Opening League Games - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Opening League Games

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I doubt their fans will care because it's effective in this country, they did the same at pittodrie last season but at least we won the game in the end. 

A brief look at Jambos Kickback shows Hearts fans patting themselves on the back for getting a point yesterday and 'for being the better side'.

Pause for laughter.

They really are an awful team that constantly rely on physicality to wear the opposition down. 16 bookings in 3 games sums them up. 

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Rossy said:

A brief look at Jambos Kickback shows Hearts fans patting themselves on the back for getting a point yesterday and 'for being the better side'.

Pause for laughter.

They really are an awful team that constantly rely on physicality to wear the opposition down. 16 bookings in 3 games sums them up. 

not what i am reading, people happy enough with a draw away to the side that finished second last season.

there wasn't much in it yesterday, neither side did enough to win the game.

i have no problem with my team being physically strong, its a mans game after all, it does my head in when they pick up bookings for dissent and kicking the ball away which is what a lot of the bookings are for. The most physically strong team i saw Hearts play was when they played Spurs at Tynecastle, seeing the Scottish boys line up against Bale, Kaboul, Huddlestone and the like was frightening.

lets not forget Aberdeen were doing their fair share of sticking the boot in as well yesterday, Shinnie should have been booked before he was and Stockley somehow escaped a booking as well.

Hopefully a new manager soon can sort out the shambles at Tynecastle. 

Hearts approach has never really changed in over 40 years.

Always seem to have been 'robust' and like a foul or 5. 

Yesterday's ref should've booked Jack and Shinnie before he was. Alexander should've also been booked and some of Kevin Clancy's decisions were just plain wrong. At least 4 times he penalised Stockley or Roonet when the foul was the other way. Was quite an achievement for Hearts to finish with 11 on the park. On another day a few could easily have been given 2nd yellows. 

16 yellows in 3 games is poor but not all that surprising.

1 hour ago, hannibal smith said:

not what i am reading, people happy enough with a draw away to the side that finished second last season.

there wasn't much in it yesterday, neither side did enough to win the game.

i have no problem with my team being physically strong, its a mans game after all, it does my head in when they pick up bookings for dissent and kicking the ball away which is what a lot of the bookings are for. The most physically strong team i saw Hearts play was when they played Spurs at Tynecastle, seeing the Scottish boys line up against Bale, Kaboul, Huddlestone and the like was frightening.

lets not forget Aberdeen were doing their fair share of sticking the boot in as well yesterday, Shinnie should have been booked before he was and Stockley somehow escaped a booking as well.

Hopefully a new manager soon can sort out the shambles at Tynecastle. 

Nothing wrong with being physically strong, I expect that from Aberdeen as well.

There's a difference though between being physically strong and being cynical, which is Hearts default position when they're put under any kind of pressure. 

16 bookings in 3 games is a pretty ridiculous statistic, and it maybe shows that referees are not going to stand by and allow Hearts to continue to break up games with constant fouling. 

If Hearts keep this up it won't be long before the yellow cards become red. 

1 minute ago, Rossy said:

Nothing wrong with being physically strong, I expect that from Aberdeen as well.

There's a difference though between being physically strong and being cynical, which is Hearts default position when they're put under any kind of pressure. 

16 bookings in 3 games is a pretty ridiculous statistic, and it maybe shows that referees are not going to stand by and allow Hearts to continue to break up games with constant fouling. 

If Hearts keep this up it won't be long before the yellow cards become red. 

nothing wrong with being a bit cynical sometimes if it gets you a result at the end of the day.

As AberdeenAngus mentioned we have been this way for as long as i can remember.

Its nothing new, we have had 79 red cards in the last 10 seasons which is a pretty ridiculous stat.

12 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

nothing wrong with being a bit cynical sometimes if it gets you a result at the end of the day.

As AberdeenAngus mentioned we have been this way for as long as i can remember.

Its nothing new, we have had 79 red cards in the last 10 seasons which is a pretty ridiculous stat.

I respect that.

Hearts fans shouldn't then get uppity when other fans criticise your team for it (not talking about you personally)..

13 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I respect that.

Hearts fans shouldn't then get uppity when other fans criticise your team for it (not talking about you personally)..

i don't usually get uppity about it, only when these fans have players like Lennon, McCulloch, Lasley, Craig, Goodwin and the like playing for their team.

2 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Aberdeen fans seem to missing the fact that over the last 2 and a bit seasons pretty much each time they come up against a dominantly physical side they struggle.

You're the 1 missing the point.

Think all of us on here have acknowledged that and hoped for a fix. 

