Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 45 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

3 minutes ago, Bino's said:

apart from Sam Gallagher, who will never play for england and must have realised that by now

Nice try but I was refering to central defenders

"We are on our knees at the moment looking for new central defenders and can't afford to ignore anyone."

Gallagher can fück off. We weren't good enough for the cünt.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Nice try but I was refering to central defenders

"We are on our knees at the moment looking for new central defenders and can't afford to ignore anyone."

Gallagher can fück off. We weren't good enough for the cünt.

I think we are on our knees and need to explore all avenues

he's got a 'scottish' manager at the moment

put him to some use to have a word in his ear, that is all

10 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

A few positive articles on Murray Wallace including one from a fans perspective:

http://www.shorpetelegraph.co.uk/shorpe-defensive-rock-murray-wallace-happy-to-have-responsibility/story-30055593-detail/story.html

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2017/01/shorpe-fan-im-surprised-how-well-weve-done/

http://www.shorpetelegraph.co.uk/shorpe-united-s-murray-wallace-is-a-championship-defender-five-things-we-learned/story-29835104-detail/story.html

http://www.shorpetelegraph.co.uk/shorpe-s-murray-wallace-says-he-needs-to-get-into-the-championship-to-try-and-make-scotland/story-29923503-detail/story.html 

He seems really keen to play for Scotland one day :ok:

And before some fücking idiot starts moaning "aw naw, ahm done with Scotland if we're calling up players fae Scünthorpe" -  it's the player himself that matters, not whether or not the club he plays for is considered "fashionable" or not. 

We are on our knees at the moment looking for new central defenders and can't afford to ignore anyone.

A few years ago I'd have been dead against a player from the 3rd tier being selected but N Ireland have one at least so I can cope with it.

1 hour ago, Rab The Crab said:

A few years ago I'd have been dead against a player from the 3rd tier being selected but N Ireland have one at least so I can cope with it.

hanlon or mcgregor will be called up (quite rightly) before him. 

tightest defense in europe

Edited by LewisEDI

17 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

Aye, with those two at the back and Scott Allan in midfield i reckon Scotland could definitely get to the play off semi finals in the Scottish Championship.

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Aye, with those two at the back and Scott Allan in midfield i reckon Scotland could definitely get to the play off semi finals in the Scottish Championship.

dunno about that, just the 8 point lead at the moment, if we we'd managed to sign Ryan effenberg Jack or Peter giggs Pawlett during the transfer window we could have been in with a shout. 

good luck to them both at Napoli though 

Edited by LewisEDI

1 hour ago, LewisEDI said:

Deary me. I genuinely hope not. The SPL is a shambles and the scottish championship is a diddy league. No players from that league should be near the squad. 

32 minutes ago, GordyA88 said:

Deary me. I genuinely hope not. The SPL is a shambles and the scottish championship is a diddy league. No players from that league should be near the squad. 

Seeing as you think there's a league called "the SPL", your opinion is pretty much worthless.

43 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Seeing as you think there's a league called "the SPL", your opinion is pretty much worthless.

Oh sorry, the "scottish premiership". Is that better? Have you managed to pick dummy up now? 

So I'll repeat it for you the "scottish premiership" is dross. It's a shambles full of rank rotten teams and players and the championship is worse. ?

2 minutes ago, GordyA88 said:

Oh sorry, the "scottish premiership". Is that better? Have you managed to pick dummy up now? 

So I'll repeat it for you the "scottish premiership" is dross. It's a shambles full of rank rotten teams and players and the championship is worse. ?

Haha touche. Imagine arguing over what the league is called. Cinge :lol:

3 hours ago, GordyA88 said:

My dummy is intact and you're still havering shite :ok: 

In other news the almost ever present for every he has ever played for Matt Ritchie scored again last night, can't remember if he is too slow or too English. Some one will no doubt correct me.

On a more positive note Grant Hanley appears to have secured a place on the Newcastle  bench which is a mile above were he was the last time Scotland played.

22 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Aye maybe. It's almost certain that his club will get promotion to the Championship so it will be hard to ignore him next season. 

It surely couldn't do any harm to have Wallace in the squad for the Canada game even if its nothing more than getting a chance to look at him close up in training and see how he compares to others in that position. Yes we feel that our players should be from the top leagues but I'm pretty sure the Irish have had league 1 players in recent years and they haven't let them down.

36 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Its the SPFL not the SPL, it's a big deal to some of the idiots on here----humour them.

Yeah, we should hold in high regard the opinion of someone who doesn't even know the name of the competition that he's slagging off.... ?

7 hours ago, GordyA88 said:

Apparently so. Must be Mrs Doncaster getting her knickers in a twist and asking us to call it by its proper name? Guys delusional. 

And you're an illiterate ignoramus. :) 

11 hours ago, Parklife said:

Yeah, we should hold in high regard the opinion of someone who doesn't even know the name of the competition that he's slagging off.... ?

No idea what the top league's in Ireland, Wales or Australia are called but I can confidently say they are pish ;)

4 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

No idea what the top league's in Ireland, Wales or Australia are called but I can confidently say they are pish ;)

You won't expect to be taken seriously in a discussion about something you know feck all about. Like in your case, football. 

6 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Ah the old "you know nothing about football" claim. Belter!

To be fair, you've demonstrated on here time and again that you don't... You're an expert in parentage/ grand-parentage of pishy players in England though, so kudos for that. 

Anyway, what we were actually discussing was that it's difficult to take someone's opinion on a subject seriously, when they've already demonstrated that they lack basic knowledge about the subject. :)