Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 06/08/2016 at 4:59 PM, Paulo2576 said:

Good to see Lewis MacLeod straight into the Brentford starting 11. Hope he can fulfil his potential.

Forgot about him, interesting to see how he does.

Dare I say it, James Forrest almost looked like a footballer for celtic tonight, then fell over in a heap and was shite for the last 10 mins after that.

14 hours ago, Kirk said:

Forgot about him, interesting to see how he does.

Dare I say it, James Forrest almost looked like a footballer for celtic tonight, then fell over in a heap and was shite for the last 10 mins after that.

I thought Forrest was outstanding for most of the game. He seemed to twist his knee near the end and his level dropped a bit. He used the ball well, passed and probed the defence and appeared to have a lot more confidence.  I think Rodgers might improve his game.

16 hours ago, andyD said:

Fletcher fit to play at the weekend apparently.

Would have thought they'd let him rest with a delicate wound of that sort for maybe a week or two. But I'm not a doctor !

2 minutes ago, kmcca5 said:

Will be taking a first hand look at Burke for Forrest tonight when they visit the AMEX. Forrest supporting pall sees him as their great new hope.

Enjoy the match. Keep an eye out for Alex Iacovitti who might be involved too.

Forest certainly are one of the best clubs in England when it comes to developing decent young players in recent years.

21 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Would have thought they'd let him rest with a delicate wound of that sort for maybe a week or two. But I'm not a doctor !

With a knock to the head, it would normally seem sensible.. but it seems like it was more of a cut that a bash, if that makes sense. There's been no suggestion of a concussion, which is why you would normally wrap someone in cotton wool for a week or two.

Carlos Carvalhal yesterday:
“He is training and did a test yesterday and felt good, so he started today in the normal session with his colleagues.”

Norwich is their opponent tomorrow, so I think they're quite eager to have Fletcher on the field given how well he started against Villa. The main risk seems to be that he'd reopen the wound.. so maybe he'll get some Petr Cech style headgear for the game.

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Enjoy the match. Keep an eye out for Alex Iacovitti who might be involved too.

Forest certainly are one of the best clubs in England when it comes to developing decent young players in recent years.

I was just looking Alexander Iacovitti  up, looks like he played against Burton, only 18 and a defender. Do when know if he's a center back?

From Nottingham Post re 5 players that might make an impact this season.

2. Oliver Burke

There was a moment, even on a comedically bad playing surface at Blackpool, where Oliver Burke caught out the opposition defenders in a manner that also bordered on the truly amusing.

It would almost be only sporting if Burke were to mutter 'meep, meep' as a warning, in Road Runner fashion, before knocking the ball past his man and running at them, before disappearing in a cloud of dust (in a very literal sense at Bloomfield Road).

With his mop hair and slightly awkward gait, many opposition defenders may underestimate Burke when they cross paths next season.

But they are unlikely to do so twice. Quite simply, he is just very, very fast.

The very epitome of an unpolished diamond, Burke is far from the finished article, but with strength as well as speed and the ability to fire in a precise cross or cut inside and shot, he has many exciting attributes.

And it says everything you need to know about the product of the Forest youth academy that, at the end of the campaign, Freedman stated categorically that he would not be looking to sign another right sided winger.

In Chris Burke, young winger Oliver has an experienced, quality player standing ahead of him in the pecking order at the City Ground; as well as a man he can learn a great deal from.

But the former Birmingham and Rangers player will not be the only man looking over his shoulder for Burke, when the new season kicks off.

Like Walker, Burke has stood out during the remarkable run in the FA Youth Cup, as well as in the Forest under-21 side.

He may again initially find himself behind the more senior Burke in the pecking order, but if Oliver can continue his progress as he has done over the last 12 months, the number of defenders caught out will only increase.

Read more at http://www.nottinghampost.com/nottingham-forest-young-stars-make-breakthrough/story-26549306-detail/story.html#pyjykvgCXYJtOzhe.99

. Alex Iacovitti

It is not merely just his name that gives away Alex Iacovitti's Italian roots.

The languid, cultured defender's calm performances for Forest's under-18 side earned him a handful of opportunities for the under-21s last season.

A central defender who can also slot in at left back, Iacovitti stood out in more experienced company in that under-21 play-off semi-final against Swansea.

Iacovitti has already represented Scotland at under-17 level and does not turn 18 until September, so patience will be required where the teenager is concerned.

But he performed in the manner of a player with far more experience against the Welsh side, making numerous timely interceptions and challenges thanks to his astute reading of the game.

Iacovitti, who does also qualify to play for Italy, only started four times for the under-21 side, but has made swift progress in the final months of the campaign, after making himself indispensable to the under-18 side.

Comfortable with the ball at his feet, Iacovitti is more than capable of carrying the ball out of defence.

And, while it is perhaps too much to expect him to make a significant impact on the first team next season, he is a player that is generating some considerable excitement behind the scenes at the club.

Read more at http://www.nottinghampost.com/nottingham-forest-young-stars-make-breakthrough/story-26549306-detail/story.html#pyjykvgCXYJtOzhe.99

Burke was superb in the first half last night. Reminiscent of a young Bale. Built like a brick out house. Faded on second half but was by far Forest biggest threat. Extremely impressed with him. 

3 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

According to Chris Waddle Robertson didn't put a foot wrong against Mahrez and Snodgrass got sponsors MoM

Didn't see the game so no idea how Snodgrass played but sponsors MOTM means nothing.  I've done it once at Chelsea and basically you get asked who do you want to meet after the game.  We picked Zola which was hardly controversial but we could have picked better players on the night.