibly help is if the SFA put out more detailed information around tickets. You can see from threads in here that there is a lot of best, or sometime possibly poor (!), guesswork going on. Stuff such as "We wanted x thousand tickets, we were given y, our section contains z thousand seats - this is the official/only away section allocated, we have had to pay MFA for these tickets in advance, x thousand responded to the poll, their FA will allocate us a further p hundred tickets if required if this allocation sells". Stuff like that probably alleviate a lot of the mumps and moans that surround ever away game nowadays.

12 hours ago, allyc said:

As a member of the Travel Club/SSC for around 30 yrs I'm fully aware and supportive of the system in place for purchasing away tickets. However, on this occasion it is clear that that the SSC could have secured more tickets to meet the demand of members of the SSC who are on 0/1 points.   

26 minutes ago, jailer said:

As a member of the Travel Club/SSC for around 30 yrs I'm fully aware and supportive of the system in place for purchasing away tickets. However, on this occasion it is clear that that the SSC could have secured more tickets to meet the demand of members of the SSC who are on 0/1 points.   

No it's not. 

You've just completely made that up. 

14 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

No it's not. 

You've just completely made that up. 

Made what up ? Stadium will not be full. Members on 0/1 points don't want official tickets?

You've lost me! 6 of our group on 0 or 1 point have purchased 25 Euro tickets.

11 minutes ago, jailer said:

Made what up ? Stadium will not be full. Members on 0/1 points don't want official tickets?

You've lost me! 6 of our group on 0 or 1 point have purchased 25 Euro tickets.

However, on this occasion it is clear that that the SSC could have secured more tickets to meet the demand of members of the SSC who are on 0/1 points.   

This part,unless you work for the ssc,you have no knowledge of how negotiations went for tickets,any segregation issues,or if the Maltese simply wanted to make more money by selling them themselves. 

No one is denying the stadium won't be full,but you're simply making things up,nothing will change that. 

23 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

However, on this occasion it is clear that that the SSC could have secured more tickets to meet the demand of members of the SSC who are on 0/1 points.   

This part,unless you work for the ssc,you have no knowledge of how negotiations went for tickets,any segregation issues,or if the Maltese simply wanted to make more money by selling them themselves. 

No one is denying the stadium won't be full,but you're simply making things up,nothing will change that. 

Did the SSC attempt to secure more tickets? If they did and were unsuccessful they should inform their members of this. We'll have to agree to differ but I feel they could have negotiated a larger allocation.

7 minutes ago, jailer said:

Did the SSC attempt to secure more tickets? If they did and were unsuccessful they should inform their members of this. We'll have to agree to differ but I feel they could have negotiated a larger allocation.

I have no idea,just like you,however they did state "there will be no more tickets made available"

That says it all,but people are determined to bash the ssc whenever possible.  

9 hours ago, Zander_14 said:

Exactly, Ts not like Malta have thousands of buyers phoning up daily to see if there's any Scorland returns!

Should have told the SFA that there is extra 4,000 tickets and please could you allocate them to your supporters.

J