The summer signings certainly give us the option to go a bit more physical ourselves. The opening 2 draws have not been down to being bullied like in the past.  Still doesn't mean we can't comment on opponents being overly physical and racking up huge amount of cards.

14 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

You're the 1 missing the point.

Think all of us on here have acknowledged that and hoped for a fix. 

The summer signings certainly give us the option to go a bit more physical ourselves. The opening 2 draws have not been down to being bullied like in the past.  Still doesn't mean we can't comment on opponents being overly physical and racking up huge amount of cards.

Try it, it might pay dividends. McIness then must be the only one who's not recognising it?

11 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Try it, it might pay dividends. McIness then must be the only one who's not recognising it?

Hearts didn't bully us physically yesterday, nor did St Johnstone last week. 

11 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Hearts are still the only team in living memory to get so many players sent off in the one match that it almost resulted in an abandonment.

i remember being at that game, our entire back 4 was sent off by a ref and linesman who lost the plot.

all 4 were suspended for the League Cup Quarter Final against Celtic the following Wednesday which resulted in Gary Naysmith making his debut and Andy Thorn signing the day of the game from Wimbledon before being transferred a week later!!! Yet we won 1-0 after extra time. We had a players sent off in that game as well of course!! 

17 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Did a guy not get sent off for kicking the goal post in that game?

yeah that was Neil Pointon

OFF HIS NUT; Jambos walk as ref Evans loses it.

Bungling ref Gerry Evans lost the plot as he sent off FOUR Hearts players at Ibrox yesterday.

Gorgie stars Pasquale Bruno, Davie Weir, Neil Pointon and Paul Ritchie were dismissed in a crazy 20-minute spell.

Gers strolled to a 3-0 win but the result was overshadowed by Evans and his assistant ref Graeme Allison who was responsible for the red cards of Pointon and Ritchie after they used foul and abusive language towards him.

And now the game is certain to be probed by the SFA with Hearts set to receive a HAMMERING.

But that would be unfair and it's Evans and Allison who should be hauled before the beaks where demotion back to the amateur ranks would be too good for them.

I feel only Weir's red cardwas merited. He seemed to elbow Gordon Durie off the ball. As for the other three, well they were baffling and harsh. If just one more Hearts player had been red carded the game would have had to be abandoned under FIFA rules as a team can't play on with less than seven players.

Hearts officials refused to comment after the game but I understand chairman Chris Robinson asked manager Jim Jefferies to take his players OFF the park in protest.

Things got way out of hand after Pointon's dismissal and Gers skipper Richard Gough appealed to Evans for a bit of common sense. But seconds later Ritchie was sent packing.

Hearts will now be missing the four players in Tuesday night's live TV Coca- Cola Cup quarter-final against Celtic at Tynecastle.

Assistant ref Allison is no stranger to controversy. He was responsible for Rangers reserve coach John McGregor's five-year dug-out ban after he reported the Ibrox official for foul and abusive language during a match against Dundee in December 1993. 

2 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

From memory, wasn't Bruno's for two bookings? He was the first to walk I think. 

I remember the Pointon one quite clearly as it happened right in front of me. He was going utterly ape shit at the AR.

Hearts fans doing the Conga around the away end too. :)

i remember the Conga and laughing at the Pieman's lack of knowledge of the Rules.

Bruno deserved to go, he got booked early on and was a matter of time before he picked up a second.

There wasn't much in the David Weir one, i seem to remember Durie making a meal of it, the Pointon and Ritchie ones were a bit ridiculous but the game was well and truly over by then.

I seem to remember Rangers taking their foot well and truly off the gas given the farce it had descended into, well except McCoist who was getting frustrated at the rest of his team fannying around against 7 players and he duly scored a goal late on :lol:

15 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

i remember the Conga and laughing at the Pieman's lack of knowledge of the Rules.

Bruno deserved to go, he got booked early on and was a matter of time before he picked up a second.

There wasn't much in the David Weir one, i seem to remember Durie making a meal of it, the Pointon and Ritchie ones were a bit ridiculous but the game was well and truly over by then.

I seem to remember Rangers taking their foot well and truly off the gas given the farce it had descended into, well except McCoist who was getting frustrated at the rest of his team fannying around against 7 players and he duly scored a goal late on :lol:

I remember the Hearts keeper doing his best to get himself sent off & get the game abandoned towards the end - all in all it was a farcical/comical game.

On 13/08/2016 at 8:11 PM, EddardStark said:
3 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

The Pointon one was also for a second booking iirc? 

The Weir one there was feck all in it, looked like he caught Durie accidentally with his arm.  Just watched it on YT there, It was more likely for when they squared up and he flicked him with his head.