Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 52 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Dairbee said:

Didn't realise Stevie May was at Preston. On the bench at Pride Park, hopefully he will get a run out. 

Went to Preston and got injured... Just getting back to fitness now... 

On 07/03/2017 at 7:54 PM, Mark frae Crieff said:

Went to Preston and got injured... Just getting back to fitness now... 

Didn't get on. Anya unused sub, Russell still poor. 

Preston's number 14 was impressive. Apparently got a Scotish heritage, I think his name was McGeady..........

1 hour ago, kmcca5 said:

If Cairney don't get a call up there is something up with him not wanting to play for Scotland or the manager is fecking blind. 

He definitely wants to play. Sure I read Strachan commenting about him, more or less saying hell be in next squad. 

3 hours ago, Paulo2576 said:

He definitely wants to play. Sure I read Strachan commenting about him, more or less saying hell be in next squad. 

Cairney being in the next squad isn't a bad thing. The problem with Strachan is that he hasn't and refuses to evolve

11 hours ago, Bino's said:

Cairney being in the next squad isn't a bad thing. The problem with Strachan is that he hasn't and refuses to evolve

Newcastle reportedly interested in Cairney. £20m!!

i went to Villa Park yesterday.

Do not recall Rhodes winning a single header against Villa CB. One shot on goal saved.

Bannan saw a lot of ball but in too deep areas and nothing penetrative 

Ross Wallace nothing startling but Sheffield Wednesday were playing with 10 men in second half.

Fletcher came on late and had a few decent touches and shot on goal.

Hutton came on as sub early in game and played very well. Best Scotland - eligible player on park by far. Should have scored late on but put it wide. Many will not want to read it but on the evidence of this one game, he needs to play in our next games with Paterson out.

42 minutes ago, Jacques Hunt said:

Hutton came on as sub early in game and played very well. Best Scotland - eligible player on park by far. Should have scored late on but put it wide. Many will not want to read it but on the evidence of this one game, he needs to play in our next games with Paterson out.

Has he no retired from international football? 

43 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Has he no retired from international football? 

Aye he has said so. Like Scott Brown did. Cannot think of anyone better to replace Paterson till he is fit again. Hutton played well yesterday.

On 11/03/2017 at 7:33 PM, Johnnyshaker said:

First time I'd seen Cairney live today and I thought he was superb. My Portuguese mate couldn't believe he had no caps.

If Cairney was eligible for Wales, Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland he'd have had a few international caps by now.

But we're Scotland we have to do things the really fecking hard way .............. :mad:

10 hours ago, Jacques Hunt said:

Aye he has said so. Like Scott Brown did. Cannot think of anyone better to replace Paterson till he is fit again. Hutton played well yesterday.

Phil Bardsley should be in our squad but feck knows why Strachan doesn't rate him.

39 minutes ago, Bino's said:

some amazing goals here

There really are some amazing goals there!  The one against Wolves reminded me of Paul Scholes, a bit.

He certainly seems prepared to have a dig from outside the area; at the moment the only midfielder we have like that is Matt Ritchie, but Cairney is taller and less slow.

Unless there's something we don't know, I can't fathom why Cairney hasn't been part of a squad yet.  

On 12 March 2017 at 10:53 AM, Jacques Hunt said:

Newcastle reportedly interested in Cairney. £20m!!

i went to Villa Park yesterday.

Do not recall Rhodes winning a single header against Villa CB. One shot on goal saved.

Bannan saw a lot of ball but in too deep areas and nothing penetrative

Ross Wallace nothing startling but Sheffield Wednesday were playing with 10 men in second half.

Fletcher came on late and had a few decent touches and shot on goal.

I was at the game also. Thought Bannan played pretty well and if their early goal had not been offside, it would have been well deserved. Agreed Rhodes did not impact that much but is still keeping Fletcher on the subs bench. Hutton has been playing well for Villa this season and was possibly their best player last season also. Suspect through that he resigned from internationals in order to try and keep his place in the Villa team - Bruce actually played Hutton as right-midfield when he came on as sub. Wallace has been scoring recently and thought he plated quite well also but a lot of competition for midfield places.

18 minutes ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Watched Snodgrass today , West Ham v Leicester, thought he had a terrible game . Must be playing for a new team , looked totally lacking confidence . Rarely beat a man , crossing was pretty poor , tended to pass back or sideways . I wouldn't pick him for Scotland based on that showing .

Snodgrass is massively over-rated by some Scotland fans. We have much better options in his position. 

2 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Watched Snodgrass today , West Ham v Leicester, thought he had a terrible game . Must be playing for a new team , looked totally lacking confidence . Rarely beat a man , crossing was pretty poor , tended to pass back or sideways . I wouldn't pick him for Scotland based on that showing .

He was like that for Hull at the beginning of the season.  Hopefully it's him just settling in.