Cotter to be replaced by Townsend - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cotter to be replaced by Townsend

thewolf_1980

Yeah - a bit odd. Maybe that's what he thinks and the SRU think different, or maybe he wanted to do something with the Lions/ wouldn't sign an extension to 2019 and we told him to get pumped. Or maybe it's just a decision that they want to hold on to Toonie and see him as a better long term bet.

Maybe, maybe. Who knows? Will be interesting to hear why...

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, wellyman said:

Would be nice to see the national football team have the same commitment - with that type of performance it will be an interesting 6 nations.

That's the problem though - over the last ten years eve been capable of great one off performances, beating Australia and South Africa, but putting a run of three or four good performances together has been beyond us. Finding the consistency is the problem.

4 hours ago, biffer said:

That's the problem though - over the last ten years eve been capable of great one off performances, beating Australia and South Africa, but putting a run of three or four good performances together has been beyond us. Finding the consistency is the problem.

All change now, this is a different group and managed and coached in a different way - can see us at least second in the 6 Nations

2 hours ago, wellyman said:

All change now, this is a different group and managed and coached in a different way - can see us at least second in the 6 Nations

I know we have the best group of players for some time, but it's the challenge of lining up several games in a row that we've got to master. I believe we can, but one game doesn't convince me it's happening - neither would three good November performances as we've had that before and then ended up being gubbed in the 6nations.

Scotland were excellent yesterday - until the last ten. Gutted about result, but pleased with how we played, given the injuries we had in key positions, particularly the front and back rows.Will be good to see Tommy Seymour back and I'd also like to see what Cornell du Preez can do, even if he has been a little inconsistent for Enbra (who hasn't?).

I think 3 wins in the six nations isn't unrealistic. Wales are on a downer and we're better now than when we ran them close for 60 minutes last time out in Cardiff. Italy are beatable at Murrayfield and I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility to win in France. Ireland/ England will be tough tho.

Pretty much why Cottar is going is it not? There's been a massive improvement under his management especially in World Cup and other tests, but he hasnt been able to take that form into 6 nations and fundamentally, that's the Scotland coach's bread and butter. We've consistently been unable to make any kind of dent in the matches that really matter. It's a shame because it's night and day compared to what we were like before he was appointed. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Good win today.

Wwll, good result anyway. Didn't think much of Laidlaw and Russell today. Need to practice drop goals and not telegraphing them.

Russell was poor but I thought Laidlaw was very good.

At least we got as far as taking the drop goal attempt. That's an improvement on last week. 

Hard won yesterday, not pretty to watch. But an important game to win - we would have lost that nine times out of ten a few years back. 

An important win, but all a bit flat after the performance last week. An ugly game that we were maybe a bit fortunate to win. I thought we looked a bit toothless in attack, and Russell didn't have one of his better games. Laidlaw's service wasn't great from what I could see from the back of the North Stand, his passing has never been slick but it seemed more laboured than ever yesterday.  Barclay and Gray again the pick of the forwards.

Edited by Pool Q