Ticket Exchange - Away end ticket for 2 Home end tickets - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket Exchange - Away end ticket for 2 Home end tickets

cK0i0i0i

I’m looking for 2 home end tickets (preferably seated together) in exchange for my away end ticket (plus cash - due to the cost difference) for the Malta Vs. Scotland game in September.

To cut a long story short… the missus wanted to go on a “beach” holiday around September this year as we went to Paris in June (which happened to coincide with the Euro’s :whistling:) which was more of a city break.

I suggested Malta which she seemed chuffed about so I booked it on my preferred dates. 2 weeks later she finds out Scotland are playing at the same time when we’re there and now she’s taking the hump that she won’t get to go to the match when I will be, as I’ve got a ticket for it from my membership :banghead:.

My ticket is in the away end and now just realised the Malta FA were selling home end tickets which have now already sold out? If there's still tickets in the home end, can someone provide details please so I can buy two and give my ticket back to the SFA to sell on? Sorry for my ignorance and lack of knowledge!

If anyone has bought home end tickets and now looking to sell them, I would happily swap my ticket in the away end (plus cash) for 2 home end tickets.

If anyone can help me out that would be appreciated before I get my balls ripped off!

(P.S. not sure what the script is of exchanging tickets for away games, so if anyone can enlighten me if this is against membership rules etc, please let me know and I can just let the missus know she's not going and prepare for a kickin').

Ta! :-))

4 hours ago, TartanSpice said:

I'm sure some people will get pissy about you flogging your away ticket, but ignore them. You're attending the match so you deserve your point. :ok:

Not gone throught the process myself, but you can likely still get Malta end tickets through the Malta FA: http://www.mfa.com.mt/en/products.htm

That's what I thought mate. I'm still attending the match so wasn't sure what the whole policy and rules were about exchanging tickets but if people are going to complain then it's probably not worth the risk.

4 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

A quick email to the SFA/SSC & your ticket will be cancelled & someone on the waiting list will get it & you get a refund. 

Not sure if that's a threat or not but as I've said above, wasn't sure on the whole policy so if it's going to cause problems, then it's probably not worth the hassle. Hate harvesters as much as anyone but thought my situation would be considered differently, since I'm still going to the game and helping somebody enjoy the atmosphere more than I would be in the home end.

Came to the conclusion it's not worth the risk if I'm going to be reported and potentially lose the one ticket I have for the match when I've already got flights and accommodation booked for the match.

Cheers for the advise lads. Hopefully get a decent victory and can enjoy the trip! Now to give the news to the missus and prepare for a beating! :hammer:

33 minutes ago, cK0i0i0i said:

That's what I thought mate. I'm still attending the match so wasn't sure what the whole policy and rules were about exchanging tickets but if people are going to complain then it's probably not worth the risk.

Not sure if that's a threat or not but as I've said above, wasn't sure on the whole policy so if it's going to cause problems, then it's probably not worth the hassle. Hate harvesters as much as anyone but thought my situation would be considered differently, since I'm still going to the game and helping somebody enjoy the atmosphere more than I would be in the home end.

Came to the conclusion it's not worth the risk if I'm going to be reported and potentially lose the one ticket I have for the match when I've already got flights and accommodation booked for the match.

Cheers for the advise lads. Hopefully get a decent victory and can enjoy the trip! Now to give the news to the missus and prepare for a beating! :hammer:

All you need to do is email them yourself.

44 minutes ago, cK0i0i0i said:

You do know that you can just buy 2 home end tickets and go to the match with your other half anyway...

Your SSC ticket/point doesn't impact that in the slightest. You're in Malta so take your ticket and the point you're entitled to. What you do with that ticket is then up to you. Yes, you might be down £9 for having bought 3 tickets altogether but it at least means you don't need to worry about losing your point, and you can enjoy the match with your missus. :ok:

4 minutes ago, TartanSpice said:

You do know that you can just buy 2 home end tickets and go to the match with your other half anyway...

Your SSC ticket/point doesn't impact that in the slightest. You're in Malta so take your ticket and the point you're entitled to. What you do with that ticket is then up to you. Yes, you might be down £9 for having bought 3 tickets altogether but it at least means you don't need to worry about losing your point, and you can enjoy the match with your missus. :ok:

Thanks for the advice overall mate, you've been a great help! :ok:

Edited by cK0i0i0i
grammar

18 hours ago, cK0i0i0i said:

I’m looking for 2 home end tickets (preferably seated together) in exchange for my away end ticket (plus cash - due to the cost difference) for the Malta Vs. Scotland game in September.

To cut a long story short… the missus wanted to go on a “beach” holiday around September this year as we went to Paris in June (which happened to coincide with the Euro’s :whistling:) which was more of a city break.

I suggested Malta which she seemed chuffed about so I booked it on my preferred dates. 2 weeks later she finds out Scotland are playing at the same time when we’re there and now she’s taking the hump that she won’t get to go to the match when I will be, as I’ve got a ticket for it from my membership :banghead:.

My ticket is in the away end and now just realised the Malta FA were selling home end tickets which have now already sold out? If there's still tickets in the home end, can someone provide details please so I can buy two and give my ticket back to the SFA to sell on? Sorry for my ignorance and lack of knowledge!

If anyone has bought home end tickets and now looking to sell them, I would happily swap my ticket in the away end (plus cash) for 2 home end tickets.

If anyone can help me out that would be appreciated before I get my balls ripped off!

(P.S. not sure what the script is of exchanging tickets for away games, so if anyone can enlighten me if this is against membership rules etc, please let me know and I can just let the missus know she's not going and prepare for a kickin').

Ta! :-))

Buy 2x home end tickets at €15 each.

Go to Maltese pub night before the game, hold spare ticket in air, exchange for cash (+ drink).

You are welcome.

4 hours ago, deecie said:

Buy 2x home end tickets at €15 each.

Go to Maltese pub night before the game, hold spare ticket in air, exchange for cash (+ drink).

You are welcome.

This.

You are in Malta, and will be at the game. It's your business what you do with your official away end ticket.

What would the SSC pull you up on anyway? It's not like you couldn't pick up anyway.

My Dad Injured himself abroad at a game and couldn't attend (he was on crutches). I sold his ticket to a grateful Scotland fan. No danger I was giving it back to the SSC.

Is he a harvester? Did I/he do wrong?

J