Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

17 hours ago, DOUBLE A said:

Cairney for Fullham

Forsyth for Derby 

Had Sky Sports News on last night, and though I was only drifting in and out, Cairney name seemed to come up every time they cut to updates on the Leeds - Fulham match.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Apparently the goal was a bit special, but we have plenty better players in his position, Aaid said so.

What I say is irrelevant. It's what Strachan thinks and does that matters.  

Super Leigh at the double! Starting to get a bit (as you do,stupidly) excited about upcoming campaign and Malta game now.

Been thinking should Strachan go for a front 3 of Barrie Mackay, griffiths and forrest. And then I forgot about snodgrass....ooh excitiement building.

Edited by JECK

9 minutes ago, JECK said:

Super Leigh at the double! Starting to get a bit (as you do,stupidly) excited about upcoming campaign and Malta game now.

Been thinking should Strachan go for a front 3 of Barrie Mackay, griffiths and forrest. And then I forgot about snodgrass....ooh excitiement building.

Snodgrass in the middle can still accommodate that, although Burke on the right has a claim.

50 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

griffiths has to start in malta, if he doesnt then i strachan has lost the plot 

The way Strachan was building him up suggests he has just about picked him already. I thought Forrest,  Brown and Griffiths were fantastic tonight. 

7 hours ago, Jagtag said:

The way Strachan was building him up suggests he has just about picked him already. I thought Forrest,  Brown and Griffiths were fantastic tonight. 

Griffith's better start. Fletcher is feckin cursed when it comes to Scotland.

Anyone think Snodgrass or Ritchie could play in behind the striker ?

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Anyone think Snodgrass could play in behind the striker ?

Hopefully Gordon Strachan for one. 

It's his best position.  If we'd had him playing there in the last campaign I don't think we'd have finished 4th. 

9 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Hopefully Gordon Strachan for one. 

It's his best position.  If we'd had him playing there in the last campaign I don't think we'd have finished 4th. 

Always said he was a massive miss for us in the last campaign. Will be the first name on the team sheet for me. Griffiths for me has to start after his performance last night. Snoddy in behind him and Ritchie on the right. Not sure who on the left though.

31 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

Always said he was a massive miss for us in the last campaign. 

No doubt about it. We've not exactly been blessed with great players in that position in recent years. I'll stick my neck out and say Snoddy's the best I've seen play there since Kenny Dalglish retired. 

Griffiths must be our first choice striker now. Having Malta first is perfect to give him a full 90

brown has finally had a good game but I still would have him in our starting 11 because it's only one game. Strachan will pick him though.

snodgrass along with Griffiths must the first names on the team sheet, surely?

59 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Griffiths must be our first choice striker now. Having Malta first is perfect to give him a full 90

brown has finally had a good game but I still would have him in our starting 11 because it's only one game. Strachan will pick him though.

snodgrass along with Griffiths must the first names on the team sheet, surely?

the two of them have to start, Griffiths has scored in every competition he has played in (maybe not english cup games, not sure) and is doing it consistently in europe now. if strachan comes out with shite about fletcher being better at playing up front on his own then thats it for me, Griffiths is now an all round striker that actually can score goals. if he cant get a start against the mighty malta on this form then he never will   

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Brown has been good for most of the games I have seen this season. He had a pretty good performance v Motherwell in the cup previous week too.

6 hours ago, Toepoke said:

No doubt about it. We've not exactly been blessed with great players in that position in recent years. I'll stick my neck out and say Snoddy's the best I've seen play there since Kenny Dalglish retired. 

Agree

11 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Remind me of his strike rate for SCOTLAND please? Heck it is even worse than Chris Martin.

craig im not going round in circles about this again this campaign. the fact of the matter is he is the best goal scorer we have, you are probably the only one who doesnt think he should be started because of the grudge you have against him.

1 minute ago, LewisEDI said:

craig im not going round in circles about this again this campaign. the fact of the matter is he is the best goal scorer we have, you are probably the only one who doesnt think he should be started because of the grudge you have against him.

Look if I am proven wrong I will be delighted but we are talking international level here not club level. He hasn't even come close to scoring for us (Scotland) so surely you can see why I am so scepticial. I judge Scotland players on how they do for Scotland not Celtic or any other club. Once he starts (if he does) delivering for Scotland then my opinion will change.