Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, girvanTA said:

Charlie Mulgrew was taken off injured today for Blackburn during the first half according to bbc reports

1 hour ago, girvanTA said:

Charlie Mulgrew was taken off injured today for Blackburn during the first half according to bbc reports

Oddly enough the BBC website says "an injury to new signing Charlie Mulgrew forced the Blackburn striker off".  Adds another option about where best to utilise his talents!

Burke did reasonably well. Seemed a little lost at times when there were chances for an overlap but played a nice through ball for Timo Werner to force Buerki into a save. Not really a game for the technical players. Leipzig basically kicked us off the park but for whatever reason we didn't really look up for it. Not a single shot on target. Hmmmph.

33 minutes ago, Tartan Tarantula said:

Burke did reasonably well. Seemed a little lost at times when there were chances for an overlap but played a nice through ball for Timo Werner to force Buerki into a save. Not really a game for the technical players. Leipzig basically kicked us off the park but for whatever reason we didn't really look up for it. Not a single shot on target. Hmmmph.

Tuchel will never emulate Kloppo.

I know he is a long way off from being an automatic pick or even just involved in the squad, but I quite liked the performance of Stuart Armstrong after coming on as a sub, I would imagine he would be a straight swap for Brown at Celtic if Brown gets injured

20 minutes ago, borojock said:

Great news about Burke really excited about his talent. If Robertson, Tierney, Paterson, Mckay, McGinn, Watt etc can progress as well we may have a decent team in the next couple of years

I see Islam Fereuz is on the bench for his new Belgium team :whistling:

No surprises from me, but I thought McKay was different class today, as was Tierney.

1 hour ago, borojock said:

I see Islam Fereuz is on the bench for his new Belgium team :whistling:

got 20 mins and his team got pumped 5-1 at home by some team i've never heard of, not i have heard of the team he is playing for either mind you

he will chuck it before christmas

Edited by LewisEDI

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

No surprises from me, but I thought McKay was different class today, as was Tierney.

Mckay was different class to the rest of the Rangers team lol,  but unless he gets a move we will never find out if he is any good. Major worry after the old firm game is how much we will see of Giffiths in the champions league