do we get men behind the ball v England - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

do we get men behind the ball v England

bonny78

1st game is away.  Should we defend a lot in this game and try counter attack with our speed and pinpoint through balls, or should we adopt a more normal formation v them.

Tactics are normally my strong point but i'm at a loss as to how to approach this one.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest allyc

Defending,speed and pinpoint through balls???it's clearly not the Scotland I've become used to watching over the last 2 years...however we play we ate going to have to do it to the absolute best of our abilities with a huge amount of luck involved as well to get anything from this game.

I think it's a 451 game, for sure. Not that we should necessarily sit deep and counter, we showed at wembley that we can compete if we attack them, and this time we won't have Whittaker at left back getting ripped to bits.

We need to compete in the midfield, so 3 guys in there makes sense.

Probably hoping for a line-up like this right now:

Marshall
Paterson - Martin - Hanley - Robertson/Tierney/Kingsley
Morrison - Bannan
Burke - Snodgrass - Anya
Fletcher

I would go for a 5-3-2 again, for every game next campaign.  Something like:

Marshall

Hutton           Martin               Hanley           Mulgrew        Robertson

Brown          Fletcher          Morrison

Griffiths      Fletcher

I would then tinker with this an play the likes of Anya left wing back, and perhaps Snodgrass in behind front two in games at home against lesser teams.

Honestly, who gives a flying f*ck right now anyway. Pointless thread.

We have 3 massive matches prior to this. This game currently means feck all.

We could have 3 wins out of 3 by the time this comes along and we could just as easy have 3 loses outta 3.

What the f*ck is even the point in discussion this?

Rant over.

Edited by Zander_14

23 minutes ago, Zander_14 said:

Honestly, who gives a flying f*ck right now anyway. Pointless thread.

We have 3 massive matches prior to this. This game currently means feck all.

We could have 3 wins out of 3 by the time this comes along and we could just as easy have 3 loses outta 3.

What the f*ck is even the point in discussion this?

Rant over.

biggest scotland game in almost 9 years is looming.   You want to get your priorities right pal eh ken?

The thumb should be playing instead of Fletcher.

12 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

biggest scotland game in almost 9 years is looming.   You want to get your priorities right pal eh ken?

Winner for the most moronic post in a long time goes to you.

Explain to me how the England game is the biggest game in 9 years???

2 hours ago, bonny78 said:

The biggest Scotland game in 9 years is the next one - away v Malta.

2 hours ago, bonny78 said:

Last big one was italy 07. Simple

Italy is a completly different senario to England. Italy we were on the verge of qualifying. We could as well be out by the time we play England if we don't get results v Malta/Lithuania/Slovakia

15 hours ago, bonny78 said:

Last big one was italy 07. Simple

13 hours ago, bonny78 said:

No. You go back not forward 

You're definitely on the wind up. If not i am i feel sorry for your lack of intelligence.

You need to get a reality check mate.

I can ensure you, the England - Scotland game isn't the biggest game in 9 years. 

Every game that Scotland is involved in where a positive result can help aid our progress in reaching a qualification or a playoff position for a major tournament, is and will always be just as important.  I am genuingly intrigued to understand why you think the game v England at Wembley in November is our biggest game in 9 years????

I think i already know your answer to my following question, but i thought I would ask anyway.

At the end of the up-and-coming qualifying campaign, what sceanario would you prefer:

Scenario 1: Scotland LOSE all qualifying games (home and away) to malta, slovakia, slovenia, & Lithuania, but Scotland WIN against England (home and away). This scenario resulting in us finishing bottom of our qualification group.

Scenario 2: Scotland WIN all qualifying games (home and away) to malta, slovakia, slovenia, & Lithuania, but Scotland LOSE to England (home and away). This Scenario resulting in us gaining a playoff position as a minimum.

15 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

I'm wondering what's more idiotic?

Referring to our 'speed' as if this is one of our main strengths or 'tactics is usually my strong point'. 

Or feeding Bonny78 with replies...

3 hours ago, Zander_14 said:

You're definitely on the wind up. If not i am i feel sorry for your lack of intelligence.

You need to get a reality check mate.

I can ensure you, the England - Scotland game isn't the biggest game in 9 years. 

Every game that Scotland is involved in where a positive result can help aid our progress in reaching a qualification or a playoff position for a major tournament, is and will always be just as important.  I am genuingly intrigued to understand why you think the game v England at Wembley in November is our biggest game in 9 years????

I think i already know your answer to my following question, but i thought I would ask anyway.

At the end of the up-and-coming qualifying campaign, what sceanario would you prefer:

Scenario 1: Scotland LOSE all qualifying games (home and away) to malta, slovakia, slovenia, & Lithuania, but Scotland WIN against England (home and away). This scenario resulting in us finishing bottom of our qualification group.

Scenario 2: Scotland WIN all qualifying games (home and away) to malta, slovakia, slovenia, & Lithuania, but Scotland LOSE to England (home and away). This Scenario resulting in us gaining a playoff position as a minimum.

Scenario 2 obviously but it doesn't work that way does it?    Each game is a unique event in itself.

In 2007 we had the biggest game we've had in a long time.  a home game against a big side with a chance to qualify if we win.

9 years have passed now.   We have a big derby game.  theee biggest.  a bit like rangers and celtic having not met for years and now they have.  

3 hours ago, Zander_14 said: