The big cup - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The big cup

On 19 August 2016 at 8:22 PM, RenfrewBlue said:

Highlighted? Do you seriously think anyone who saw the flags at Parkhead paid them any attention other then UEFA? 

Nobody gives a toss what banner or flag the GB fly other than to check their spelling. Nothing was highlighted and now Celtic will be fined, again. 

12 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

And how was it presented in the news? As a major political protest or a hunch of fannies getting their club a fine from Uefa? 

Personally I couldn't care less but find it amusing that some fitba fans think they are suddenly all Nelson Mandela.

Hahah, a perfect storm of backtracking 

"So youse flew Palestinian flags, no one gives a fvck....Ohh so it did get a lot of media attention, ehhh, betcha they called them all fannies.......Ohh so it wasn't criticising them.....ehhh, ok then, fvck I don't actually care" 

Celtic badge projected onto building in the Gaza Strip on last night, fair to say this protest has got plenty of attention. And most of it positive.

Edited by Dalgety Bay TA

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Hahah, a perfect storm of backtracking 

"So youse flew Palestinian flags, no one gives a fvck....Ohh so it did get a lot of media attention, ehhh, betcha they called them all fannies.......Ohh so it wasn't criticising them.....ehhh, ok then, fvck I don't actually care" 

Celtic badge projected onto building in the Gaza Strip on last night, fair to say this protest has got plenty of attention. And most of it positive.

No back tracking here.

There may well have been plenty of attention on Celtic and their fans.

I'm pretty sure the actual day to day issues faced by the people of Palestine were not however given any real coverage as that's how the MSM works.

If the Green Brigade were serious protesters they wouldn't have been at the game and would instead have used the opportunity of the Israeli teams visit for some proper attention. 

I'm sure Celtic's publicity will help ease the Palestinian suffering though. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

No back tracking here.

I'm pretty sure the actual day to day issues faced by the people of Palestine were not however given any real coverage as that's how the MSM works.

If the Green Brigade were serious protesters they wouldn't have been at the game and would instead have used the opportunity of the Israeli teams visit for some proper attention. 

Who said anyone was easing the Palestinian suffering? Also, I don't know how many times this has been pointed out to you, but it got plenty of attention ya absolute moon unit. 

Why would a "serious protest" involve not going to the game?? Do serious protests always take place in private? And what proper attention would not being there garner?

What images would have been a talking point in various media outlets around the world - a big display of Palestinian flags or an empty section? I will give you a clue, it's not the what wasn't there one, it's the what was there. I can just imagine the Million Man March or the Stop The War marches being far more symbolic if no one actually went to them. Sheeesh.

No back tracking here.

don't you see the fact that folk like you are still bleatin about it and the media is still running with it shows how successful it was? as for alleviating the plight of those suffering in Palestine, well you clearly are quite new to all this political protest stuff. All the guy in the street can really do is show those in power their feelings - and the people of Palestine were grateful for the attention it generated.

Given you seem so interested in world politics, which current situation angers you and what do you do about it?

37 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Why would a "serious protest" involve not going to the game?? Do serious protests always take place in private? And what proper attention would not being there garner?

What images would have been a talking point in various media outlets around the world - a big display of Palestinian flags or an empty section? I will give you a clue, it's not the what wasn't there one, it's the what was there. I can just imagine the Million Man March or the Stop The War marches being far more symbolic if no one actually went to them. Sheeesh.

I don't think you are debating with someone who really has thought this through. he just hates the Green Brigade and is generating an argument around that whereas most reasonably minded people also question the antics of the Green Brigade most of the time, but can applaud them when they do something that is commendable. its a bit like our boy Alan and his blind hatred of the SNP.......

On 21/08/2016 at 5:04 PM, Return of Yermaw said:

I don't think you are debating with someone who really has thought this through. he just hates the Green Brigade and is generating an argument around that whereas most reasonably minded people also question the antics of the Green Brigade most of the time, but can applaud them when they do something that is commendable. its a bit like our boy Alan and his blind hatred of the SNP.......

