St Johnstone cease ticket sales - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

St Johnstone cease ticket sales

Surely they have some sort of database of st Johnstone fans? (I.e anyone who has bought a ticket from the club in the last 10 years)

They'll maybe try and keep the home fans in at full time too? (Don't laugh, they tried it at Motherwell!)

Seems to have split opinion between friends of mine on Saints and the police. Not sure what else the club can do to be fair as what is utterly appalling in our game is that it's the police that dictate to clubs how they are going to allocate tickets. I have friends who are missing out on this game and it's a disgrace. It's high time the police were told to do one over this. I wonder if Saints have a case to take to court over loss of earnings. 

7 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Surely they have some sort of database of st Johnstone fans? (I.e anyone who has bought a ticket from the club in the last 10 years)

Indeed. If they don't have this kind of info, they're even more amateurish than I thought. 

Guest BlueGaz

Have they stopped selling purely to keep a segregation or because they don't want celtic fans buying in home end? is that not standard procedure?

Guest BlueGaz

If the club are unable to guarantee they won't sell tickets to the celtic fans for the home end, i dont see how it can be the fault of the police.

6 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

If the club are unable to guarantee they won't sell tickets to the celtic fans for the home end, i dont see how it can be the fault of the police.

Sell them to season ticket holders & shareholders then. The blanket ban is mental. 

Why mention the police in the statement if they never had the final say?

I appreciate some of the comments above but as Ormond says he has friends missing out on this game then that is what I feel is pathetic. In this day and age when we are trying to encourage people to games to then  say you can't get in is appalling. If this is the fault of St Johnstone though through not having accurate databases with details of their own fans then that is poor. Surely though if there is an away fan in the home end then it is the duty of the stewards and police to eject/arrest them. 

2 minutes ago, Exglasgowasc said:

I appreciate some of the comments above but as Ormond says he has friends missing out on this game then that is what I feel is pathetic. In this day and age when we are trying to encourage people to games to then  say you can't get in is appalling. If this is the fault of St Johnstone though through not having accurate databases with details of their own fans then that is poor. Surely though if there is an away fan in the home end then it is the duty of the stewards and police to eject/arrest them. 

Apparently season ticket holders can still buy extras.

Got to be careful though with the Perth Pack about.

Guest BlueGaz
12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Sell them to season ticket holders & shareholders then. The blanket ban is mental. 

Why mention the police in the statement if they never had the final say?

I agree, season ticket holders should be fine.  "Apparently season ticket holders can still buy extras."

They mention an agreement with the police, so the club obviously ...... agreed with them.

Edited by BlueGaz

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

I agree, season ticket holders should be fine.  "Apparently season ticket holders can still buy extras."

They mention an agreement with the police, so the club obviously ...... agreed with them.

The clubs don't get much choice about agreeing with them, they issue the safety certificates etc and can even decide whether or not a game can go ahead on a friday night for christ sake.

46 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Is there really likely to be any issue if say 100 Celtic fans end up in the Saints end? Its not exactly going to start WW3. If the match had a history of bother then I could understand it but its St Johnstone FFS, no exactly a hot bed of football hooliganism.

Yes, that too!

Its hardly a title decider.

Are there likely to be many Celtic fans that desperate to be there?

Seems like the police have created an issue where there isn't one.

Have St Johnstone been having low profile games with no police recently? Motherwell were doing it, but don't think we're allowed anymore.

There are new season ticket holders at Celtic who think they should get the chance to buy tickets for hearts and Aberdeen over guys who have been going every week for last 5 years. So there could be guys looking for spares but it won't be a troublesome match ffs. 

I think Celtic will sell out every away allocation this season with Killie the only possible exception.

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Yep. We can't all be as professional as The Famous. :rolleyes:

You can take that chip off your shoulder, drop your fascination with AFC and admit that your club should be professional enough to be able to sell tickets for football matches. :lol: 

Just now, Parklife said:

You can take that chip off your shoulder, drop your fascination with AFC and admit that your club should be professional enough to be able to sell tickets for football matches. :lol: 

YOU on about a chip on a shoulder? :rollsmile: