Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 19 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I thought despite giving the ball away a couple of times, Armstrong was pretty good and will get better with games. He is incisive and tries to make things happen.

Enjoyed watching the Scottish players playing for Celtic tonight, sometimes they can be frustrating to watch though. 

Gordon 8 :- kept Celtic in it with a couple of good saves, but needs to clear his lines better

Brown 8 :- kept the ball moving and worked hard, but should be passing it better

Armstrong 6 :- Difficult night, gave the ball away a wee bit too much in a crowded midfield battle but will become a better player this season

Forrest 5 :- Disappointing night, poor first touch and had to defend more than attack subbed after 60 mins

McGregor 3 :- Should have burst the net in the last 5 mins

Henderson 3:- unlucky with a shot.

Tierney and Griffiths would have played some part of tonight as well, good thing for Scotland is that these players will get game time under Rodgers who will make them better players

2 hours ago, girvanTA said:

Enjoyed watching the Scottish players playing for Celtic tonight, sometimes they can be frustrating to watch though. 

Gordon 8 :- kept Celtic in it with a couple of good saves, but needs to clear his lines better

Brown 8 :- kept the ball moving and worked hard, but should be passing it better

Armstrong 6 :- Difficult night, gave the ball away a wee bit too much in a crowded midfield battle but will become a better player this season

Forrest 5 :- Disappointing night, poor first touch and had to defend more than attack subbed after 60 mins

McGregor 3 :- Should have burst the net in the last 5 mins

Henderson 3:- unlucky with a shot.

Tierney and Griffiths would have played some part of tonight as well, good thing for Scotland is that these players will get game time under Rodgers who will make them better players

Scott Brown had the highest pass completion rate on the park tonight. Here is his passing stats for the 4 Group Stage games.

Barca 94%
Man City 91%
BM 96%
BM 96%

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/celtic-skipper-scott-brown-stars-8938079?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Against Hapoel it was 99%

2 hours ago, 86glebestreet said:

I think Forrest is over rated, goes missing during games, 

He;s too short

All joking aside, I have absolutely no idea why or how he gets in the squad. 

Edited by Bzzzz

6 hours ago, Mcfadden11 said:

Scott Brown had the highest pass completion rate on the park tonight. Here is his passing stats for the 4 Group Stage games.

Barca 94%
Man City 91%
BM 96%
BM 96%

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/celtic-skipper-scott-brown-stars-8938079?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Against Hapoel it was 99%

4 minutes ago, andyD said:

err.. because he's been playing very well this season and 1 off game in the champions league doesn't change that?

Er...Forrest is in the Strachan "Yes" club so much so that he is almost on a par with golden baws banana and c.martin..

I would love it if one of those 3 is dropped.

13 minutes ago, AustroSchotte said:

Er...Forrest is in the Strachan "Yes" club so much so that he is almost on a par with golden baws banana and c.martin..

I would love it if one of those 3 is dropped.

Care to share why?

Forrest is having what seems to be the best season of his life.
Bannan was in the PFA Championship team of the year and will probably make the playoffs again.
Chris Martin has scored 4 and got an assist in his last 4 league games.

I'm curious to hear your reasoning.

1 hour ago, andyD said:

Care to share why?

I'm curious to hear your reasoning.

Ok never rated Forrest at all, his performance in the last internationals was poor, he is more of an Impact substitute type player which I don't think he's upto given his blatant miss against Lithu.

Bannan is too small, he was posted missing against Slovakia...Ok he's not too bad but he is luxury player (someone mentioned this before)would prefer Maloney or someone else gIving a solid midfield.

C.Martin, is a tryer,  but at int. level out of his depth. + at least 3rd choice. - super sub role?

1 hour ago, AustroSchotte said:

Ok never rated Forrest at all, his performance in the last internationals was poor, he is more of an Impact substitute type player which I don't think he's upto given his blatant miss against Lithu.

Bannan is too small, he was posted missing against Slovakia...Ok he's not too bad but he is luxury player (someone mentioned this before)would prefer Maloney or someone else gIving a solid midfield.

C.Martin, is a tryer,  but at int. level out of his depth. + at least 3rd choice. - super sub role?

So you discount Forrest's form this season. Curious. Who would you have replaced him with?

Bannan's too small, but Maloney isn't? Those 2cm make a massive difference I'm sure.

Martin may be out of his depth.. there's an argument to say that they all are.. but we've got what we've got and Martin is by far the most in form striker we have right now. We might wish McCormack, Rhodes, Naismith, Griffiths and Fletch were all scoring every week, but they're not. Martin is.

1 hour ago, andyD said:

So you discount Forrest's form this season. Curious. Who would you have replaced him with?

Bannan's too small, but Maloney isn't? Those 2cm make a massive difference I'm sure.

Forrest I wouldn't replace him with anyone he didn't start. He's been seriously woeful the last few matches and to be honest I've always expected Forrest to deliver and become a better player but he never has. His improvement at club level is because of Rodgers he was almost off to the championship and obscurity just before Rodgers came in .

Bannan's height was a joke sorry, but yes the physical presence (Brown) was lacking in that midfield against the Slovaks.

Yip Martin is scoring at the moment,  but I am more of a fan of two up top maybe him and Griffiths as Martin is no use up top alone.

13 minutes ago, AustroSchotte said:

Bannan's height was a joke sorry, but yes the physical presence (Brown) was lacking in that midfield against the Slovaks.

My take away from that game was more Fletcher's complete anonymity than Bannan's. For me Bannan ran around a lot, but wasn't very effective. Fletcher just.. wasn't there. Can watch the 2nd goal again, the one that killed off any chance of lucking a point from the game.

https://youtu.be/D8CzjBQmSAw?t=93

Fletcher doesn't move, doesn't cover, doesn't pressure. Nothing. Ritchie runs past him trying to get back and block, but Fletch is like a tree.

5 minutes ago, andyD said:

https://youtu.be/D8CzjBQmSAw?t=93

Fletcher doesn't move, doesn't cover, doesn't pressure. Nothing. Ritchie runs past him trying to get back and block, but Fletch is like a tree.

That video is murder ! The Slovakia looking like Brasil !

Gordon must come in for Marshall he was suspect at the 1st goal there. S.Fletcher was also rusty in that game his header was way of target. With Brown in maybe Bannan can enjoy more possession and freedom to play more forward (maloney) role.

2 hours ago, noctonjock said:

Watching Derby on tv and Johnny Russell having a really good game . A better option than Forrest IMO at least he can cross the ball 

He's had a difficult start to the season, but Mclaren coming back has given him a new lease of life.

He gives his all every game and the fans love his work effort, even if his decision making can be a bit dubious at times.

He should of been in a lot more squads, thats for sure. 

9 minutes ago, GeeJay said:

RB are 1-0 up already against Mainz and are set to go joint top of the Bundesliga with Bayern on 24pts. I wonder if Burke being an important part of that team is good enough experience for Strachan, or if John McGinn will be preferred. :lol:

Make that 2-0 now. Lets hope they take the opportunity to give Burke a good run-out later.