The big cup - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The big cup

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, neilly71 said:

We are talking about the here and now. The fact that catholicism has existed longer than protestantism is neither here nor there ffs, why would that make the average catholic any more prone to be anti semetic than the average protestant?

Of course it is man

The catholic church is the biggest Christian sect, arguably the most religious, and has had the biggest and longest influence in public life

http://www.heretication.info/_jews.html

19 minutes ago, neilly71 said:

correct, and the boss was king of the jews.

Think he was being sarcastic regarding the nonsense of it all

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Of course it is man

The catholic church is the biggest Christian sect, arguably the most religious, and has had the biggest and longest influence in public life

http://www.heretication.info/_jews.html

Think he was being sarcastic regarding the nonsense of it all

The most religious? Another mental statement. You think that would somehow have any influence on some wee guy from Glasgow on what he thinks about the Jewish religion? All I asked for was an explanation, all I got was people telling me how long the Catholic Church has been going for as if that somehow justifies Ormonds nonsense assumption that there exists in Glaswegian Catholics some kind of inbuilt anti semitism.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

No one cares apart from you. The club will pay a fine and we've highlighted something very important. Fukk uefa.

Highlighted? Do you seriously think anyone who saw the flags at Parkhead paid them any attention other then UEFA? 

Nobody gives a toss what banner or flag the GB fly other than to check their spelling. Nothing was highlighted and now Celtic will be fined, again. 

Can't be long now until there are more serious consequences for the club. How happy would the GB be then?

4 minutes ago, neilly71 said:

The most religious? Another mental statement. You think that would somehow have any influence on some wee guy from Glasgow on what he thinks about the Jewish religion? All I asked for was an explanation, all I got was people telling me how long the Catholic Church has been going for as if that somehow justifies Ormonds nonsense assumption that there exists in Glaswegian Catholics some kind of inbuilt anti semitism.

Where did I say Glaswegian Catholics? I stated bigoted neds. It has nowt to do with any particular area. You make tripe up as you go along.

16 minutes ago, neilly71 said:

The most religious? Another mental statement.

Roman Catholicism represents the continuation of the historical organized church as it developed in Western Europe, and is headed by the Pope. Distinctive beliefs of Catholics include the doctrines of Transubstantiation and Purgatory, and distinctive practices include devotion to the saints and Mary and use of the rosary.

Protestantism arose in the 16th century during the Reformation, which took place mainly in Germany, Switzerland, and Britain. Protestants do not acknowledge the authority of the Pope, reject many traditions and beliefs of the Catholic Church

2 hours ago, neilly71 said:

We are talking about the here and now. The fact that catholicism has existed longer than protestantism is neither here nor there ffs, why would that make the average catholic any more prone to be anti semetic than the average protestant?

Framing it as probability of being anti-semitic is a weird context. A position which hasn't been put forward by me.

I feel a lot of things being conflated.

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

Where did I say Glaswegian Catholics? I stated bigoted neds. It has nowt to do with any particular area. You make tripe up as you go along.

Ah, bigoted neds playing a non existent Catholic/Jewish card. Are you saying you're not talking about Catholics? I haven't conducted a survey but I'd be willing to bet the majority of the GB are from Glasgow. However, as usual with you, rather than trying to back up the pish statements you make you try to take the argument off on a tangeant. You obviously have no intention of explaining what this Catholic/Jewish card thing is. I've wasted more than enough time bandying words with you Ormond.

52 minutes ago, phart said:

Framing it as probability of being anti-semitic is a weird context. A position which hasn't been put forward by me.

It was Ormond that has put that theory forward, I don't understand it either, hence the argument.

48 minutes ago, phart said:

Aye

On reading back i should make clear that those that took part (or the vast majority) in the demonstration didnt do it because of any 2000 year disagreements between Catholics/Christians and Jews IMO

I was kinda trying to explain the Catholic/Jew history thing which Ormond referred to

Just now, neilly71 said:

Ah, bigoted neds playing a non existent Catholic/Jewish card. Are you saying you're not talking about Catholics? I haven't conducted a survey but I'd be willing to bet the majority of the GB are from Glasgow. However, as usual with you, rather than trying to back up the pish statements you make you try to take the argument off on a tangeant. You obviously have no intention of explaining what this Catholic/Jewish card thing is. I've wasted more than enough time bandying words with you Ormond.

