Glasgow Subway Pub Crawl - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Glasgow Subway Pub Crawl

My mate is planning on doing the Glasgow Subway Pub Crawl (visit a pub by every subway exit on the circle), however he has heard that the Louden by Ibrox station is only open on matchday.

We don't plan to do it on a matchday, so can somebody confirm if it is closed on non-matchdays, and if so, where is the next closest/decent boozer?

Guest BlueGaz

Don't know the name of the pubs, but if you come out of the subway, turn right, up to the junction, turn left, about 200m up there is a high street with lots of pubs.

4 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Don't know the name of the pubs, but if you come out of the subway, turn right, up to the junction, turn left, about 200m up there is a high street with lots of pubs.

Is that Paisley Road your talking about?

I've just walked in on Google Maps, and that is where I ended up.

Guest BlueGaz
7 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Is that Paisley Road your talking about?

I've just walked in on Google Maps, and that is where I ended up.

Think so.  I only know clubs in between subway and there.  Others may know better.  I thought Stadium bar was open all the time now.

Note to OP this excursion has long since been abbreviated to Subcrawl.

Also is the Subway not shut for maintenance at the moment? I suppose you could save a couple of quid by walking the route. Might serve to keep you sober too. Only the very committed make it past Byres Road...

On 03 August 2016 at 3:07 PM, Toepoke said:

Note to OP this excursion has long since been abbreviated to Subcrawl.

Also is the Subway not shut for maintenance at the moment? I suppose you could save a couple of quid by walking the route. Might serve to keep you sober too. Only the very committed make it past Byres Road...

They've got a replacement bus service on but I don't imagine that would be as much fun.