Opening League Games - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Opening League Games

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Brassrubber said:

7 fouls 6 yellow cards says more about Beaton 

Cant say I agree. The number of fouls has nothing to do with it.  it's a bit like a defender clattering a Striker in the first minute and arguing they should get away with it because 'its their first foul '. 

14 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Toure somehow escapes giving away a penalty and being sent off. 

A shocking refereeing performance by John Beatton. 

Come on man, you're just looking for anything to highlight sellik bias. Was never a penalty in a million years.

Dominated the second half as evidenced by seliks time wasting and was impressed with some of our new boys .A few games under their belt and we should be doing ok.

Nice to hear about terrorist organisations from the small band of traveling fans kettled in the corner of the stadium though .

6 minutes ago, Mox said:

. Was never a penalty in a million years.

Have to agree, didn't look a lot in it for me. 

6 minutes ago, Brassrubber said:

Dominated the second half as evidenced by seliks time wasting and was impressed with some of our new boys .A few games under their belt and we should be doing ok.

Nice to hear about terrorist organisations from the small band of traveling fans kettled in the corner of the stadium though .

In what way did you dominate? Deserved a draw maybe but dominated? 

4 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Great result. :ok:

I think Hearts have a really decent side there and will be our biggest rivals for the title. That forward line could score plenty of goals this season. 

Agree about the Jambos front line, they were very good.

Not a chance they will finish second though.  Toure already looks a decent signing for you. 

16 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Agree about the Jambos front line, they were very good.

Not a chance they will finish second though.  Toure already looks a decent signing for you. 

Toure does look good. It will be interesting to see who partners him when the other options are available. 

Why can't Hearts finish 2nd? It's only one place higher than last season and I think they have added players that have really improved them. 

Sviatchenko?  Seems decent on the ball Which might compliment him. 

Rangers will be second. 

Hearts did well today but I think most of us would expect that, given the high profile fixture and the bad blood between the teams. 

One off games anyone can compete in our league but over the course of a season there are a rarely surprises. Aberdeen and Hearts are in a position where they rely far too heavily on their first XI. Rangers will be second for that reason imo. 

52 minutes ago, Mox said:

Come on man, you're just looking for anything to highlight sellik bias. Was never a penalty in a million years.

Toure wrapped his leg round Muirhead, kicking/kneeing him in the process. I thought it was a definite penalty. 

Muirhead shouldve leathered the ball past Gordon and made the foul irrelevant though. A shame he decided to hit the deck. 

Just now, Angus_Young said:

That makes no sense. The first one was never a penalty. 

That's what he's saying I.e. Neither are penalties. 

He thinks kneeing/kicking an opponent is as much a penalty as not touching an opponent at all. 

2 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Aye was just about to add that he's been inconsistent.  That one with Brown in first half was ridiculous.  

5 of the 6 Jambos cards are correct for me though. 

most of the Hearts bookings were justified but celtic players fouled all game and not one booking. Scott Brown cleans out Walker from behind and nothing. Shouldn't really be surprised, it is just how the game is run in Scotland

1 hour ago, Angus_Young said:

Sviatchenko?  Seems decent on the ball Which might compliment him. 

Rangers will be second. 

Hearts did well today but I think most of us would expect that, given the high profile fixture and the bad blood between the teams. 

One off games anyone can compete in our league but over the course of a season there are a rarely surprises. Aberdeen and Hearts are in a position where they rely far too heavily on their first XI. Rangers will be second for that reason imo. 

the fact that rangers are shite has nothing to do with it then?  A heroic home draw against Hamilton convinces you that you will be 2nd????