Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 31 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think he's needs to get Hutton back in - Martin - -Whitaker - and Cooper at Leeds  all could do with being in the staring 11 or move on and get regular football -  Though  Norwich could  change manager he needs results and they along with Naismith could get regular football again - Jan window a few could move about 

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:32 PM, Rab The Crab said:

Could be looking at a very new look back 4 come March. Paterson out and neither Martin or Hanley have been playing much if at all since Wembley.

our centre half issues have become beyond farcical

the nation that spawned your McNeil Miller Hansens can't find one semi half decent centre half

On 30/12/2016 at 8:49 PM, Bino's said:

our centre half issues have become beyond farcical

the nation that spawned your McNeil Miller Hansens can't find one semi half decent centre half

Yip, the average at best Berra is now looking like our best centre half.

On 31/12/2016 at 2:19 PM, er yir macaroon said:

Armstrong and McKay outstanding in the Old Firm game. Both good enough for our starting 11.

Armstrong has been a key figure for Celtic this season. To imagine that he was nearly out the door in the summer to where he is now is nothing short of outstanding. Goes to show what a change in manager can do for a team/ individuals

14 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

That 'average at best' Berra was described as the best cnetre half in the Championship by Mick Mc McCarthy, himself no mean CB.

Doesn't mean it's true. Even if he is the best CB in the Championship, we've seen him at international level and he is average at best. 

43 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Doesn't mean it's true. Even if he is the best CB in the Championship, we've seen him at international level and he is average at best. 

He probably is average, but I don't recall him letting Scotland down/making any costly mistakes at any stage. 

Dont think I could say that about any other CB since the Craig Brown days.

Edited by Marky

4 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

That 'average at best' Berra was described as the best cnetre half in the Championship by Mick Mc McCarthy, himself no mean CB.

Aye funny that.

With McCarthy being his boss.

Im not deriding him as such however he is average, if he was any better than that he'd have been a first choice, maybe still in the Premiership and have 50/60 caps by now.

6 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Does Liam Lyndsay have the potential to step up a class at centre half? Physically he looks the part. I see Leeds are in for him.

No. Not this season anyway. 

Still a very young boy for international football and although he's doing alright for us, he is still prone to the odd mistake too many. 

He sounds like a down to earth type player who is enjoying his football and he'll be learning a lot from the Thistle management and Adam Barton just now but I think he needs a move to fully progress to make the international step-up, and I say that as someone who doesn't want him to go. Just yet anyway. 

Six goals so far this season is rare for a central defender. Could have had a few more, too. Some were peaches! Great at losing his man for such a big guy. 

One of the first products of the new Thistle youth teams. Hoping the first of many. 

6 minutes ago, OLAS said:

No. Not this season anyway. 

Still a very young boy for international football and although he's doing alright for us, he is still prone to the odd mistake too many. 

He sounds like a down to earth type player who is enjoying his football and he'll be learning a lot from the Thistle management and Adam Barton just now but I think he needs a move to fully progress to make the international step-up, and I say that as someone who doesn't want him to go. Just yet anyway. 

Six goals so far this season is rare for a central defender. Could have had a few more, too. Some were peaches! Great at losing his man for such a big guy. 

One of the first products of the new Thistle youth teams. Hoping the first of many. 

Thanks, i was meaning in 2 or 3 years time. What about pace and technique?