AS Roma Tickets - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

AS Roma Tickets

I'm in Rome on the 20th August and i'm looking to go to the first game of the season (at the Olimpico vs Udinese), however the tickets for this are still not on sale on the AS Roma website. Anyone know how far in advance they normally put tickets up for sale? I could buy them off Viagogo or something but would rather do it direct through the club. Anyone been before and able to advise? 

4 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Thanks. Was hoping to buy online in advance as i won't arrive in Rome until 2:30ish on the game day, with a 6pm KO time. So i was hoping to avoid having to wander about and find a club shop etc. 

Tickets bought for the Curva Sud for the Champions League games vs Porto on the 23rd August. 

Tickets can be bought online through www.listicket.com although you need to do quite a bit of research in order to find that out... 

42 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Tickets bought for the Curva Sud for the Champions League games vs Porto on the 23rd August. 

Tickets can be bought online through www.listicket.com although you need to do quite a bit of research in order to find that out... 

I got tickets for Bologna game last season via Listickets. Easy self-print option.

As no doubt has been said before on threads like this - take your passport/some form of ID when going to the game, you will need it alongside your ticket.

You will probably find that the Curva Sud is more than safe nowadays. Roma Ultras boycotted it/home games last season due to the authorities splitting the Curva in two by placing a massive divisive fence down the middle of it, apparently for safety reasons. I doubt they will be back this season as its still there. Mauro (from NoITA) told me last night that the authorities have now went a step further and everyone has to be finger printed upon entering the stadium starting from the Udinese game. A lot of home games last season were quite empty due to this.

8 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I got tickets for Bologna game last season via Listickets. Easy self-print option.

As no doubt has been said before on threads like this - take your passport/some form of ID when going to the game, you will need it alongside your ticket.

You will probably find that the Curva Sud is more than safe nowadays. Roma Ultras boycotted it/home games last season due to the authorities splitting the Curva in two by placing a massive divisive fence down the middle of it, apparently for safety reasons. I doubt they will be back this season as its still there. Mauro (from NoITA) told me last night that the authorities have now went a step further and everyone has to be finger printed upon entering the stadium starting from the Udinese game. A lot of home games last season were quite empty due to this.

Good info, thanks :ok: 

Was a bit apprehensive about taking my girlfriend to the curva sud but it should be fine. I knew about the fence and the boycott last season, didn't know if the situation was still the same for this coming season or not. 

Looking forward to going to the Olimpico. Hopefully the first leg scoreline leaves the tie in the balance! 

31 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Good info, thanks :ok: 

Was a bit apprehensive about taking my girlfriend to the curva sud but it should be fine. I knew about the fence and the boycott last season, didn't know if the situation was still the same for this coming season or not. 

Looking forward to going to the Olimpico. Hopefully the first leg scoreline leaves the tie in the balance! 

I think both Curva's are big enough in OIimpico that even if the Ultras were still in them then you could still be in there on the periphery without any issues. They mainly gathered in the front central part which has now been divided. 

IMO I think the finger printing will only increase their determination to keep the boycott going. Its a pity as Olimpico in full voice is something special from what I have seen.

Yep, definitely take your ID. Over the last couple of years I have been to Hellas v Inter, Milan v Parma, Vicenza v Spezia and Bologna v Genoa. Bought tickets to the middle two games on the day and even then still required to show my ID to get them, even at Serie B Vicenza game from a wee portakabin ticket office. 

22 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I think both Curva's are big enough in OIimpico that even if the Ultras were still in them then you could still be in there on the periphery without any issues. They mainly gathered in the front central part which has now been divided. 

IMO I think the finger printing will only increase their determination to keep the boycott going. Its a pity as Olimpico in full voice is something special from what I have seen.

Yep, definitely take your ID. Over the last couple of years I have been to Hellas v Inter, Milan v Parma, Vicenza v Spezia and Bologna v Genoa. Bought tickets to the middle two games on the day and even then still required to show my ID to get them, even at Serie B Vicenza game from a wee portakabin ticket office. 

The Curva Sud is sold out (according to the online sales site) for the Udinese game and is showing "low" availability for the Porto game. I guess it's possible that they only sell a proportion of the tickets online, rather than them all being available though. We're near the edge and the back of the Curva, so that should work well. 

Finger printing seems pretty extreme, treating people like criminals when they've not done anything wrong. I had read about the ID thing and i had to give names and D.O.B's when i bought the tickets, so will be sure we take our driving licenses to the game with us, to ensure there are no issues with getting in. I've never been to a game in Italy, so really looking forward to it. A last minute winner by Totti, to put Roma through would be good too... 

When I was there in 2014, I emailed Roma direct and ended up getting a call from them and booking tickets over the phone.  

They sent the tickets to me by email and I just had to print them off.  We sat in Tribuna Trevere and were bang on the half way line - the atmosphere was cracking at it.

Mattia Destro scored a 40 yard wonder goal in a 2-0 win against Hellas Verona.

Bought mine at one of the shops when visiting 5 years ago. It was if we had a separate check; body search and passport check, than the locals on entry outside the ground.

We walked out to the ground from our hotel which wasn't too far from the Vatican.  Roma beat Udinese 3.1 that day.

Edited by StrawberryJam

Not Roma, but we went to the Lazio v Fiorentina game back in 2010 when we were over for the Scotland Rugby game. Had to go to the club shop the day before with id then pick up the tickets the next day.

As has been said, ID essential.

J