The big cup - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The big cup

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly - lets put the opposition into perspective before anyone gets carried away.

Secondly - patently obvious anyone would be better than Ronnie who was clearly out of his depth.

Notwithstanding i think Rodgers is a good coach (teeth issues excepted) but his true ability will be tested in the Chumpions league proper - not the SPL

Lastly - will be interesting to see UEFA's take on tonight's shenanigans

6 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Firstly - lets put the opposition into perspective before anyone gets carried away.

Secondly - patently obvious anyone would be better than Ronnie who was clearly out of his depth.

Notwithstanding i think Rodgers is a good coach (teeth issues excepted) but his true ability will be tested in the Chumpions league proper - not the SPL

Marvelous to feel your unhappiness. Splendid in fact.

13 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Marvelous to feel your unhappiness. Splendid in fact.

Absolutely zero unhappiness

It's called constructive criticism

29 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Not sure they can do much about it.

JS97372927.jpg

If they had issue with flying another countries flag, I'm sure they'd have dug them up before now.

:lol:

I said after the Motherwell game, with the safe standing section they have given the green brigade more than enough rope to hang themselves, and it's inevitable they will. (Did look like it would be good fun if you were like minded mind you, even 1/3 full it was rocking!)

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

There was more Palestine flags at Parkhead than you'd get Killie fans at Rugby Park

Was there aye? You should do stand up. 

Come back to me when you're stadium isn't more than half empty every second week. Must be hard being the diddy team out a local rivalry. You're like the aids riddled version of Ayr. 

6 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

A fine for flying flags of a country?  Not a swastika, IS Flag nor an IRA/UDA one but the flag of an existing, souvereign country? Honestly? As for the rest of your constructive criticism: you cant hide the fact youd rather seen us losing ?

2 hours ago, Batzek-osemba said:

A fine for flying flags of a country?  Not a swastika, IS Flag nor an IRA/UDA one but the flag of an existing, souvereign country? Honestly? As for the rest of your constructive criticism: you cant hide the fact youd rather seen us losing ?

Has anyone else noticed this siege mentality with Celtic fans this season ?

Unless you are 100% positive then you are against them

So? Since when was that a problem to antagonize your opponent? By singing, corteos or banners? Plus the GB sympathy for the palestine cause is not new nor forbidden.

It is forbidden by UEFA. St Johnstone got a fine for having ONE palestine flag in their end. 

The GB don't care about Celtic, they are more concerned about attention seeking. 

UEFA have made it clear that football is not a bandwagon for a group of spotty 15 year olds to make childish political statements (I doubt if any of them could find Palestine on a map anyway).

Just saying like.

And the tamb concentrates more on the flag issue than the football.....shock ?

A fantastic game played in a fantastic atmosphere which showcased the best of Celtic under Rodgers and some of the frailty still evident. It should be more than enough but with us in Europe, you just never know.

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Was there aye? You should do stand up. 

Come back to me when you're stadium isn't more than half empty every second week. Must be hard being the diddy team out a local rivalry. You're like the aids riddled version of Ayr. 

I've seen my team win 2 league cups and a Scottish cup in my lifetime. How many have your team won in your lifetime?

How many season ticket holders do Killie have? How many seasons would it take for Killie to sell as many as Hibs have this season?

3 hours ago, Batzek-osemba said:

So? Since when was that a problem to antagonize your opponent? By singing, corteos or banners? Plus the GB sympathy for the palestine cause is not new nor forbidden.

Did anywhere in my op did I say there was anything wrong with it?

For what it's worth its all this carry on is tit for twat with Israel/Palestine. Celtic being the tits and Rangers beings the twats. If Rangers didn't wave Israel flags then Celtic wouldn't wave Palestine flags and vice-versa 

Away yae go ya rocket

14 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

What have Killie won?

more to the point, what have Aberdeen won?

In your lifetime

Domestic[edit]