Becoming a Plumber In Your 30s - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Becoming a Plumber In Your 30s

4 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Is it possible to train to become a plumber whilst in your thirties?

What are the best places to train and whats the cost and how long is the course and will it actually qualify you to get a plumbers job in a few years time

I know a guy of 40 who's just started a gas engineer course. 

20 minutes ago, fringo said:

Literally flushing it away.

You've got a list made, haven't you?   :lol:

Yes, why not.

I'm 33 and considering studying something like that. You're expected to work until 67, and who knows what age itll be bumped up to in a few years. So if you get in to a day before your 40th birthday - you're probably looking at 30 years of work.

Go for it!

4 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

He won't need that when in Canada, NZ, or OZ.

Chcesz powiedzieć, że powinien on być meksykańskich lub filipiński? Jestem trochę mylić, mogę znaleźć tego rodzaju pracy ręcznej poniżej mężczyzną mojego wywiadu.

Just now, deecie said:

Chcesz powiedzieć, że powinien on być meksykańskich lub filipiński? Jestem trochę mylić, mogę znaleźć tego rodzaju pracy ręcznej poniżej mężczyzną mojego wywiadu.

Það er spurning, maður. Ég er ekki viss þá um planið hjá fólksins sem að búa úti eða hérna á landinu. ÍSK er að lagast svo kannski í framtíðinú það væri allt að komast í ljós og þú veist það, er það ekki? Hverning gengur úpp í súmarbústað með Sigga og Jónni? Langaði til að hittast bráðum.

Kv.

Being a plumber means you'll go home each day smelling of shit,solder and probably turn into an alcoholic. 

Train to be a Sparkie instead,monies good,there's a danger to it and you get joiners to clean up after you as we're too elite to do that jobs. 

Good luck. 

10 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Það er spurning, maður. Ég er ekki viss þá um planið hjá fólksins sem að búa úti eða hérna á landinu. ÍSK er að lagast svo kannski í framtíðinú það væri allt að komast í ljós og þú veist það, er það ekki? Hverning gengur úpp í súmarbústað með Sigga og Jónni? Langaði til að hittast bráðum.

Kv.

Ertu að hitting á mig? Ef svo er, það er já.

Dc.

19 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Train to be a Sparkie instead,monies good,there's a danger to it and you get joiners to clean up after you as we're too elite to do that jobs. 

Good luck. 

How long does that take?

I've got a degree in EEE, and have considered it. Could I train for that in my spare time?

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

How long does that take?

I've got a degree in EEE, and have considered it. Could I train for that in my spare time?

Kurs trwa około roku, ale trwa przez całe życie do opanowania języka polskiego.

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Being a plumber means you'll go home each day smelling of shit,solder and probably turn into an alcoholic. 

Good luck. 

Id rather go home smelling off shite than listening to shite in my current job. Either something like this or go into the taxis. You've never heard of a poor taxi driver have you? 

5 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Id rather go home smelling off shite than listening to shite in my current job. Either something like this or go into the taxis. You've never heard of a poor taxi driver have you? 

not sure i have heard of a rich taxi driver either 

i went to University @ 28 1st time  - so never too late 

3 hours ago, fringo said:

Just drip feeding them.

:P:)

You're on fire. B)

12 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

A few years ago I'd have agreed re' taxi drivers but not now. Don't know any well off private hire drivers, just owners and not sure their money is 100% legitimately from taxi money only. Black hack drivers not moving to Bishopbriggs so much now so assume money is well down with them too. 

8 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Good luck. 

I take it English isn't a prerequisite? 

To become an Electrician, you require an NC, so am sure the Degree will cover that! You also need the Vocational side, which would likely be an Adult Apprenticeship as there is a work/log book you have to work through and cover certain criteria. My 1st year was full time at college and then remaining two were at my employer's site. Doubt you would be able to become qualified in spare time / part time.