Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

He wasnt at fault for any and 2 of them were penalties

Just watched MOTD, commentator said Marshall had been outstanding week before against Stoke.

McArthur scored a good goal for Palace. Maybe Fletcher and McArthur should be the holding 2 against England, that game might not suit Bannan so much.

A lot might change before then.

2 hours ago, The Black Bra said:

Just watched MOTD, commentator said Marshall had been outstanding week before against Stoke.

McArthur scored a good goal for Palace. Maybe Fletcher and McArthur should be the holding 2 against England, that game might not suit Bannan so much.

A lot might change before then.

I'd play them against Lithuania and Slovakia as well

Rumours that Jack Harper will be leaving Brighton in the January. Not sure of that is on loan or a permanent transfer.  Crying shame if true. If he can’t cut it at Brighton who have a great record of promoting young players through the ranks then it may not happen for this young lad. I hope that I am proved wrong.

27 minutes ago, kmcca5 said:

Rumours that Jack Harper will be leaving Brighton in the January. Not sure of that is on loan or a permanent transfer.  Crying shame if true. If he can’t cut it at Brighton who have a great record of promoting young players through the ranks then it may not happen for this young lad. I hope that I am proved wrong.

completely the wrong club to have joined, hopefully clubs in spain still remember him

3 minutes ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Yeah - that's their club song. They gather once every year at the cathedral and sing it there as well!

They've been singing it for years - different words of course - but its a bit weird the first time you hear it.

Nowhere near as weird as the PSG song to the tune of Flower of Scotland though.

3 hours ago, LewisEDI said:

completely the wrong club to have joined, hopefully clubs in spain still remember him

The wrong club, pray tell us why?  There is an ethos of playing excellent passing football at Brighton, they have one of the best training facilities in the whole of Europe, a great record of bringing through youth players and have been in the play off for promotion to the premiership for 3 of the last 4 seasons but still you say they are the wrong club. Deary me, who would be the right club then?  

3 hours ago, kmcca5 said:

The wrong club, pray tell us why?  There is an ethos of playing excellent passing football at Brighton, they have one of the best training facilities in the whole of Europe, a great record of bringing through youth players and have been in the play off for promotion to the premiership for 3 of the last 4 seasons but still you say they are the wrong club. Deary me, who would be the right club then?  

because he went from playing youth football at real madrid to playing youth football at brighton, he hasnt even been playing in the reserves, when he joined he was talking about being in the first team by last christmas and a year later he is nowhere near that. going by your location i would guess that u are also likely to be a brighton fan and therefore have rose tinted glasses regarding the club. he is 20 years old he needs first team football, wherever that may be.

41 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

because he went from playing youth football at real madrid to playing youth football at brighton, he hasnt even been playing in the reserves, when he joined he was talking about being in the first team by last christmas and a year later he is nowhere near that. going by your location i would guess that u are also likely to be a brighton fan and therefore have rose tinted glasses regarding the club. he is 20 years old he needs first team football, wherever that may be.

Maybe he's just not good enough and the fact he was at Real Madrid is irrelevant.   Maybe Ricky Spragia was right about him.

You could write a list of 100 players that have come through the youths at Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Manchester United and so on that have fallen by the wayside for one reason or another, the attrition rate is really high.  

I'm not writing the kid off but some people seem to think the fact that he was in the youth setup at Real Madrid automatically means he's destined for superstardom.  

15 hours ago, kmcca5 said:

One start and 2 sub appearances, one assist and one goal. Not a bad start from the stats at least. Wish I had bt sport to watch him. 

Get a fire stick from amazon, sportsmania year subscription for £50 you can stream good quality BT sport, Sky sports, Fox, Espn.......not a salesman but that's what I've got.