Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 29 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

On 15/12/2016 at 11:44 AM, GordyA88 said:

I would agree with Armstrong. He should have been in before bringing Brown back. 

My point was Phillips was a regular for QPR last season and was playing well and he has been tearing it up the last few weeks for West Brom. He is surely a better option than some of the players being selected. 

I'm still disillusioned that Strachan is in the job. He's lost the plot in my opinion 

Phillips was in the team for us earlier this year after a good spell of form in the Championship. He was absolutely shocking for us and rightly dropped out of the squad. As Rab said, we haven't played since he recently hit form, so.. can't really fault the manager for not calling him up to a squad.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, andyD said:

Random question.. I noticed Barnsley (who are doing ok in the championship) have a 24 year old center back playing regularly for them called Angus MacDonald. He's got to be eligible for us just because of his name, surely? ;)

Represented England at a few levels and I'm not aware of any eligibility other than his fantastic name which as you say should be enough to see him called up.?

2 hours ago, Scout said:

Dorrans is other player who form has been good  this season just sits wins the ball and passes in the middle of the park is being overlooked - let's see how he does tonight  - Tom Cairney @ Fulham is another one.

Not seen much of Cairney but Dorrans looked decent again tonight, I've always rated him but he's been unlucky with injuries and personal problems although I'd rather see him in than the likes of Bridcutt.

16 hours ago, andyD said:

Phillips was in the team for us earlier this year after a good spell of form in the Championship. He was absolutely shocking for us and rightly dropped out of the squad. As Rab said, we haven't played since he recently hit form, so.. can't really fault the manager for not calling him up to a squad.

Phillips was starting for west brom since the beginning of the season and should have been in the squad for the three games we eliminated ourselves by playing very poorly in

1 hour ago, Bino's said:

Phillips was starting for west brom since the beginning of the season and should have been in the squad for the three games we eliminated ourselves by playing very poorly in

I'm not convinced. I've seen nothing from him in a Scotland shirt to suggest he's in the slightest bit interested. 

7 hours ago, Rab The Crab said:

I'm not convinced. I've seen nothing from him in a Scotland shirt to suggest he's in the slightest bit interested. 

what have you seen from armstrong in a scotland shirt

not a lot as he hasnt really been given a chance either

6 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Robertson outstanding for Hull against West Ham yesterday according to Jermaine Jenas on MOTD. Good be a as Hull fans were having a bit of a pop at him a couple of games back.

Just watched the highlights and from what I saw I'd agree.

Looked great going forward and defending.

47 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Robertson outstanding for Hull against West Ham yesterday according to Jermaine Jenas on MOTD. Good be a as Hull fans were having a bit of a pop at him a couple of games back.

Got lots of praise on MotD last night.

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Celtic to give first team debuts to several youngsters tonight v Partick Thistle - Good news.

Read (In the sun) Calvin Miller is one but he is going to be converted into a left back.....!

fantastic, about time we had a decent left back coming through. 

20 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Celtic to give first team debuts to several youngsters tonight v Partick Thistle - Good news.

Read (In the sun) Calvin Miller is one but he is going to be converted into a left back.....!

Ffs has he not trained all his life up till now as a winger?

Why the sudden change? Or is it just a temporary measure?

If there is ever a left back world cup, we'll skoosh it.

5 minutes ago, Rude Gullit said:

Ffs has he not trained all his life up till now as a winger?

Why the sudden change? Or is it just a temporary measure?

If there is ever a left back world cup, we'll skoosh it.

Rodgers was comparing Calvin Miller to Ryan Bertrand and how he had converted Bertrand from a winger to a full-back to make better use of his pace. 

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:34 PM, Rab The Crab said:

What has Stuart Armstrong got to do with my opinion of Matt Phillips?

neither have been given a chance properly by Strachan so how can you form an opinion of either of them in a Scotland shirt