Joe Hart - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Never understood the hype around Hart. Very ordinary keeper who doesn't command his box well and can't pass water. Surprised he's been kept so long by City.

Forster and Butland are far better in my opinion. 

I think he's better than 'very ordinary' but not near world class, unfortunately the English press hyped him up, largely on the basis of being English.  I suspect Forster will be in goal against us as Butland is still injured.  Butland always comes across incredibly well when interviewed, head screwed on and level headed, better kepper and less ego than Joe

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

They wont shut up about him tonight, loving how upset they are about it all

I see the keeper I the bench was Brian Gunns son.

Might be one to watch.

(After all champions league experience will make him a better player :P )

1 hour ago, Mazziessc said:

Now signing for Torino on season long loan. No sure the size of club is right but defo the league. Done well to resit staying in premier league. Though no doubt be there next year.

good move for him, not nearly enough british players test themselves abroad

:lol: Lucky to get any move it looked like... but yeah it is a 'great' one now obviously and he is 'testing himself abroad' rather than scraping the bottom of the club barrel in a blind panic trying to get first team football after being blanked by Koeman et al in the 'best league in the world'. He is a thick overrated twat. 

I love watching them all on SSN scratching their heads in bewilderment about how all the top clubs in Europe haven't been falling over themselves to sign him. A decent keeper but nowhere near what the english media seem to think of him.

2 minutes ago, Jagtag said:

I love watching them all on SSN scratching their heads in bewilderment about how all the top clubs in Europe haven't been falling over themselves to sign him. A decent keeper but nowhere near what the english media seem to think of him.

Neville Southall (well, the guy who has eaten Neville Southall) made a good point this morning when he said that all the big teams in England already have a better keeper than Hart which is why he's had to move abroad.

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Neville Southall (well, the guy who has eaten Neville Southall) made a good point this morning when he said that all the big teams in England already have a better keeper than Hart which is why he's had to move abroad.

I was in the pub last season watching Liverpool with a group of mates and complaining about another Mignolet howler.  We went through every Premiership keeper and a few outside that we'd rather have in goal (about 30 keepers in all). There was only Hart and about 4 others that we all agreed were worse than Mignolet. Great shot stopper but not a great keeper.

"Suddenly my career has undergone a change, I interpreted it as a sign of destiny," he said.

"The move to Torino has come at the right time, in the right way.

"[Italian] goalkeeping is recognised throughout the world, so I am convinced I can learn a lot here at Torino."

Think he's been found out to an extent, or exposed as a bit of a fraud.

Not his own fault, but he's been hyped up way beyond his ability by the English media.

I think a less well known manager thanPep Guardiola would've been given a much harder time for having the audacity to see through Harts reputation. Probably took someone of his gravitas to do it.

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I think a less well known manager thanPep Guardiola would've been given a much harder time for having the audacity to see through Harts reputation. Probably took someone of his gravitas to do it.

mancini was looking to sign another keeper and pellegrini dropped him!

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Think he's been found out to an extent, or exposed as a bit of a fraud.

Not his own fault, but he's been hyped up way beyond his ability by the English media.

That's very true, he was a really good prospect when he first broke through when he was in his early 20s but he has been hyped up beyond his ability and I also reckon he's suffered through having very little competition at either club or international level.

I think though that Guardiola is the only manager that could get away with binning him as the English media are completely besotted with him.  He's the new Wenger as far as they are concerned.