Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 33 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

I noticed recently that Gauld has forced his way into the Vitoria Setubal team in the last 6 weeks or so and has done very well by all accounts. This does present Strachan with a very good opportunity to get rid of some of the deadwood and start blooding some young guys who are playing at a pretty decent level, whether he does that or not though is highly doubtful.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Mox said:

I noticed recently that Gauld has forced his way into the Vitoria Setubal team in the last 6 weeks or so and has done very well by all accounts. This does present Strachan with a very good opportunity to get rid of some of the deadwood and start blooding some young guys who are playing at a pretty decent level, whether he does that or not though is highly doubtful.

Perfect chance as you say to bring in a few youngsters; Gauld, Fraser.. Even boys like Armstong and Phillips are only mid 20's.

He's already ruined the campaign so very little to lose.

More likely he sticks with the same tried and tested failure's till his sacking though the stubborn wee kont that he is.

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Charlie Adam set up both goals for Stoke in their win last night aswell - Another player who plays regularly but has no chance of a call up, of course.

Good, don't want him back.

Always blindly blasting the ball up front as hard as he can, always out the park most of the time, can't make a three yard pass without giving it to the other team and is an appalling reckless tackler.

Getting Stuart Armstrong and Ryan Gauld into the team this year is more important than giving yet another chance to yesterdays failures like Adam.

What position has Mulgrew been playing at Blackburn of late? He's a decent centre-back on his day and a player I've always liked -  hits a mean dead ball too. Him and Berra in central defence, Robertson on the left and then maybe someone like Bardsley (once he's fit again) on the right until Paterson recovers.

It's a struggle right enough.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

What position has Mulgrew been playing at Blackburn of late? He's a decent centre-back on his day and a player I've always liked -  hits a mean dead ball too. Him and Berra in central defence, Robertson on the left and then maybe someone like Bardsley (once he's fit again) on the right until Paterson recovers.

It's a struggle right enough.

Mulgrew was centre half alongside Greer against Newcastle the other day . A clean sheet and Mulgrew scored the winner with a great free kick

On 02/01/2017 at 0:57 AM, girvanTA said:

Armstrong has been a key figure for Celtic this season. To imagine that he was nearly out the door in the summer to where he is now is nothing short of outstanding. Goes to show what a change in manager can do for a team/ individuals

Part of the change is playing in the right postion and not on the wind where deila had him. Couldnt understand moving him out of position when he was great with United in the centre.

On 02/01/2017 at 4:13 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Bit like James Forrest then.

Hes no even average, hes pish

5 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Charlie Adam set up both goals for Stoke in their win last night aswell - Another player who plays regularly but has no chance of a call up, of course.

Playing well this season and I wouldnt mind him as an option but in reality we should be going for the younger guys now and he has no chance as he slated Strachan.......quite rightly so.

For old time's sake

If I'm not mistaken Craig Beattie scored on Saturday - for Edinburgh City

Just had me looking out the archives - his last gasp goal against Georgia was his first and last for Scotland.

3 hours ago, exile said:

For old time's sake

If I'm not mistaken Craig Beattie scored on Saturday - for Edinburgh City

Just had me looking out the archives - his last gasp goal against Georgia was his first and last for Scotland.

another honking player who only got capped because he played for celtic

12 hours ago, noctonjock said:

Mulgrew was centre half alongside Greer against Newcastle the other day . A clean sheet and Mulgrew scored the winner with a great free kick

Said before I was at the Newcastle Blackburn game @ Newcastle and Mulgrew had a very good game and scored with a header again playing centre back has to start for us.

4 hours ago, Scout said:

Said before I was at the Newcastle Blackburn game @ Newcastle and Mulgrew had a very good game and scored with a header again playing centre back has to start for us.

Good all round player and can hit a dead ball abd cover a few positions. Never going to ve a superstar but you know what yoyre getting

On 04/01/2017 at 3:55 PM, Mox said:

been recalled in spite back to sporting along with another player as setubal put sporting out one of the cups last night and he's back in the b team again ffs.

Edited by LewisEDI

1 hour ago, LewisEDI said:

been recalled in spite back to sporting along with another player as setubal put sporting out one of the cups last night and he's back in the b team again ffs.

Seen that, annoying. But on twitter it says he may be joining "Chaves" on loan, think they're 7th in league

See McGinn came off the bench to score a good goal last night  and played well for 15 mins or however long it was. 

Cummings is a strange one. In my opinion barely has a game outside the box and looks a bit out his depth at times yet seems to always pop up in big games (relativly) with goals. Could see last night though they're trying to improve his hold up play, there were flashes of improvement last night.

5 hours ago, JECK said:

Cummings is a strange one. In my opinion barely has a game outside the box and looks a bit out his depth at times yet seems to always pop up in big games (relativly) with goals. Could see last night though they're trying to improve his hold up play, there were flashes of improvement last night.

agreed and im a hibs fan, I think he is still a long way off if the likes of McCormack cant get a game. super john Mcginn though is ready and will get 50+ caps

Edited by LewisEDI

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 6:18 PM, noctonjock said:

we'd be as good playing these two together as they have a partnership at club level

not quite McLeish and Miller though

8 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

well let's see, natural replacement for brown. already a double cup winner with a huge amount of games under his belt at a young age.

22 and plays in the Scottish second tier

he's hardly knocking down doors

1 minute ago, Bino's said:

22 and plays in the Scottish second tier

he's hardly knocking down doors

man of the match in his scotland debut, played well on as a sub against slovakia and created our only clear cut chance. who do u think is a more likely prospect ?

8 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

man of the match in his scotland debut, played well on as a sub against slovakia and created our only clear cut chance. who do u think is a more likely prospect ?

someone who isnt playing in one of the worst leagues in europe