Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 25 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Was their captain the other night. Plays for a club in the same league as Hanley but actually plays. No brainer he should get a call up instead IMO

So your  opinion to call up Cooper (forgetting whether hanley should be there or not) , is it based on consistently having seen Cooper play or just seeing his name on a team sheet, which, incidentally doesn't happen all that often.

11 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

So your  opinion to call up Cooper (forgetting whether hanley should be there or not) , is it based on consistently having seen Cooper play or just seeing his name on a team sheet, which, incidentally doesn't happen all that often.

ProudScot bases his opinion on whether or not somebody earns a wage in England. It doesn't even matter if they play or not. Yes, he's that proud. <_<

6 hours ago, Paulo2576 said:

It's based on the fact we have no centre backs and he plays (regularly) in the same league as our #1 centre back according to Strachan, the tremendous Grant Hanley.

My point was if Hanley gets in the squad then Cooper should.

Obvious really...

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

It's based on the fact we have no centre backs and he plays (regularly) in the same league as our #1 centre back according to Strachan, the tremendous Grant Hanley.

My point was if Hanley gets in the squad then Cooper should.

Obvious really...

Completely irrelevant. Robert Snodgrass plays in the same league as Willian, the perennial Chelsea sub. Is he a better player or even as close to being as good? No, of course he isn't. A ludicrous argument that you haven't thought through at all. 

19 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Completely irrelevant. Robert Snodgrass plays in the same league as Willian, the perennial Chelsea sub. Is he a better player or even as close to being as good? No, of course he isn't. A ludicrous argument that you haven't thought through at all. 

The point is that Hanley doesn't play and still gets a call up every time... by that thinking any eligible player playing the same level would be a better shout for a call up.

Hanley is also horse dung. Cooper may be too - my point is that players playing the same or a higher level are overlooked under Strachan for players who sometimes aren't even playing.

3 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

The point is that Hanley doesn't play and still gets a call up every time... by that thinking any eligible player playing the same level would be a better shout for a call up.

Hanley is also horse dung. Cooper may be too - my point is that players playing the same or a higher level are overlooked under Strachan for players who sometimes aren't even playing.

Yes, i understood your point. Your point, however, is nonsensical. 

3 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Phillips' was a pearler.  Chris Sutton on MotD (is there a channel he's not on? :blink: ) laying into Strachan for not picking him.

He could score 10 goals in the EPL between now and March and I don't think he'd make our very inept managers squad... 

7 hours ago, ProudScot said:

He could score 10 goals in the EPL between now and March and I don't think he'd make our very inept managers squad... 

didnt run in a friendly apparently, so according to some on here not to be considered for future games

1 hour ago, Bino's said:

didnt run in a friendly apparently, so according to some on here not to be considered for future games

He's always had potential and the odd good game but it seems it's only the last few that it's come together. Perhaps a mentality problem, but if he's conquered it then great - straight into the starting 11.

2 hours ago, Bino's said:

I've always thought he looked an excellent player and without doubt, on ability, would command a starting place in the scotland team. He is one of the form players in that league now, drawing praise from all corners. In fact, I reckon he would be worthy of a place in the england squad where he could build on his 10 under 19/20 caps. Bet he's regretting becoming scottish now.

15 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

I've always thought he looked an excellent player and without doubt, on ability, would command a starting place in the scotland team. He is one of the form players in that league now, drawing praise from all corners. In fact, I reckon he would be worthy of a place in the england squad where he could build on his 10 under 19/20 caps. Bet he's regretting becoming scottish now.

a quality twist there!

13 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Phillips' was a pearler.  Chris Sutton on MotD (is there a channel he's not on? :blink: ) laying into Strachan for not picking him.

Thought that was unfair of Sutton.  I've always thought Phillips had bags of potential and was excited that he opted for us.  But it's only recently that he's put a string of good performances together on a consistent basis for WBA and he hasn't done it in a blue jersey yet.