Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 47 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Johnnyshaker said:

What? He played the whole game.

He was fine for about 70 mins, made a couple of mistakes with about 20 minutes to go which seemed to knock his confidence a bit. Lost Ince completely for his missed sitter but then was backs to the wall with the rest of the team.

Johnny Russell was poor, didn't get anything out of Yedlin and was subbed off in the second half.

My mistake then. I use the flash scores app for my coupon and it gives you all the stats etc for games. Said on there that Hanley was subbed for Perez after 49 minutes. Apologies 

4 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Club football in the English Championship is about creating chances by getting the ball into the box. He's good at that, but he can't keep possession effectively and he can't play on the counterattack. No good for us.

Didn't look out of place in the Premiership last year either. Think you are wrong about his ability to keep possession and are basing that on his Scotland appearances.

Iv'e put a line through every thing every player has done since Strachan lost his sanity!

6 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Didn't look out of place in the Premiership last year either. Think you are wrong about his ability to keep possession and are basing that on his Scotland appearances.

Iv'e put a line through every thing every player has done since Strachan lost his sanity!

I am indeed basing it on Scotland appearances. i'm just tired of having plodders in the team. We need serious speed to give the opposition something to think about. I can accept Ritchie in the absence of Snodgrass but we can't have both on the pitch.

38 minutes ago, GordyA88 said:

My mistake then. I use the flash scores app for my coupon and it gives you all the stats etc for games. Said on there that Hanley was subbed for Perez after 49 minutes. Apologies 

I've just looked at the stats from the game to refresh my memory. It was Hayden that came off, the app probably mixed them up. 

?

On 2/4/2017 at 9:51 PM, Bino's said:

parklife, your mantra is to pointlessly wind up other folk that are on here

regardless of what they actually have to say or do

Aberdeen are shit and Ryan jack will never get 1, let alone 50 caps. Accept it......!

Did you have a good day at the public house on Saturday, Bino? :) 

3 minutes ago, Bino's said:

yeah, I seem to have ironically come on here specifically to wind you up about you coming on here to wind people up :lol:

Winding up to the power of 2. It's like inception but winding up instead of dreams; where you've wound someone up about winding someone up to probably find you yourself are being wound up by someone else. Mind boggling stuff.

28 minutes ago, Bino's said:

yeah, I seem to have ironically come on here specifically to wind you up about you coming on here to wind people up :lol:

I don't actually try to wind folk up. I think i'm just a bit of a pain in the arse :lol: 

On 04/02/2017 at 9:30 AM, Bino's said:

aye but with Rhodes and forrestieri there anyway, not getting back in

Forestieri is better off the left for Wednesday, I'd be surprised if we didn't see a front two of Fletcher and Rhodes a fair few times before the end of the season. Fletch is suspended for the next game as well tho, afaik.

11 minutes ago, stocky said:

Ross MacCormack scores today  

Has anyone the stats fro his record, ? I think he might be one of  the Championships highest scorers.   ( not this year) I mean ever...

Anyone know?

According to this page from last year, he is top of the all time table for the Championship. Rhodes is near the top too.

http://www.footballfancast.com/championship/the-championships-all-time-top-scorers/11#gallery-slide

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

According to this page from last year, he is top of the all time table for the Championship. Rhodes is near the top too.

http://www.footballfancast.com/championship/the-championships-all-time-top-scorers/11#gallery-slide

he can't play on his own up front

that's why he's never even been tried in that position

it's completely irrelevant how many goals he's scored in his career

7 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

BBC live text on Friday night had Rhodes as the highest scorer of goals in English football since 2009. Obviously all (?) in the Championship, but still an amazing stat.

The reason he has not had more caps for us is obvious......he's no Healy or Robson-Kanu, and he cannae play up front on his own.

He's scored goals in League One (Huddersfield) and League Two (Rochdale & Brentford) as well.