do we get men behind the ball v England - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

do we get men behind the ball v England

bonny78

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, bonny78 said:

In 2007 we had the biggest game we've had in a long time.  a home game against a big side with a chance to qualify if we win.

9 years have passed now.   We have a big derby game.  theee biggest.  a bit like rangers and celtic having not met for years and now they have.  

8 hours ago, bonny78 said:

the ta knows what it;s doing,   i try my best on here

I give up.  

9 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

The 'likes' of me. :(

Got that handicap issue sorted out btw mate, many thanks, I'll report back to you with my winnings in due course :)

Well, anybody really.;)

Did you get a mask and sombrero along with your handicap?:lol:

Do u even remember 2007 Italy game?  A big game has 2 elements.  

1. Whats at stake

2.how big the opponents are.

Hence 2007 italy home game was a big game v a big team. Time period is 9 years since.     Siiiimmmpppiiiilllleessss

Edited by bonny78

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Well, anybody really.;)

Did you get a mask and sombrero along with your handicap?:lol:

Haha very good sir. 

5 is actually the lowest I've ever been so I'm quite chuffed. It's amazing how few people know how the system is supposed to work (obviously myself included). Did speak to a couple of lads that confirmed everything you said so all's well. 

It's a good thing I'm honest btw, the guy organising the comp didn't sound like he was bothered his arse one way or the other. Makes you wonder just how many guys are playing off incorrect handicaps? 

2 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Haha very good sir. 

5 is actually the lowest I've ever been so I'm quite chuffed. It's amazing how few people know how the system is supposed to work (obviously myself included). Did speak to a couple of lads that confirmed everything you said so all's well. 

It's a good thing I'm honest btw, the guy organising the comp didn't sound like he was bothered his arse one way or the other. Makes you wonder just how many guys are playing off incorrect handicaps? 

Good stuff. At least if you win you will know you have done it off a proper handicap. :ok: Hope you beat the banditos.

We need to be thinking about Malta. Remember Georgia away!! Also Lithuania are alway tough and slovakia who TBH is our competition to finish second.

But... It is England So this is the team we need. Back to being tough to beat and competative

Marshall

Paterson.. Hanley... Kingsley... Robertson

Brown... Fletcher

Burke... Snodgrass....McCormack..

Griffiths

Experience and Youth going forward with Snodgrass who is by far our best player.

Edited by jamboman

7 hours ago, jamboman said:

We need to be thinking about Malta. Remember Georgia away!! Also Lithuania are alway tough and slovakia who TBH is our competition to finish second.

But... It is England So this is the team we need. Back to being tough to beat and competative

Marshall

Brown... Fletcher

Griffiths

Experience and Youth going forward with Snodgrass who is by far our best player.

Hopefully Kingsley can play center half, if so that team will do me.

• 2 months later...
On 12/08/2016 at 1:09 PM, GaryWood34 said:

Tactics go out the window in derbies.

We played well at Wembley when we attacked them. We must do this again. Take the game as it comes.

Fight for every ball and we will have them.

No they don't.

On 13/08/2016 at 5:08 PM, jamboman said:

It is England So this is the team we need. Back to being tough to beat and competative

Marshall
Brown... Fletcher
Griffiths

I'll give you points for probably the least likely lineup for the game :D

Hanley's played less than an hour of league football since the 5th of august.. Shouldnt be starting for us.
Robertson's injured.
Brown's retired.
Fletcher's washed up.
Snodgrass is injured.
McCormack is unlikely to make the squad and isnt a winger.