Opening League Games - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Opening League Games

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone I've spoken to and seen posting online is of the opinion that it's likely to be a high scoring game at Firhill on Saturday.     Unless we get someone in sharpish. 

Both teams have good attacking options.   Our defence hasn't conceded that many, but we didn't have any real tests in pre-season or the League Cup whilst ICT have banged them in recently... 

Both teams to score was hovering around evens with WH. 

12 hours ago, Ormond said:

By the way, I'm tipping Killie to finish bottom. I think they'll struggle to score goals. ;)

Also tipping Killie to go down, from what heard from a few Killie fans this season they told me get on 3/1 for them to finish bottom. Motherwell might be worth a single on saturday

27 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Scoring goals isn't what i'm worried about, our attack is our strongest area! 

We're tipped to finish bottom every year........

You do realise you said the exact same thing almost word for word about Saints last year? :lol:

No complaints about the result. Hamilton were spot on in their approach. We had the bulk of the play but didn't really create enough clear cut chances to warrant winning the game imo. 

I think it's clear that we generally struggle in games like this so it's something we need to try and adapt to as I reckon a few teams will set up like that at Ibrox. 

Great goal from Crawford.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

theres no bias towards rangers but there is towards the old firm.

both sides will claims the bias is towards the other, that's paranoia. 

All of it is paranoia, whatever way you dress it up. A lot of Gers fans think the whole bloody world is against them, never mind being biased towards Celtic. 

I listened to Radio Scotland for the first half. They couldn't have praised Hamilton more highly at half time. 

It seems to me that the only folk that gave Hamilton much of a chance today was Rangers fans, yet because a commentator mentions them winning is a surprise, it's bias? Load of pish imo. 

Great result for the new team to take a point from Hamilton in their first game in the top division.

Joking apart, I thought Hamilton looked decent and will not capitulate over the season like many of those in the media say they will.

The Rangers look solid, but this isn't the Championship (or whatever they are branding it as this year). They lacked invention in the last third, however I think that will improve as the months go on.

Sadly, I think Kenny Miller is done at this level, though.

10 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Great result for the new team to take a point from Hamilton in their first game in the top division.

Joking apart, I thought Hamilton looked decent and will not capitulate over the season like many of those in the media say they will.

The Rangers look solid, but this isn't the Championship (or whatever they are branding it as this year). They lacked invention in the last third, however I think that will improve as the months go on.

Sadly, I think Kenny Miller is done at this level, though.

Agree with all of that.

Other than the boring, repetitive, pish at the start of your post obviously :)