You are an absolute clown. You really are. You take what you want, add in words then claim nobody can back up what they clearly have not said. Aye, you are right you've wasted far too many words. Go away ya daft wee laddie.

13 hours ago, Parklife said:

And you know what? It was still the right thing to do. Fvck UEFA. 

UEFA = the devil incarnate for many on here. Except when Celtic fans get up their noses in which case UEFA = a great and fair organisation. More faces than the toon clock for some. 

12 hours ago, Ormond said:

Aye, nae bother. I'll post names of my mates up on the TAMB just so you can go hard. You are a walloper. :lol:

To be fair he never asked you for names of your mates, he asked you for examples of their comments. Shouldn't be too hard, especially given this weeks opponents, to copy and paste 2-3 examples of their many anti-Jewish FB posts. Just the comments, not their names or that.  

16 hours ago, Ormond said:

Aye, nae bother. I'll post names of my mates up on the TAMB just so you can go hard. You are a walloper. :lol:

Surley you don't have to post up any names to show an example of a post. Just the main text.

Mr A said: I love the Catholics and hate the Jews because I'm Catholic hail hail 

7 hours ago, Mitre said:

Looking forward to the Kurdistan, West Papua & East Turkistan flag demonstrations in the next 3 CL games

Dont forget the poor folk from North Korea living under that regime

Edited by Ally Bongo

1 hour ago, fishcumnock said:

Anybody else think this is pish ?

Neds get back at rangers with flags , that's it in a nutshell.

?

What has Celtic wallopers waving Palestine flags got to do with Rangers?

3 hours ago, fishcumnock said:

The Gers fans waving israeli flags,please keep up RB

Rangers fans fly Norn Irn flags quite often. Is that why Celtic fans wave Irish tricolors? 

Totally ridiculous reason for dragging Rangers into a problem created by the spotty Herberts in the Green Brigade.

Anyway I thought was a legitimate political protest? If that's the case it can't be for the pish you've quoted above, can it?

21 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Highlighted? Do you seriously think anyone who saw the flags at Parkhead paid them any attention other then UEFA? 

Nobody gives a toss what banner or flag the GB fly other than to check their spelling. Nothing was highlighted and now Celtic will be fined, again. 

Can't be long now until there are more serious consequences for the club. How happy would the GB be then?

It's been in the news all over the world so plenty of folk will have seen it and taken notice.

14 hours ago, Mitre said:

Looking forward to the Kurdistan, West Papua & East Turkistan flag demonstrations in the next 3 CL games

They are playing teams from Turkey/Iraq? Indonesia and China?

Incidentally it's Turkestan whoever you copied that off got it wrong. I was once told if i was going to "moralise about a thing at least spell it right" when talking about Charles De Menezes by a member on here many moons ago :)

Edited by phart

2 hours ago, Mox said:

It's been in the news all over the world so plenty of folk will have seen it and taken notice.

And how was it presented in the news? As a major political protest or a hunch of fannies getting their club a fine from Uefa? 

Personally I couldn't care less but find it amusing that some fitba fans think they are suddenly all Nelson Mandela.

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

And how was it presented in the news? As a major political protest or a hunch of fannies getting their club a fine from Uefa? 

Personally I couldn't care less but find it amusing that some fitba fans think they are suddenly all Nelson Mandela.

A quick google and you'll find it on numerous major websites ma man. As for your last sentence, I don't quite know where to begin apart from telling you yer a total wand.

15 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Rangers fans fly Norn Irn flags quite often. Is that why Celtic fans wave Irish tricolors? 

Totally ridiculous reason for dragging Rangers into a problem created by the spotty Herberts in the Green Brigade.

Anyway I thought was a legitimate political protest? If that's the case it can't be for the pish you've quoted above, can it?

Aye it is maan ! ?