Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 60 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

On 5/15/2017 at 2:55 PM, Lion Rampant said:

If he doesn't get any game time against Southampton on Wednesday, he will definitely start v Palace at the weekend.

The reality is though that he is unlikely to be anywhere near the first team next season. Man Utd desperately need a "big" season next season and I can't see youngsters (apart from the currently established ones) forming part of that.

He may play some league cup games but that will be about that.

Suspect he will get shipped out on loan to someone like Wigan next season.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Kirk said:

And Bannan was outstanding tonight, don't remember him making a mistake, great passing and awareness in tight situations. 

Best player on that park. Good assist too, unlucky for Wednesday, would have fancied them in the final v Reading

4 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

That'll be Shinnie getting a call up because he scored against Rangers no doubt. 

Nah. We have to wait until he signs for Northampton or some other shite, no mark team down south. 

23 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Rhodes bottled taking a penalty last night.

Bizarre from somebody who doesn't do much else but score goals!

I think it was because it was against Huddersfield that he didn't want to take it. Sh!te excuse though!

46 minutes ago, kmcca5 said:

I think it was because it was against Huddersfield that he didn't want to take it. Sh!te excuse though!

Please tell me you just made that up?

Mixed feelings about the Rhodes thing. 

As the commentator said: it takes a different type of courage to admit you're not right to take a penalty. He cited forestieri and Rhodes as being two off form players who had missed their last pens (and Rhodes hasn't scored in ~15 games). Lo and behold forestieri takes one and misses.

BUT, surely it is a sign of that Rhodes is not the iron-willed, greedy type a goalscoring striker needs to be?

No real winner in the whole affair (apart from Huddersfield of course), and when you see some of the other Wednesday players who took pens - nervous, scrappy kicks from midfielders and defenders - you really have to think Rhodes should have had the balls to face his own doubts and inspire his teammates as their 'sharp-shooter' forward.

2 hours ago, Boynze said:

For Huddersfield in the league 1 play off (which they won) he was not one of the first five takers, ended up talking by the 7th i think, so he has form.

I was going to mention that game.  From what I remember the first five penalties on both side were terrible, I think it was something like 2-2 before it went to sudden death.  Then the next four players on each side - the ones who supposedly didn't fancy it - went up and scored. 

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Sadly, another game passing him by with no great contribution. Live ratings have him the lowest rated played for RBL and lower than a number of players in the Eintracht Frankfurt side.

were you at the game caller

20 minutes ago, Bino's said:

were you at the game caller

No I was not. Followed it live online with rolling live player ratings and player stats and however you want to paint it they don't make good reading for Burke. Lowest rated player in Red Bull side when subbed. No shots on target, 3 dribbles attempted and one successful,8 tackles and 2 successful, 2 crosses and 1 successful.

59 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No I was not. Followed it live online with rolling live player ratings and player stats and however you want to paint it they don't make good reading for Burke. Lowest rated player in Red Bull side when subbed. No shots on target, 3 dribbles attempted and one successful,8 tackles and 2 successful, 2 crosses and 1 successful.

so you weren't at the game then

Archer made vital saves in The English Div 1 play off final for Milwall. One of their better players so My mate that has a season tickets there tells me.