Berlin City Tours - Page 2 - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Berlin City Tours

Fairbairn

On 8/11/2016 at 1:35 PM, Fairbairn said:

I asked if a paper copy of a licence would be accepted as opposed to just a photocard and she said yes!!  I may have found a way round this particular predicament......:ph34r:

No such things exist now. 

On 8/20/2016 at 9:50 AM, Newryrep said:

Do the fat tyre bike tour  does most of the big sites

berlin is flat as well which is handy if you have the fitness level of a lazy  

I know it was probably the swear filter blanking out a word but it looks like you couldn't be bothered finishing that last sentence which is quite apt! :lol:

44 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I have a mates old paper copy.  I know they are no longer used over here and I'm fully expecting them to refuse it but I'll play dumb and see how it goes.

No you don't. It doesn't exist. Parklife said so.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 3:06 PM, Fairbairn said:

I know it was probably the swear filter blanking out a word but it looks like you couldn't be bothered finishing that last sentence which is quite apt! :lol:

it was indeed, more used to ybig where most things within reason go

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I know it's usually torture for groups of guys from the UK to get in to clubs but.....is anyone able to recommend clubs or late night bars that'll be more likely to let a group of guys in? Or failing that late night bars that are a bit more lively? 

Cheers

On 1/30/2017 at 5:04 PM, Parklife said:

I know it's usually torture for groups of guys from the UK to get in to clubs but.....is anyone able to recommend clubs or late night bars that'll be more likely to let a group of guys in? Or failing that late night bars that are a bit more lively? 

Cheers

I didn't go but a group of the boys went to the Watershed club and got in no bother and said it was quite good (if you like thumping Techno!!).

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I didn't go but a group of the boys went to the Watershed club and got in no bother and said it was quite good (if you like thumping Techno!!).

Cheers. Will take a look. :ok: 

I would also recommend Silberfisch on Oranienburgerstrasse. Open till at least 5 am it is on the backpackers pub crawl route so if you fancy your chances with an American student off her face on half a litre of German beer with slogans written by her mates all over her t-shirt its a good shout.

Very friendly bar staff who I am sure could give you some recommendations.

Also there is a knocking shop next door should the patter fail on the septic :-)

17 hours ago, joecraigfanclub said:

I would also recommend Silberfisch on Oranienburgerstrasse. Open till at least 5 am it is on the backpackers pub crawl route so if you fancy your chances with an American student off her face on half a litre of German beer with slogans written by her mates all over her t-shirt its a good shout.

Very friendly bar staff who I am sure could give you some recommendations.

Also there is a knocking shop next door should the patter fail on the septic :-)

:lol: 

Thank you very much. I shall recommend this very venue! Not for me you'll understand but i'm sure some of the other guys on the stag may be interested in pulling a young female ;) 

When are you going?  One of the things I would highly recommend is the Mauer Park karaoke if it's on when you're there.  I'm not a karaoke fan by any means but we stumbled across it by accident while wandering round the park on a Sunday afternoon.  It's basically in a part of the park that's like a seated amphitheater with a concrete stage in the middle and they set up these weird looking speakers and all sorts of people get up and bash out a tune.  I'd say about 95% of them tend to be pretty decent but the the atmosphere at it was amazing.  It was a scorching hot day, there are wee guys zipping about selling ice cold beers for 2 euros and it's fantastic for people watching.  If someone had told me to go to an outdoor karaoke before I went I'd have chased them but it was one of the highlights of my trip and one of the most enjoyable things I've done in a while!!

http://www.bearpitkaraoke.com/

There's also a market on at the park as well with loads of street food etc so plenty of other things to keep you occupied and if the weather is decent it's a cracking way to spend a hungover Sunday afternoon!!

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

When are you going?  One of the things I would highly recommend is the Mauer Park karaoke if it's on when you're there.  I'm not a karaoke fan by any means but we stumbled across it by accident while wandering round the park on a Sunday afternoon.  It's basically in a part of the park that's like a seated amphitheater with a concrete stage in the middle and they set up these weird looking speakers and all sorts of people get up and bash out a tune.  I'd say about 95% of them tend to be pretty decent but the the atmosphere at it was amazing.  It was a scorching hot day, there are wee guys zipping about selling ice cold beers for 2 euros and it's fantastic for people watching.  If someone had told me to go to an outdoor karaoke before I went I'd have chased them but it was one of the highlights of my trip and one of the most enjoyable things I've done in a while!!

http://www.bearpitkaraoke.com/

There's also a market on at the park as well with loads of street food etc so plenty of other things to keep you occupied and if the weather is decent it's a cracking way to spend a hungover Sunday afternoon!!

We're going a week today so it's going to be absolutely freezing! Which would put a kibosh on that. 

Will be going back in the summer with the bird though, so will bear that in mind for then. Cheers :ok: