Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 40 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Awful player

the collective lot below aren't good enough.

4 hours ago, scot scotland scottish said:

Ross Wallace, Jamie Murphy, Stephen Fletcher and Barry Bannan all on the park in tonight's Brighton v Sheff Wed match.

Bannan a standout and running the show

16 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

McKay went through a difficult spell near the start of the season but Warburton showed good management (all young players need to be managed well) to give him a short spell out of the team and its reaping the rewards.

He has been excellent from December onwards and I really enjoy watching him, he's such a positive player and is brave on the ball.

He's got a terrific habit of showing up well in big matches which could bode well for international level.

arguably his 2 best games for Rangers were against experienced international players at Celtic.

where were YOU last week? I was getting pelters!

17 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

Arguably his 2 best games for Rangers were against experienced international players at Celtic.

I just watched that video to see if it shown anything that I'd missed with McKay.

I can't believe you'd say his best games are against Celtic and then post a video of a load of highlights where he constantly gives the ball away, creates nothing and includes a highlight of a pass to his keeper. I'm even less convinced about him than before I watched the video :lol:

6 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I just watched that video to see if it shown anything that I'd missed with McKay.

I can't believe you'd say his best games are against Celtic and then post a video of a load of highlights where he constantly gives the ball away, creates nothing and includes a highlight of a pass to his keeper. I'm even less convinced about him than before I watched the video :lol:

if that is what you take away from that clip then it says more about your myopic views and shows up your lack of credibility. 

26 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

That's not a particularly good highlight reel admittedly.

To be fair, McKay is a better player than James Forrest, not a dig really but you do tout Forrest repeatedly for Scotland when he is cut from the same cloth as Barry Bannan in that he persistently plays badly for Scotland and barely deserves a call up due to previous performances. 

31 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

if that is what you take away from that clip then it says more about your myopic views and shows up your lack of credibility. 

Let down by his team mates who can't control a football. The sooner he moves to a high quality league the better. Germany probably best for compatibility with the Scotland team.

13 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

To be fair, McKay is a better player than James Forrest, not a dig really but you do tout Forrest repeatedly for Scotland when he is cut from the same cloth as Barry Bannan in that he persistently plays badly for Scotland and barely deserves a call up due to previous performances. 

In what way is McKay better than Forrest? 

16 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

haha - point bludgeoned home yet again. only two more times today to meet our OCD quota. great entertainment. 

18 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

McKay went through a difficult spell near the start of the season but Warburton showed good management (all young players need to be managed well) to give him a short spell out of the team and its reaping the rewards.

He has been excellent from December onwards and I really enjoy watching him, he's such a positive player and is brave on the ball.

He's got a terrific habit of showing up well in big matches which could bode well for international level.

arguably his 2 best games for Rangers were against experienced international players at Celtic.

Is that video a joke?

95% of that is just him running with the ball before losing it, giving it a away or making a simple pass. 

There is literally nothing remarkable in the entire clip. I'm astonished someone has gone to the trouble of putting that together. 

1 minute ago, Marky said:

Is that video a joke?

95% of that is just him running with the ball before losing it, giving it a away or making a simple pass. 

There is literally nothing remarkable in the entire clip. I'm astonished someone has gone to the trouble of putting that together. 

Sorry. Didn't read the whole thread and now just realised I've only repeated what many have already said. 

1 hour ago, Return of Yermaw said:

haha - point bludgeoned home yet again. only two more times today to meet our OCD quota. great entertainment. 

Bannan is crap. Bannan is crap.

Now I'm away to go switch the light on and off 18 times and count to 4 really quickly whilst stamping my feet. 

1 hour ago, Marky said:

Is that video a joke?

Yes its like the sort of video a dad sends a football club when a kid wants a trial. Cringe

McKay has some good touches about him. He can obviously beat a man. My gripe with him is that, from what I've seen he has no end product. There are no telling passes, crosses or goals from him and that's why I don't think he's ready to be in a Scotland squad. 

On another matter we need to play Burke Phillips and Fraser to gel them together but Strachan won't pick any of them for the Slovenia game.

3 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

In what way is McKay better than Forrest? 

While McKay looks average, but with a few decent touches every so often, he still looks better than Forrest. Youre man love for him is admirable.

5 hours ago, Marky said:

Is that video a joke?

But that captures exactly what he does.