Anthems

Ormond

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Parklife said:

"Separatist football following yobs sully Remembrance Day with booing of UK Anthem"

If anyone from the Scotsman/Daily Mail is reading, PM me to buy this headline. 

That won't be far off it.  Not that it will deter me from giving that horrid "anthem" the usual treatment

12 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

There will probably be some effort by Ruth Davidson and one or two ex players to encourage us to join in with England's anthem seeing as it's "Celebrate Militarism Day".

Alex Ferguson, Walter Smith....<_<

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

Andy Goram, Gordon Durie and Ally McCoist in their old Princess Diana gear.

That was a joke. I remember that. Dirty, cock guzzling English tart who cost us plebs billions dies and those craters decide they can't play for Scotland. :angry:

19 minutes ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

And what do you hope to achieve by doing this? 

I'm not really looking to achieve anything other than watching my team play (and hopefully win) when I go to a football match. 

What do you hope to "achieve" by not booing it?

24 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Andy Goram, Gordon Durie and Ally McCoist in their old Princess Diana gear.

I think I was 17 when she cowped it. I mind having a torn napper from being out at Perth's Ice Factory the night before. What was the game that they refused to play in?

5 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I think I was 17 when she cowped it. I mind having a torn napper from being out at Perth's Ice Factory the night before. What was the game that they refused to play in?

The monarchist wänkers refused to play in a qualifier against Belarus.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

4 minutes ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

If you're not trying to achieve anything by booing their anthem then why bother doing it? Just curious. 

It's an anthem that I don't respect. I don't agree with an unelected head of state even exisiting never mind being sung about in a supposed national anthem, and I don't wish to stand in silence in my free time to hear it.

I guess you could say I'm trying to achieve not listening to it, if you really want me to give an answer.

Just now, Spark said:

It's an anthem that I don't respect. I don't agree with an unelected head of state even exisiting never mind being sung about in a supposed national anthem, and I don't wish to stand in silence in my free time to hear it.

I guess you could say I'm trying to achieve not listening to it, if you really want me to give an answer.

Are you my new favourite poster? :wub:

Brant Grebner and Thplinth, you pair are slipping down my league table pinned on my fridge! :P

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

The monarchist wänkers refused to play in a qualifier against Belarus.

I remember the incident, I just couldn't remember the team. At the time I had that young laddie rage on at those dickheads. Now, it just makes me sad that we have wh'anks like that in Scotland. :worried:

17 minutes ago, Spark said:

It's an anthem I don't respect either - for the same reasons as you. Think I'll stand in the concourse for this one or listen to something I like on the headphones instead though. Booing, I'm afraid, will just come across as petty and a bit sad and I wouldn't want anybody thinking that of the TA.

2 minutes ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

It's an anthem I don't respect either - for the same reasons as you. Think I'll stand in the concourse for this one or listen to something I like on the headphones instead though. Booing, I'm afraid, will just come across as petty and a bit sad and I wouldn't want anybody thinking that of the TA.

The old "The TA are Saints" pish. Baws to this nonsense. It's fitba' we follow and I'm fed up of namby pamby nonsense. Let's get stuck into these Jimmy Hunts and shite to these 'this is correct behaviour' whanks.

5 hours ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

That's where me and you differ then, I don't care what people think about the "TA". Especially for something like this which is justified.

5 hours ago, Ormond said:

The old "The TA are Saints" pish. Baws to this nonsense. It's fitba' we follow and I'm fed up of namby pamby nonsense. Let's get stuck into these Jimmy Hunts and shite to these 'this is correct behaviour' whanks.

Agreed. Wouldn't want our support to be known for being thugs like the English or Russians but certainly don't care about this cuddly, everybody's mate and don't care if we lose mentality that some people have.

Although these people exist more on the internet than they do at the matches, in my own experience at least

7 hours ago, Ormond said:

Weird post. Personally, I just want to get behind the team rather than get obsessed with our opponent's anthem. But if you want to get "stuck into" the English by booing their anthem, fill your boots - I'm sure they will be terrified!

2 hours ago, Spark said:

Agreed. Wouldn't want our support to be known for being thugs like the English or Russians but certainly don't care about this cuddly, everybody's mate and don't care if we lose mentality that some people have.

Although these people exist more on the internet than they do at the matches, in my own experience at least

So, people who don't boo their anthem don't care if we lose? This makes no sense whatsoever.