Opening League Games - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Opening League Games

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Utter shite. 

Without Hayes, an Aberdeen team stacked with attacking players and with loads of possession hasn't created a chance in 180 minutes of league football. 

Hearts if anything, were worse. Although Watt did manage to miss the only real chance of the game with 10 minutes left.

Two awful teams, this could be a long, average season for both. 

Guest faircity

As easy a point as hearts will win all season. Aberdeen were lacking any sort of imagination or craft and deserved no better againt one of the worst hearts teams ive ever seen.

So Celtic get their game postponed to play inter milan in a friendly in ireland where they basically field a reserve side and get papped what was the point other than to give their players a rest for the CL game and the spl just rolled over and let them take the piss as usual .

42 minutes ago, Brassrubber said:

So Celtic get their game postponed to play inter milan in a friendly in ireland where they basically field a reserve side and get papped what was the point other than to give their players a rest for the CL game and the spl just rolled over and let them take the piss as usual .

Pile of w*nk and shows contempt for the domestic league..

Edited by fringo

Worst Hearts team I've seen for a long time. They don't seem to have played much decent football for a couple of years now, but yesterday was, as everyone has said, brutal. Only attacking tactic they had was to lump it up to Paterson from set pieces or into the corners for Watt or Salmon to chase. Really disappointing and Levein's influence is clear to see. Dons couldn't break them down. Missing Hayes and McGinn having one of his bad decision days did not help. Was impressed with O'Connor though and Jack is returning to the player we know he can be. 

Also had the pleasure of meeting Angus Young and his missus in the Dutcher before the game.  Was hoping to catch them for a dram later on but we got a bit boozy in town and didn't get back to Dutcher until later. I was in bed by 11pm with "helicopters".  Rough today!

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

Worst Hearts team I've seen for a long time. They don't seem to have played much decent football for a couple of years now, but yesterday was, as everyone has said, brutal. Only attacking tactic they had was to lump it up to Paterson from set pieces or into the corners for Watt or Salmon to chase. Really disappointing and Levein's influence is clear to see. Dons couldn't break them down. Missing Hayes and McGinn having one of his bad decision days did not help. Was impressed with O'Connor though and Jack is returning to the player we know he can be. 

Also had the pleasure of meeting Angus Young and his missus in the Dutcher before the game.  Was hoping to catch them for a dram later on but we got a bit boozy in town and didn't get back to Dutcher until later. I was in bed by 11pm with "helicopters".  Rough today!

Top man mate, was good meeting you. Cracking boozer, and we will defenitely be back, had a great time over the weekend.  

FWIW I agree with the comments about the Jambos. I know people made a big thing about their fouls to bookings ratio last weekend but, imo, only the Tony Watt one was unlucky. Ref got the rest of them correct. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Hearts are brutal.

If you can't catch it,then kick it. 

Wouldn't want to watch them every week,I feel sorry for people that have to. 

44 minutes ago, dan cake said:

and too think people didnt want them to die 

i glad fans of other teams are now seeing hertz for what they are

I doubt their fans will care because it's effective in this country, they did the same at pittodrie last season but at least we won the game in the end. 

Aberdeen had their own problems, Mcinnes left our top scorer for the last two season on the bench again, he's tried this before when Goodwillie was here and it failed then. Anyone who watched the st Johnstone game will know stockley should only play if up there with another forward but not on his own. 

Rooney has a average of one every two for us so why the hell did Mcinnes leave such an asset on the bench.

13 hours ago, Brassrubber said:

£7m euros was the point and the rules on postponement of games at the start of the season are there for everyone to take advantage of for whatever reason. ?

7 minutes ago, slasher said:

£7m euros was the point and the rules on postponement of games at the start of the season are there for everyone to take advantage of for whatever reason. ?

Why were the rules changed in the first place? 

To accommodate one team is the answer.

i blame the rest of the clubs for agreeing to this nonsense, including my own team. Why hand another side a £6m advantage when they already hold a huge advantage over the rest of the teams in the league?..

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Why were the rules changed in the first place? 

To accommodate one team is the answer.

i blame the rest of the clubs for agreeing to this nonsense, including my own team. Why hand another side a £6m advantage when they already hold a huge advantage over the rest of the teams in the league?..

Agreed. Not even too keen on clubs asking for games to be postponed due to European ties.

Its one of the factors that makes it a competition.

23 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Agreed. Not even too keen on clubs asking for games to be postponed due to European ties.

Its one of the factors that makes it a competition.

The clubs outwith the old firm have it ingrained on them that they cannot do without the old firm. the old firm know this and the take advantage of it. Bot side are as bad as each other and it's why there will never again be a level playing field in Scotland. Scottish fitba is barely even a sport anymore

It's not our fault we are good at taking advantage of the revenue streams available! If Aberdeen and Hearts had gotten through their respective Euro ties they may well have taken advantage of the postponement rule and no one would have batted an eyelid.

I think Rodgers has said that the timing of the Inter game was wrong and we shouldn't be playing friendlies after the season has begun. The paranoid 'poor me' attitude of some on here comes as no surprise however.

Can't really comment on yesterday's game as I haven't seen any of it, beyond saying that a point away from home at the end of a tough week is OK. Speaking to guys who were there we were outplayed in the first half, played a lot better in the second and could even have pinched it at the end. And this week the bookings were mostly fair enough, unlike the farce last Sunday. Have played first, second and fourth from last season in under a week, two of those games away from home, was always going to be hard to get much out of it.

2 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

She tidy?