Amazing how a couple of posts on a forum and you are able to tell so much about me.

Pity you're totally wrong, eh?

I don't hate the Green Brigade. I don't hate any set of football supporters. That's a moronic thing to do, unless you actually know all of them. Total pish.

I do think their "cause" this time is well chosen, instead of the usual rubbish however I disagree with their method this time. 

I do however applaud them for starting the fund to raise money for the Palestinian charities and have given myself. 

Hopefully I've made my point clear enough for you, but do feel free to make stuff up based on my posts again if it keeps you happy.

On 21/08/2016 at 5:00 PM, Return of Yermaw said:

don't you see the fact that folk like you are still bleatin about it and the media is still running with it shows how successful it was? as for alleviating the plight of those suffering in Palestine, well you clearly are quite new to all this political protest stuff. All the guy in the street can really do is show those in power their feelings - and the people of Palestine were grateful for the attention it generated.

Given you seem so interested in world politics, which current situation angers you and what do you do about it?

I disagree but as my other post says I'm fully behind their fundraising instead. A much more directly beneficial activity which won't get their club into bother. ? 

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Amazing how a couple of posts on a forum and you are able to tell so much about me.

Pity you're totally wrong, eh?

I don't hate the Green Brigade. I don't hate any set of football supporters. That's a moronic thing to do, unless you actually know all of them. Total pish.

I do think their "cause" this time is well chosen, instead of the usual rubbish however I disagree with their method this time. 

I do however applaud them for starting the fund to raise money for the Palestinian charities and have given myself. 

Hopefully I've made my point clear enough for you, but do feel free to make stuff up based on my posts again if it keeps you happy.

they are "wallopers" and "fannies" but you applaud them. I'll leave you to your contradictions.

and as for failing to have a collective opinion on a group cause you haven't met them all - aye, okay then.......

7 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

they are "wallopers" and "fannies" but you applaud them. I'll leave you to your contradictions.

and as for failing to have a collective opinion on a group cause you haven't met them all - aye, okay then.......

Even a walloper can sometimes do something right. Try and remember the epithets are for different actions. 

I didn't say I you can't have an opinion on a collective however to hate a group for being a bit daft? I think you maybe have anger issues.

3 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

"AZ were trailing 1-0 to Ajax after 36 minutes at the Amsterdam ArenA when a home fan raced on to the pitch and went straight for visiting keeper Esteban Alvarado.

But the Costa Rican keeper turned the tables on his attacker by tripping him up before sinking his boot into the hooligan several times.

Incredibly, instead of receiving the grateful thanks of the whistler for dealing with the attacker, Nijhuis promptly flashed a straight red card at the keeper."

I suggest Mark Walker has a read of the laws of the game!

17 hours ago, fishcumnock said:

?????

Just found new mojies

15 hours ago, phart said:

I can just see "pido free" and a smilie. Do you need to view it on mobile to see it properly?

So what were the emoji's meant to mean. As i said all i can see is "pido free" what emotions are they meant to convey, it's just letters to me?

4 minutes ago, phart said:

So what were the emoji's meant to mean. As i said all i can see is "pido free" what emotions are they meant to convey, it's just letters to me?

All I'm getting on my phone is "pido free" and an angel smiley. 

On 19/08/2016 at 10:51 PM, Ormond said:

You are an absolute clown. You really are. You take what you want, add in words then claim nobody can back up what they clearly have not said. Aye, you are right you've wasted far too many words. Go away ya daft wee laddie.

Brilliant response. 

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

Good luck to the bhoys tonight, I've a feeling this won't be straightforward.

I don't mind Celtic going through, but as a neutral would make it interesting if it wasn't straightforward.

Hapoel and BTTS will probably be my bet.

18 hours ago, phart said:

I can just see "pido free" and a smilie. Do you need to view it on mobile to see it properly?

3 hours ago, phart said:

?????

Just found new mojies ,no message or cryptic clues just trying them oot.