Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 61 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

As long as they don't decide to bring in a more experienced keeper, Jordan Archer will be playing Championship football next season with Millwall.

I take it your on the wind up there, only way he won't be playing for Millwall next year is if a better offer comes in and they cant afford to keep him

Edited by ceudmilefailte
cant spell

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No I wasn't. Stats don't lie nor does the fact he was subbed without even having a shot on goal with the lowest rating of any player in the team.

You seem a bit excited about the stats and the indications that he had a quiet match

31 minutes ago, Rude Gullit said:

You seem a bit excited about the stats and the indications that he had a quiet match

Not excited at all. It would be great if I could twist the facts and said he had a stormer but he didn't. Things are what they are. Clearly he needs time. Hopefully, next season will be different for him.

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I take it your on the wind up there, only way he won't be playing for Millwall next year is if a better offer comes in and they cant afford to keep him

Didn't say that he definitely would't play for them next season, it's in all likelihood that he will be starting in goal for them next season.

I'm just pointing out that clubs do sometimes drop promotion stalwarts for more experienced players they purchase. 

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Not excited at all. It would be great if I could twist the facts and said he had a stormer but he didn't. Things are what they are. Clearly he needs time. Hopefully, next season will be different for him.

Keep the stats coming, I for one take a lot from them. Just like consensus of the many it's far more relevant that one persons opinion and you can also probably take more from a game watching it on tv than "being at the game" 

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Keep the stats coming, I for one take a lot from them. Just like consensus of the many it's far more relevant that one persons opinion and you can also probably take more from a game watching it on tv than "being at the game" 

Good post. Caley Craig making a "Fitba manager" erse of himself here.

11 hours ago, Ormond said:

Good post. Caley Craig making a "Fitba manager" erse of himself here.

Ah fine. Just because I am not ass kissing a Scottish player's performance then I am making an erse of myself?

Leipzig manager evidently doing likewise then as he hooked Burke after just over an hour. And no bias on those that compile the stats either so I have no idea what people wanted me to post. Perhaps Burke played out of his skin and proved himself the new Gareth Bale - eh no. I tell it as it is. He is not ready at present.

3 goals for Scott Wright today. 

I can only imagine the media jizzfest if a Celtic or Rangers player scored a hat trick on their full debut... 

7 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I was impressed with him at the last finals with u17s. Quick and great ball control. Get him to Glasgow! 

He's in Glasgow. Just scored a hat trick there. Do keep up ;) 

20 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Born in Lancaster but has Scottish connections and has played for us at Under 19 level I think. He's declared for us anyway.

Thanks. 

47 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I was impressed with him at the last finals with u17s. Quick and great ball control. Get him to Glasgow! 

Yeah he looked great there. McInnes missed a few chances to give him more game time when Aberdeen had games wrapped up by half time in my opinion. Hopefully next season there's an opportunity for him with McGinn gone. Must be a fair chance tgere will be bids for Hayes too you'd think which would further help his cause 

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2017/Apr/who-is-scott-mctominay-inside-united-youth-focus.aspx

Despite being born in Lancaster, Scott has Scottish roots and that could be where his international future lies. He has already attended training camps with the country’s younger sides and revealed: “I’m probably more Scottish than I am English.” 

1 hour ago, Paulo2576 said:

Yeah he looked great there. McInnes missed a few chances to give him more game time when Aberdeen had games wrapped up by half time in my opinion. Hopefully next season there's an opportunity for him with McGinn gone. Must be a fair chance tgere will be bids for Hayes too you'd think which would further help his cause 

great, real test will be when mcginn leaves will McInnes decide to give slot to him so he can play week in

5 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Admittedly did not see the United vs Palace game but reaction online suggest McTominay played quite well.

He was OK, nothing special. Kept things pretty simple, but was outshone by the other two youngsters making their full debuts. 

Sadly I don't see him making it at United, he may make a few more appearances but that will be it.