Joe Hart - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

He's reported to be linked with half the clubs in Europe because he missed a couple of games. Personally I think he's a half decent keeper, certainly not world class though.

What's the chances of him moving this window or getting back in the city team? Perhaps he may be binned from England too, not sure if that's a good thing or not!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

He's reported to be linked with half the clubs in Europe because he missed a couple of games. Personally I think he's a half decent keeper, certainly not world class though.

What's the chances of him moving this window or getting back in the city team? Perhaps he may be binned from England too, not sure if that's a good thing or not!

I think he's definitely on his way out at City - probably on loan this window. I'm a bit disappointed with it tbh because he has done very well for City over the last few yeras, yes he's made a few mistakes, but he's also saved us a lot of times & has won the golden glove on a few occasions.  I thought he would do well under Guardiola, but his mistakes in the Euros & then losing a goal he should have saved in his first pre-season appearance seem to have done for him.

Rumour is that Jack Butland is being lined up as the long term replacement. 

2 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

I think he's definitely on his way out at City - probably on loan this window. I'm a bit disappointed with it tbh because he has done very well for City over the last few yeras, yes he's made a few mistakes, but he's also saved us a lot of times & has won the golden glove on a few occasions.  I thought he would do well under Guardiola, but his mistakes in the Euros & then losing a goal he should have saved in his first pre-season appearance seem to have done for him.

Was being debated on Sky Sports last night and someone commented that its down to his "feet work" that Guardiola is not impressed with him?

Just now, wanderer said:

Was being debated on Sky Sports last night and someone commented that its down to his "feet work" that Guardiola is not impressed with him?

His distribution is woeful - he'll be lucky if 30-40% of his long clearances find a City player.  Looking at the game last night, City are going to be playing out from the back a lot & he always seemed capable in that situation to me.

17 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Rumour is that Jack Butland is being lined up as the long term replacement. 

A loan move to a premier league team is most likely,if not the easiest option. Like to see him show some balls and go abroad. Hes had a few howlers through out his career but seems to have hit his worst form at the wrong time.

Butland is a class keeper imo, he should have been given a decent chance at international level long before now.

Edited by Mazziessc

8 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

His distribution is woeful - he'll be lucky if 30-40% of his long clearances find a City player.  Looking at the game last night, City are going to be playing out from the back a lot & he always seemed capable in that situation to me.

Suppose when Guardiola has had Neuer as his first choice keeper for so many years, the expectations of what his goal keepers can do is going to be a bit sky high to start with.

1 hour ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Culpable ?

5 hours ago, Glasgowmancity said:

I read the day this his "pass completion" is something like 38%. Neuer was 85%.

Papers today reporting a £17m deal been agreed for Claudio Bravo of Barca but that would be a strange one as they are supposedly emptying Ter-Stegen not Bravo.

I think Hart is a decent keeper I think Forster is up there on par with him now. He has had some howlers over last few years and I think he always got the nod at international level because he plays for a "big team". Seems to be an ongoing English problem, players like Wilshere going to Euro's instead of Drinkwater who had fantastic season, Wilshere plays for Arsenal so.....

56 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

What, in your opinion, makes him a c*nt?

He just seems to be quite an unpleasant arrogant arsehole. Remember him shouting at ball boys, berating players for mistakes, only to throw the ball in the net himself quite often, if he was chocolate, he would eat himself. Not a fan at all, although that is probably obvious.

11 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I read the day this his "pass completion" is something like 38%. Neuer was 85%.

Papers today reporting a £17m deal been agreed for Claudio Bravo of Barca but that would be a strange one as they are supposedly emptying Ter-Stegen not Bravo.

I think Hart is a decent keeper I think Forster is up there on par with him now. He has had some howlers over last few years and I think he always got the nod at international level because he plays for a "big team". Seems to be an ongoing English problem, players like Wilshere going to Euro's instead of Drinkwater who had fantastic season, Wilshere plays for Arsenal so.....

Yeah, Bravo seems to be the one just now but it's stumbling over the fact Ter Stegen won't be fit for a few weeks.  I think he probably got the nod at International level because he had the shirt and, until the Euros, never made any mistakes that cost England so really never did enough to lose the shirt.

11 hours ago, kumnio said:

He just seems to be quite an unpleasant arrogant arsehole. Remember him shouting at ball boys, berating players for mistakes, only to throw the ball in the net himself quite often, if he was chocolate, he would eat himself. Not a fan at all, although that is probably obvious.

I remember him shouting at ball boys trying to get the ball back - not right but understandable in the heat of a game when trying to get a winner/equaliser.  As for berating players, I though all keepers did that & I don't think I've heard any player front up to their mistakes & take the blame as much as Hart has.

32 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Todays rumours have Barca going for Diego Alves of Valencia so maybe there is some basis in the Bravo story.

some great penalty stats

16 saves from 32 penalties in spannish league - Zubizeratta was 16 from 102 

18 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I didn't know he had dandruff? 

Aye he's a right flaky c**t  -  you can see that the PR people realise what a feck up Joe Hart was to advertise Head & Shoulders and they have now hired Neuer & Casillas to help him out .

Never understood the hype around Hart. Very ordinary keeper who doesn't command his box well and can't pass water. Surprised he's been kept so long by City.

Forster and Butland are far better in my opinion. 

The hype around joe hart, is that for a period he was the onlyEnglish goalkeeper, playing in a top team.  Mancini and pelligrini were not powerful enough in man city to drop him or sell him, therefore when pep came in and dropped him, the English media go mental.  Some of the stuff I have read, heard make him out to be the best goalie in the world, in reality his options are limited to mid table English clubs with a lot of spare to cash.