Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 49 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Martin never made the pitch sunday

unused in a game where made three subs and lost

for me it Rhodes or a false nine like Snoddy in our upcoming games

cant make a case for anyone else

What will Strachan do, play a rusty and even worse Chris Martin probably

49 minutes ago, Bino's said:

Chris Martin never made the pitch sunday

unused in a game where made three subs and lost

for me it Rhodes or a false nine like Snoddy in our upcoming games

cant make a case for anyone else

What will Strachan do, play a rusty and even worse Chris Martin probably

Will be interesting to see what he does. He said recently that none of his strikers were really playing, the only one who has was Chris Martin. He's now not played in the last two games for Fulham while Rhodes has played all but 8 mins in his first 4 games for Wednesday and from a couple of the games I seen played a 'lone' striker role in a similar system to what Strachan uses.

Rhodes has been a lone striker for all of his last few clubs.

If we have to listen to anymore of the 'he can't do it' pish from Strachan and his idiotic backroom team then we know we can look forward to a much worse striker, Chris Martin, who incidentally also hasn't been playing let alone scoring, filling the number 9 jersey as per the rest of this shockingly poor campaign.

Good old fashioned 442 with Oliver Burke uptop with Jordan Rhodes and form players like Ryan Fraser giving us width would be fine to see in games we must go for broke to try and win.

3 hours ago, JECK said:

Havent been paying attention much recently to players in action but after reading a couple of pages it looks like we're in a terrible state as we've ever been going into the next game.

This.

Haven't really followed our players progress the same, have a general apathy caused by the fact that the manager is only there because the board are scared to sack him and our mathematical chance of qualification ending soon will be irrelevant because our real chance is gone already.

The upcoming matches feel pointless because he'll be away soon regardless and I'm worried the players see the reality and feel the same.

Maybe explains a lack of players pushing to get first team football to get back into the national set-up.

15 hours ago, JECK said:

Havent been paying attention much recently to players in action but after reading a couple of pages it looks like we're in a terrible state as we've ever been going into the next game.

Got to say I agree. We've got a decent keeper and the odd decent midfielder. Other than that we are looking pish poor. 

17 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Hanley on bench again for Newcastle, which is a far better place than was at the time of the last qualifiers. I'd start him and Mulgrew rather than two thirty somethings.

Depressing times when Grant Hanley being on the bench for a championship club is seen as a positive for the national team!

56 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I'm not sure i agree. Tierney, Robertson, Burke, Fraser, Armstrong, Brown, Phillips, Forrest, Snodgrass all reasons one way or another to have some optimism.

The problem is that what any team really needs is a couple of half decent central defenders/goalie and someone who might possibly get a goal.  We have a couple of decent keepers but are badly struggling in key areas of any team and have been for years with no obvious cause for optimisim on the horizon.

4 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

The problem is that what any team really needs is a couple of half decent central defenders/goalie and someone who might possibly get a goal.  We have a couple of decent keepers but are badly struggling in key areas of any team and have been for years with no obvious cause for optimisim on the horizon.

Yes, we're lacking in certain areas but we've suddenly got a lot more players in form in other areas than we had 6 months ago, so i don't think things are any worse than then.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Eh? Bench or not on bench, hes' still not playing. 

He has had 5 appearances this side of the England game. 3 of those were starts in Newcastle "reserve" sides in the FA Cup. He has 1 league start and 1 sub appearance in the league since the end of October. Nothing will change between now and Slovenia, he is 4th choice centre back at Newcastle and will have virtually no match sharpness come Slovenia. Its impossible for him to start IMO. Or at least it should be.... 

40 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

He has had 5 appearances this side of the England game. 3 of those were starts in Newcastle "reserve" sides in the FA Cup. He has 1 league start and 1 sub appearance in the league since the end of October. Nothing will change between now and Slovenia, he is 4th choice centre back at Newcastle and will have virtually no match sharpness come Slovenia. Its impossible for him to start IMO. Or at least it should be.... 

There is little to no alternative, 32 year old Berra or 31 year old Martin?