Scott Brown - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scott Brown

er yir macaroon

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mitre said:

Not been at the races for a few years now with the national team. The worry is who can step up and fill the role.

McArthur would be the obvious one, his really chance to really hold down a place now rather than being in and out that he seems to be

2 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

McArthur would be the obvious one, his really chance to really hold down a place now rather than being in and out that he seems to be

I don't think he has quick enough feet, always looks like being caught on the ball. We'll probably know within the next 3 weeks if D. Fletcher is still up to it or not. He might be OK after a good pre-season, but he looked weak on the ball last year. 

2 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I don't think he has quick enough feet, always looks like being caught on the ball. We'll probably know within the next 3 weeks if D. Fletcher is still up to it or not. He might be OK after a good pre-season, but he looked weak on the ball last year. 

That was my concern, looked poor in the June games, but was hopefully putting that down to end of season couldn't be bothered.

The like of McGinn and McLeod should get a chance now

7 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

That was my concern, looked poor in the June games, but was hopefully putting that down to end of season couldn't be bothered.

The like of McGinn and McLeod should get a chance now

Suspect Strachan will promote McArthur to Browns spot (with probably Flecther or Morrison getting the captains armband, as they have been given it in the past..... though I think Grant Hanley is a good outside bet for that) with McGinn and Mcleod probably getting McArthurs spot of in and out the team.

To be honest though, this is not the major disaster it would have been 8-9 years ago, as it actually is the one spot we do have some major depth with (granted, bit thin on real quality)

33 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Who is McLeod?

Lewis MacLeod

3 Apps this season. Brentford have 4 goals.

He has 2 assists, and another Brentford goal was the result of a keepers save which rebounded to Scott Hogan a few yards out.

Manager has said the team is being built around him.

Edited by Debian

His replacement in midfield and as captain really relies on what Strachan sees Darren Fletcher as a starter or as an experienced backup.  If he thinks Fletcher is going to start and go through qualification then it's a no-brainer, he should be captain as well.   Strachan has been reluctant to start Fletcher even though he's proved his fitness - I think he played most if not all of WBA's games last season.   How much of that was a reluctance to drop Brown rather than a reluctance to start Fletcher we're just about to find out.

I'd definately start McArthur regardless as I think he's our best option as a defensive central midfielder.  I agree with Wanderer, I think Grant Hanley is a good shout as long term captain.  Guaranteed starter if fit and he seems to have captained every team he's played for so obviously has some leadership qualities 

Good news and makes means WGS does not have to drop captain. Been poor for a while but has had some very good games for us in past. Had great game against poor side the other night but McArthur now needs to take over. Hopefully McGinn can step up too. 

21 minutes ago, Debian said:

Lewis MacLeod

3 Apps this season. Brentford have 4 goals.

He has 2 assists, and another Brentford goal was the result of a keepers save which rebounded to Scott Hogan a few yards out.

Manager has said the team is being built around him.

Forgot all about him!

All the best Broonie, think this is the best move for him to retire now to prolong his club career, hasn't done as great for Scotland in last couple years as he did early on.  Plenty folk waiting to come in.

57 minutes ago, wanderer said:

To be honest though, this is not the major disaster it would have been 8-9 years ago, as it actually is the one spot we do have some major depth with (granted, bit thin on real quality)

completely thin on quality. piss poor tbh. attacking midfielders we are not bad but the idea of seeing darren fletcher in center mid all this campaign fills me with dread.