Opening League Games - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Opening League Games

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

Warburton doing what Craig Thomson was too feart to do with Harry Forrester.

How on earth did Forrester escape a second yellow?

He made two challenges after his booking that could have been straight red. 

Is Thomson seriously that incompetent or is it straight forward bias?

Guest faircity
2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Warburton doing what Craig Thomson was too feart to do with Harry Forrester.

Totally agree, scandalous refereeing there. Little wonder people get a little suspicious when it comes to the impartiality of our match officials.

14 minutes ago, swifty's cakes said:

I think the first one could've been a booking, but the 2nd one was a definite yellow, and I've seen red for similar challenges. The fact that he got away with both is poor!

Although I would add, O'dea got him the 1st yellow, Thomson didn't look Sure about booking him until he saw O'dea rolling about. He may have had that in his mind?

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I think the first one could've been a booking, but the 2nd one was a definite yellow, and I've seen red for similar challenges. The fact that he got away with both is poor!

Although I would add, O'dea got him the 1st yellow, Thomson didn't look Sure about booking him until he saw O'dea rolling about. He may have had that in his mind?

Anyone know what O'Dea got booked for?

In the office, so just got it on the radio. Seemed to suggest he kicked someone, but weren't too sure.

22 minutes ago, swifty's cakes said:

What were the two challenges that could have been a straight red? I'll give you the obvious one where he lunged in (he should have been off for that) but if you're suggesting the one at the corner flag before that was a straight red card then I'd suggest you're completely wrong.

Forrester was having a good game up to that point too but I certainly think he should have received a 2nd yellow. That said, the first yellow that he did get looked dubious.

Deserved winners though, I thought. Dundee came back well in the 2nd half an if they had started with the two attacking subs that came on, it might have been different, but it was a game where both teams are in obvious need of strikers.

Very pleased with the win. :)

2 minutes ago, Brassrubber said:

The Daily Record will no doubt bring the tackle to Mcglennans attention .

I would imagine that Mr McGlennan isn't requiring of a newspaper to inform him of potential investigations. Unless, of course, it's merely paranoia. But I'm sure it won't be that.

2 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Anyone know what O'Dea got booked for?

In the office, so just got it on the radio. Seemed to suggest he kicked someone, but weren't too sure.

Seemed to have a pull at Forrester's jersey off the ball. It was a good spot by Craig Thomson.

Which makes his cowardice in the face of Forrester's two late challenges even more bemusing.

But then he's got plenty of previous over the years for absolute ##### decisions. Just ask Schalke 04 supporters.

3 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Surely people know by now that our game and officials are both corrupt and incompetent?

Corrupt? No chance. Incompetent? Certainly, but no more or less incompetent than any refs in any other top level league in Western Europe.

One week into the season and the paranoia has started already. Sad.

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

Come on - you've admitted yourself he should have been off.

What's paranoid about wanting referees to implement the rules consistently?

There's a huge difference between corruption and incompetence. The suggestion here by some is that the referee is corrupt - I can't agree with that.

B

1 minute ago, thewolf_1980 said:

There's a huge difference between corruption and incompetence. The suggestion here by some is that the referee is corrupt - I can't agree with that.

I agree with your overall point, however are you denying that Craig Thomson applied the rules inconsistently today?

4 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

B

I agree with your overall point, however are you denying that Craig Thomson applied the rules inconsistently today?

I don't think anyone is mate.

It doesn't mean he is a cheat though. There is undoubtedly paranoia ripping out of a lot of non OF fans on here. Ffs Walker blatantly dived for a penalty against the Tims last week and it was STILL somehow establishment corruption. 

There's no denying that some refs lean heavily towards their 'team' be that Hearts, Celtic, Rangers or Morton. No denying that at all.

There's also no denying that the Associations in charge don't penalise refs for abject performances . 

Must be pretty much the only job where you can perform like a khunt and get rewarded for it.

Not really a thrillfest at the Pitt o' dreams.

Aberdeen completely dominant but a piss poor final ball means we're not creating the chances that we should be.

Hearts are awful. Booting everything that moves, and have more yellow cards than completed passes.

It's obviously all set up for a 1-0 Hearts win.

3 minutes ago, faircity said:

Hearts just commit foul after foul after foul. Absolutely brutal.

If they end up with 11 on the park I will be very surprised. 

They're back to the 'take turns' tactics that they used against Aberdeen last season.