Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cairney assist and I see Fulham have made him captain. Still won't get a Fu×king call up though and I'm buggerd if i know qhy. Also Whatever happened to Jack Grimmer? 

2 hours ago, kmcca5 said:

Cairney assist and I see Fulham have made him captain. Still won't get a Fu×king call up though and I'm buggerd if i know qhy. 

Plenty of better players in his position, that's qhy.

Last seasons 'players in action' thread was the most depressing yet. It was mainly,  "Some journeyman ex wonder kid that'll probably never be no where near good enough scores v Peterborough" or something similar. Updated every 2 to 3 weeks or something. I see this seasons looks ominously sh*t already.

No matter if you love or hate Ritchie you can't say anything about his work rate. Ran his socks of last night. Thought Hanley had a decent game nothing special but don't remember any bomb scares. Cairney looked good and got motm. Not sure about Matt smith. Seems in the mold of Chris Martin. Uses his physical presence to get goals rather than skill although he took his goal well last night placing rather than power

10 hours ago, JECK said:

Last seasons 'players in action' thread was the most depressing yet. It was mainly,  "Some journeyman ex wonder kid that'll probably never be no where near good enough scores v Peterborough" or something similar. Updated every 2 to 3 weeks or something. I see this seasons looks ominously sh*t already.

25 year old Scot who Captains Fulham gets an assist and MOTM might be good might not be but still better than all last years journeymen.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

12 hours ago, JECK said:

even with the inflated market, I don't think players valued or bought at between 5m and 12m can be assessed as journeymen. you might want to re-visit your assessment - you might not find Pogma type valued player at Man Utd but a Newcastle player is a realistic level for us and more importantly, if played correctly, should enable us to qualify. 

5 hours ago, Paulo2576 said:

Good to see Lewis MacLeod straight into the Brentford starting 11. Hope he can fulfil his potential.

At last ! Good luck to him.

6 hours ago, bossman4 said:

Naismith scores for Norwich and Olly Burke scores for Forrest

I've got a good feeling about Burke. Should keep him in the senior squad. Spragia would only waste him in the Under 21s.

28 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

At last ! Good luck to him.

I've got a good feeling about Burke. Should keep him in the senior squad. Spragia would only waste him in the Under 21s.

Agree, he's the one of the younger lads whos been introduced this year who I think will make a real impact in this campaign. Cant ever remember us havin a type like him for a long time big, poweful, quick and good on the ball.

53 minutes ago, RabtheBruce said:

I think he played at left back today, but it seems that he's a centre half who can play left back. He's only 18, but hopefully can keep progressing and hold down a CB slot at Forest this season.

It would be friggin brilliant to finally get a new central defender available. If he can become at least a semi-regular for Forest in that position, he'll have to be in consideration for the senior squad, we really are that desperate for players in that position !

Forest too, have a great record at giving young players a chance and developing them, one of the best clubs in England for youth development. Burke and Iacovitti should be in good hands. There's also another Scots kid there just now called Jordan Gabriel, a defender. 

Edited by ErsatzThistle

8 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Who?

Centre/ Right midfield, in no particular order.

Scott Brown, Darren Fletcher, James Morrison, Shaun Maloney, James McArthur, Matt Ritchie, Robert Snodgrass, Graeme Dorrans, Barry Bannan.   

On 5 August 2016 at 9:01 PM, kmcca5 said:

Cairney assist and I see Fulham have made him captain. Still won't get a Fu×king call up though and I'm buggerd if i know qhy. Also Whatever happened to Jack Grimmer? 

Because he's an average footballer in an average team.  I've nothing against the lad but I've seen him at Craven Cottage.

The Championship is not a good league.  Competitive, absolutely. Technical?  Nope.

4 hours ago, aaid said:

Centre/ Right midfield, in no particular order.

Scott Brown, Darren Fletcher, James Morrison, Shaun Maloney, James McArthur, Matt Ritchie, Robert Snodgrass, Graeme Dorrans, Barry Bannan.   

You forgot Paul Lambert and John Collins, apart from Ritchie and Snodgrass the rest are either too old or not good enough. He is younger than all of them and coming into the best years for a midfielder.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

You forgot Paul Lambert and John Collins, apart from Ritchie and Snodgrass the rest are either too old or not good enough. He is younger than all of them and coming into the best years for a midfielder.

The original comment was about "why he'd never been selected" it not "why he's not being selected now", that's why I've included players like Maloney particularly.  For me Maloney's time should be over but 2-3 years ago he was probably one of our most productive players.  So fair enough, I'll drop Maloney and Dorrans out of that list but I'll add in John McGinn and Barry McKay as younger more promising players.

Anyway, the fact that you prefer Cairney over Morrison, Brown, Fletcher and McArthur clearly shows you don't have a clue what you are talking about.