Opening League Games - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Opening League Games

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Rangers did enough to win the game today but just didn't take the chances. I think the midfield of Barton, Haliday and Kranjar didn't work, it was too narrow and slow. A big difference after the substitutions and I think if we don't have to play the last 10 mins or so with 10 men we win the game.

Hamilton were much better than I expected after all of the talk about them going to finish in the bottom 2. They were organised at the back and pressed us when we had the ball rather than sitting off. It was a great finish for their goal but don't remember our keeper having to make a save.

4 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

I thought Rangers did enough to win the game today but just didn't take the chances. I think the midfield of Barton, Haliday and Kranjar didn't work, it was too narrow and slow. A big difference after the substitutions and I think if we don't have to play the last 10 mins or so with 10 men we win the game.

Hamilton were much better than I expected after all of the talk about them going to finish in the bottom 2. They were organised at the back and pressed us when we had the ball rather than sitting off. It was a great finish for their goal but don't remember our keeper having to make a save.

Foderingham had a brilliant save at 1-1. 

I actually forgot we went down to 10 men. Thought Barton played well, Krancjar was posted missing though.  

1 hour ago, Angus_Young said:

Foderingham had a brilliant save at 1-1. 

I actually forgot we went down to 10 men. Thought Barton played well, Krancjar was posted missing though.  

Ah yeah. I think I know what you mean. I sit up near the govan/Copland corner and remember Foderingham going mental at Keirnan? I couldn't see what happened through the mass of bodies in the box so wasn't sure if it was a shot/save, deflection or back pass etc.

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

Ah yeah. I think I know what you mean. I sit up near the govan/Copland corner and remember Foderingham going mental at Keirnan? I couldn't see what happened through the mass of bodies in the box so wasn't sure if it was a shot/save, deflection or back pass etc.

Header down into the corner that he tipped round. He was right to go ballistic, Keirnan, he went into the challenge in a terrible fashion.  

5 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

No complaints about the result. Hamilton were spot on in their approach. We had the bulk of the play but didn't really create enough clear cut chances to warrant winning the game imo. 

I think it's clear that we generally struggle in games like this so it's something we need to try and adapt to as I reckon a few teams will set up like that at Ibrox. 

Great goal from Crawford.

Agree with this. I thought Kranjcar was a disappointment today. Think he's meant to bring the invention that unlocks the tight defences.

We were too slow in moving the ball for most of the game. Hamilton were better than I had been led to believe and my source is a season ticket holder there!

Hopefully we can improve on Tuesday night although that won't really prove anything. 

5 minutes ago, macy37 said:

There were people on here who abused me when I said Lee Clark is a ####in clown of a manager. Idiots.

Sent to the stand after 10 minutes.

By all accounts they had a decent penalty claim turned down late on.

Slight irony that they narrowed the park and both Motherwell wingers scored.

Sounded like Killie were trying to drag Motherwell into s battle.

2 hours ago, theweestevie said:

It was a header from Donati

The average age of the Accies team that finished the game was 23.8 and included 6 players that came through their academy.

Greg Docherty made his 50th first team appearance at the age of 19

Were also missing regular first team players Gramoz Kurtaj and Garcia Tena who is sadly out for a while

Whether they stay up or not, what they are trying to achieve is the example that every club in Scotland should follow

Our starting 11 was wrong from the start. There was no pace at all up front. Personally I would have started with Forrester instead of Miller. Overall I think we deserved to win but good to get the first game out of the way. When Hamilton were not booting everything that moved I actually thought they troubled us. In the end its a bit of a wake up call but I think we will do ok.

Celtic lead at Tynecastle. Great finish from Forrest but defenitely a case to be made that it should have been chalked off for offside. Celtic will argue it could also have Been a penalty though. 

Hearts have started brightly. Sammon is looking a handful. 

Two Jambos booked already. Shock.:) 

4 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Ffs safe to say no one will be moaning about Celtic's opener now. Jamie Walker has cheated there, no other word for it. 

1-1. 

Aye. They've both got a goal they shouldn't have. 

8 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

:lol: Aye, alright. 

Indeed. Walker's cheating balanced out the incompetence of Beaton.

Im sure you truly believe your bias and laughing smiley actually mean something though.