Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 55 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

10 hours ago, GordyA88 said:

Probably because he doesn't play for Killie or something.

He wouldn't get a game at centre half for us just now and we're not exactly blessed with decent centre halves. Ajer is 10 times the player Bates will ever be and Scott Boyd has played more SPL games than Bates ever will.

I thought he looked sh1te in U20s games and he looks way out his depth in the first team. Conor Sammon has scored a couple of goals for us this season, doesn't disguise the fact he's p1sh. Same way two clean sheets in spite of Bates doesn't mean he's good.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He wouldn't get a game at centre half for us just now and we're not exactly blessed with decent centre halves. Ajer is 10 times the player Bates will ever be and Scott Boyd has played more SPL games than Bates ever will.

I thought he looked sh1te in U20s games and he looks way out his depth in the first team. Conor Sammon has scored a couple of goals for us this season, doesn't disguise the fact he's p1sh. Same way two clean sheets in spite of Bates doesn't mean he's good.

Squirrel has spoken. Seems Bates should just retire. 10 times the player - Unure how you even gauge or quantify that :lol:

Guest BlueGaz
17 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I agree with most of what you say, but only based on 2 games, time will tell.  I don't agree with the part highlighted above though, I think that is actually funny.  :lol:

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He's only getting mentioned on here as he plays with Rangers anyway - same old.

There's a far better prospect at Firhill just now in the same position and he's barely had a mention on these forums.

Liam Lindsay? He was excellent against Celtic last week. Every cross into their box was dealt with by him. 

2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Squirrel has spoken. Seems Bates should just retire. 10 times the player - Unure how you even gauge or quantify that :lol:

it's a figure of speech, obviously you can't gauge it FakeScot, it's a matter of opinion.

Given that Bates can't get a game at age 20 ahead of the likes of Hill, Wilson and Keirnan then i'd say it's an opinion that was/is shared at Ibrox. 

2 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Liam Lindsay? He was excellent against Celtic last week. Every cross into their box was dealt with by him. 

Aye, he's been excellent any game i've seen. Looks a real leader and can play too. Exactly what Scotland are needing but because he doesn't play for a big club, guys like FakeScot who touts every diddy down south with a Scottish Granny on here for a Scotland cap, aren't interested in even discussing him for a call up.

No surprise that guys who actually support the domestic game by going to games have noticed him though. Would  be hard not too as he's impressed every game i've seen Thistle. 

11 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

it's a figure of speech, obviously you can't gauge it FakeScot, it's a matter of opinion.

Given that Bates can't get a game at age 20 ahead of the likes of Hill, Wilson and Keirnan then i'd say it's an opinion that was/is shared at Ibrox. 

When young Scottish players get opportunities at our biggest clubs; Celtic, Rangers & Aberdeen - It's fairly standard practice to assume they are promising and we hope they get more opportunities, which is all that has been said by several of us here.

Additionally Wilson has looked good under the new manager but I expect he's not a 10th of the player Ajer is either :lol:

Guest BlueGaz
12 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

When young Scottish players get opportunities at our biggest clubs; Celtic, Rangers & Aberdeen - It's fairly standard practice to assume they are promising and we hope they get more opportunities, which is all that has been said by several of us here.

Additionally Wilson has looked good under the new manager but I expect he's not a 10th of the player Ajer is either :lol:

Ajer never a player from what I have seen.  SQ seen more of him than I have though.  

56 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

So only players playing at the biggest clubs should be considered? Why aren't you touting Considine then who's played at a far higher level than Bates for a much longer period of time?

Wilson has proven time and time again he's not up to it, 3 or 4 decent games won't change that.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He's only getting mentioned on here as he plays with Rangers anyway - same old.

There's a far better prospect at Firhill just now in the same position and he's barely had a mention on these forums.

Lindsay has been mentioned loads. He looks excellent from what i've seen. I've seen it suggested he's not the quickest but haven't seen enough to tell. We need first and foremost good defenders, but if we can get ourselves an extra 10 yards or so up the park, so much the better i.e. I hope he's not slow.

9 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Lindsay has been mentioned loads. He looks excellent from what i've seen. I've seen it suggested he's not the quickest but haven't seen enough to tell. We need first and foremost good defenders, but if we can get ourselves an extra 10 yards or so up the park, so much the better i.e. I hope he's not slow.

He hasn't looked particularly slow when I've seen him but perhaps OLAS or somebody will be able to confirm.

I'd say he looks more like a Berra than a Hanley, thankfully.

37 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

So only players playing at the biggest clubs should be considered? Why aren't you touting Considine then who's played at a far higher level than Bates for a much longer period of time?

Wilson has proven time and time again he's not up to it, 3 or 4 decent games won't change that.

You are a moron and barely worth conversing with :lol:

Simply stated that young players who get a chance at the 3 biggest clubs they will obviously get interest and we will want to see how they develop as it's harder to get a game for those teams. It isn't rocket science.

Considine isn't young, he's 30.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He hasn't looked particularly slow when I've seen him but perhaps OLAS or somebody will be able to confirm.

I'd say he looks more like a Berra than a Hanley, thankfully.

That's revisionism: Berra was the equivalent of Hanley towards the end of the Levein era and that's why he was bombed out of the international scene for 3-4 years. Now we have Hanley being less than perfect suddenly everyone thinks Berra is some measured, clinical, Baresi-type defender. He's not - he's a clumsy big brute who can do a job but he's no better than Hanley.

8 hours ago, Rude Gullit said:

That's revisionism: Berra was the equivalent of Hanley towards the end of the Levein era and that's why he was bombed out of the international scene for 3-4 years. Now we have Hanley being less than perfect suddenly everyone thinks Berra is some measured, clinical, Baresi-type defender. He's not - he's a clumsy big brute who can do a job but he's no better than Hanley.

he's better than Hanley because he plays football every week

Hanley was just about bearable when he was match sharp

then became a bomb scare when a bench warmer

he needs to move, but won't

19 hours ago, Rude Gullit said:

Accuse others of revisionism and then completely fabricate an argument :lol: 

22 hours ago, Rude Gullit said:

Image result for what you talkin bout willis

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:39 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Three clean sheets on the bounce for Bates and Wilson. Much harder test to come this weekend indeed but promising stuff from them.

I think your statements are a bit harsh & also full of assumptions based on little to no facts.

Tom Cairney excellent again today for Fulham. Every time I've seen that lad play he looks superb.

Even in that abysmal friendly against Canada he was still head and shoulders about the rest (although I accept that wouldn't be difficult).

10 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Been very impressed with Callum McGregor this season. He can play a veriety of positions and would rather see him on the left than Matt Ritchie or probably even Robert Snodgrass on current form.

He's a decent player but I don't think he's quite good enough for the squad at the moment.