Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 44 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

No, but the point is unlike McCall, Goram and Phillips - Gallagher actually played for our youth teams first and then ditched us.

But hey if you want someone in the team who took a chance with us originally only throw it back in our face, then knock yourself out.

Hope we never get so low as to go begging Gallagher and Targett to come back.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

No, but the point is unlike McCall, Goram and Phillips - Gallagher actually played for our youth teams first and then ditched us.

But hey if you want someone in the team who took a chance with us originally only throw it back in our face, then knock yourself out.

Hope we never get so low as to go begging Gallagher and Targett to come back.

we did go begging to them in the first place

how do you think the original discussion went

you might not get many / any england caps but you'll get twenty for us and will help your profile and club career too, back when levein had  gemmell and the like out full time doing that

same as any of these anglos

hand on heart 99.9% would have played for england first if thy were, or even thought they were good enough

thats the new reality we live in so f*ck it we'll take gallagher back and his like until anyone in our country bothers to develop decent players again

9 hours ago, Marky said:

The shout to bring back Kenny Miller is far from ridiculous. He's easily as good as anything else we have at the moment. It would be a sad state of affairs but that's where we are. 

He's never been replaced. We've got even further from qualifying since he retired...

20 hours ago, scotlad said:

Gallagher looks a better prospect than any other young forward we currently have.

It doesn't sit well with me that he turned his back on us but if he did change his mind back again, I'd have in the senior squad in an instant.

The issue for me is he's ditched us and basically said he's English in doing so. So that for me is unforgivable. I'd only let him back if he gets a Colin Hendry tattoo. 

21 hours ago, scotlad said:

Gallagher looks a better prospect than any other young forward we currently have.

It doesn't sit well with me that he turned his back on us but if he did change his mind back again, I'd have in the senior squad in an instant.

Based on what - a couple of goals at the arse end of the English championship?

1 hour ago, Rude Gullit said:

Based on what - a couple of goals at the arse end of the English championship?

Make that 9 goals, and for an otherwise struggling team in a division where some of our more experienced forwards also play, like Fletcher and Naismith (who have both scored fewer than him so far this season).  Add to that the fact he's blessed with strength, a decent change of pace, good technique and he's still only 21, makes me think he could do well in the game.

If there are any Scottish forwards of a similar age on the scene at the moment who are doing better than that I'd love to know about them.

8 hours ago, scotlad said:

Make that 9 goals, and for an otherwise struggling team in a division where some of our more experienced forwards also play, like Fletcher and Naismith (who have both scored fewer than him so far this season).  Add to that the fact he's blessed with strength, a decent change of pace, good technique and he's still only 21, makes me think he could do well in the game.

If there are any Scottish forwards of a similar age on the scene at the moment who are doing better than that I'd love to know about them.

You seem to be forgetting the over riding factor that he chose England and hasn't switched back to Scotland so isn't even eligible. 

10 hours ago, scotlad said:

Therein lies the problem - he's declared for England.

He's been mentioned on here before but Jon McLaughlin is playing regularly in the Championship for Burton Albion after a long spell at Bradford City.

Born and raised in Edinburgh and not an eligible or granny rule player. 29 year old goalkeeper. Would be a good time to blood him and Jordan Archer in upcoming friendlies with shagger, the soon to be Chelsea reserve keeper and David Marshall all the wrong side of 30.

2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

He's been mentioned on here before but Jon McLaughlin is playing regularly in the Championship for Burton Albion after a long spell at Bradford City.

Born and raised in Edinburgh and not an eligible or granny rule player. 29 year old goalkeeper. Would be a good time to blood him and Jordan Archer in upcoming friendlies with shagger, the soon to be Chelsea reserve keeper and David Marshall all the wrong side of 30.

Blood a 29 year old to replace 30 year olds? Yay, exciting.

Yes to Archer though.

5 hours ago, ProudScot said:

You seem to be forgetting the over riding factor that he chose England and hasn't switched back to Scotland so isn't even eligible.

No I haven't.

Please see below.

On 29 January 2017 at 11:55 PM, scotlad said:

Anyone seen Murray Wallace in action for Scünthorpe Utd this season ?

Playing central defence for them and they are top of League One. 

Just a thought anyway. We really are that desperate for central defenders.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

11 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Anyone seen Murray Wallace in action for Scünthorpe Utd this season ?

Playing central defence for them and they are top of League One. 

Just a thought anyway. We really are that desperate for central defenders.

Not seen him much but I heard a couple of championship teams were looking at him.

Would do no harm to call him up for Canada game.

12 hours ago, Rab The Crab said:

Not seen him much but I heard a couple of championship teams were looking at him.

Would do no harm to call him up for Canada game.

Aye maybe. It's almost certain that his club will get promotion to the Championship so it will be hard to ignore him next season. 

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Aye maybe. It's almost certain that his club will get promotion to the Championship so it will be hard to ignore him next season. 

Let's hope he's half decent when he makes the step up, won't be hard to improve on our current selections.

46 minutes ago, Rab The Crab said:

Let's hope he's half decent when he makes the step up, won't be hard to improve on our current selections.

A few positive articles on Murray Wallace including one from a fans perspective:

http://www.shorpetelegraph.co.uk/shorpe-defensive-rock-murray-wallace-happy-to-have-responsibility/story-30055593-detail/story.html

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2017/01/shorpe-fan-im-surprised-how-well-weve-done/

http://www.shorpetelegraph.co.uk/shorpe-united-s-murray-wallace-is-a-championship-defender-five-things-we-learned/story-29835104-detail/story.html

http://www.shorpetelegraph.co.uk/shorpe-s-murray-wallace-says-he-needs-to-get-into-the-championship-to-try-and-make-scotland/story-29923503-detail/story.html 

He seems really keen to play for Scotland one day :ok:

And before some fücking idiot starts moaning "aw naw, ahm done with Scotland if we're calling up players fae Scünthorpe" -  it's the player himself that matters, not whether or not the club he plays for is considered "fashionable" or not. 

We are on our knees at the moment looking for new central defenders and can't afford to ignore anyone.