Weekend Scottish Fitba - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Weekend Scottish Fitba

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I think Motherwell will be a better team when the goal machine Louis Moult returns from injury hopefully after the international break.

If we can hold onto Johnson I don't think we'll be too far away from Rangers come the end of the season. Certainly closer to Rangers than they'll get to Celtic.

Have to disagree with that.  2 players won't make a difference to what I saw yesterday.  Granted, it was one game.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I think Motherwell will be a better team when the goal machine Louis Moult returns from injury hopefully after the international break.

If we can hold onto Johnson I don't think we'll be too far away from Rangers come the end of the season. Certainly closer to Rangers than they'll get to Celtic.

interesting you decided you had to bring Celtic into it.  And its us that are fixated?

30 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

interesting you decided you had to bring Celtic into it.  And its us that are fixated?

My point was that Rangers will be in the chasing pack, it was your "these teams" comment that got me.

I don't think Rangers are anywhere near a position where they can be sneering at "these teams" or their approach to games. (That's the job of the Aberdeen fans on here)

Contrary to what you and Gordon Strachan think "these teams" are not the shite on the shoe of Rangers or Celtic.

21 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

My point was that Rangers will be in the chasing pack, it was your "these teams" comment that got me.

I don't think Rangers are anywhere near a position where they can be sneering at "these teams" or their approach to games. (That's the job of the Aberdeen fans on here)

Contrary to what you and Gordon Strachan think "these teams" are not the shite on the shoe of Rangers or Celtic.

Well said, Aberdeen Football Club are fantastic.

Guest BlueGaz
10 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

You seem to have mistaken me for someone else.  1.  Don't put us anywhere near Celtic at the moment, and haven't as far as I am aware.  2. We should be beating Hamilton and Motherwell with what we have at the moment.  Comfortably.  3. I am not so sure we will be in the chasing pack either, but will be very happy with a top half finish if we can achieve that.  Then push on to chasing pack next season.  

So not sure what Gordon Strachan thinks, if its the same as me, then of course you are correct.  All Rangers fans I have contact with feel the same or similar.  It is only the TAMB that I see comments, in the main from none Rangers fans who have other opinions and seem to think that its ours.  All very TAMB though, so I forgive you.

On 8/21/2016 at 0:11 AM, Debian said:

We were poor against sitting against the ball. 

Well had their chances though and could have been in front.

Still. When gers tick someone will take a doing. But WON'T WIN THE LEAGUE 

I'm pretty sure every team will give somebody a doing at some point over the season, christ even Killie handed out a doing last season.

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

You seem to have mistaken me for someone else.  1.  Don't put us anywhere near Celtic at the moment, and haven't as far as I am aware.  2. We should be beating Hamilton and Motherwell with what we have at the moment.  Comfortably.  3. I am not so sure we will be in the chasing pack either, but will be very happy with a top half finish if we can achieve that.  Then push on to chasing pack next season.  

If you take Celtic out the equation there is little between the remaining teams.

I don't think (m)any Rangers fans have expectations of challenging for 1st place this season, but if you feel you should be beating teams like Motherwell ("these teams") comfortably it seems your expectations are higher than top 6.

Motherwells last 5 league finishes are 3-2-2-11-5. You could make a case that going from 2-11 with very little turnover in players proves there's nothing between the teams out with Celtic.

Guest BlueGaz
14 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

If you take Celtic out the equation there is little between the remaining teams.

I don't think (m)any Rangers fans have expectations of challenging for 1st place this season, but if you feel you should be beating teams like Motherwell ("these teams") comfortably it seems your expectations are higher than top 6.

Motherwells last 5 league finishes are 3-2-2-11-5. You could make a case that going from 2-11 with very little turnover in players proves there's nothing between the teams out with Celtic.

ok.

Guest BlueGaz
45 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

i know, thank god i'll be in Dominican when we go to Parkhead next month.:P

I was actually alluding to that game.  

5 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Aye, you're trying to make the point that there's little between Aberdeen and teams that finished 40 points below them? You've done that before. 

17 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Aye, you're trying to make the point that there's little between Aberdeen and teams that finished 40 points below them? You've done that before. 

Yep.

:lol:

To keep you and Rosdy happy, there's very little between 3rd and 12th.

My point here is more that if Bluegaz thinks Rangers should be beating top 6 sides comfortably, that doesn't match up with his expectations of a mere top half finish.

On 22/08/2016 at 4:09 PM, sbcmfc said:

Yep.

My point here is more that if Bluegaz thinks Rangers should be beating top 6 sides comfortably, that doesn't match up with his expectations of a mere top half finish.

I think Gaz might be excluding Aberdeen and Celtic.  Every other team in the league has a weaker squad than Rangers, except maybe Hearts but their a wee bit up and down so far this season. 

If we can get back a bit of the form we had last season I don't see anything wrong with what Gaz has said.

Admittedly if we continue to only fire on half our cylinders then you may be more accurate with your assessment. 

That's the fun of football,  it's all just opinions until the games get played. 

Guest BlueGaz
On 8/22/2016 at 4:09 PM, sbcmfc said:

Yep.

No, but Im not talking about history, I am talking about twice I have seen your team this season already.  We should be beating teams like Motherwell this season.  To be fair, we have, twice, but we should have beaten Hamilton.  2 points dropped in a season when we will need every point we can get.  You can rattle on about your past as much as you want .........

15 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

You can rattle on about your past as much as you want .........

I hope you're tongue was firmly in your cheek typing that.

I'm still expecting us to be top 6, but I'm starting to get you now. We were poor in the 2nd half of the cup game, and in both games fitness (or lack of depth) has proved an issue which is disappointing.

I expect Saturday is going to be a familiar story at Ibrox, in terms of Rangers having lots of possession, but doing little with it in front of a team set up to sit in and counter, a lot of teams set up like that away from home, even against the likes of Motherwell.

Edited by sbcmfc

Guest BlueGaz
7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I hope you're tongue was firmly in your cheek typing that.

I'm still expecting us to be top 6, but I'm starting to get you now. We were poor in the 2nd half of the cup game, and in both games fitness (or lack of depth) has proved an issue which is disappointing.

I expect Saturday is going to be a familiar story at Ibrox, in terms of Rangers having lots of possession, but doing little with it in front of a team set up to sit in and counter, a lot of teams set up like that away from home, even against the likes of Motherwell.

I don't go on about our past, so it wasnt tongue in cheek.  Its actually a subject I choose to not talk about on here haha.

We aren't at home for about a month now.

7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Some good games this weekend starting with live game tonight.

The Rangers should beat Killie comfortably

Motherwell think will just edge Dundee

Celtic to just win a tight game against Aberdeen

Comfortable wins for Hearts and St Johnstone I expect.  Hamilton and County to close to call, might be a draw

3 minutes ago, deecie said:

Anybody explain why last seasons 1st v 2nd isn't being shown on TV but 9th(?) v Promoted team is?

In protest I'm either heading to Cliftonhill, Meadowbank or Ochilview the morn.

The TV deals I believe historically had various rules and quotas.

Think they can (or could) only show so many games from each ground, think it was 4. They also have to show each team at least a certain number of times.

It works out quite nicely that showing almost all of Celtic and rangers away games, the games between the two and 1st/last home games of the season meets all the quotas.

:ok:

I hear Celtic are charging £49 a ticket for a new club they don't care about, so I can't imagine what a ticket for their nearest challengers must cost?

:P

8 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I hear Celtic are charging £49 a ticket for a new club they don't care about, so I can't imagine what a ticket for their nearest challengers must cost?

:P

We're making them pay our fine from UEFA ???

18 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The TV deals I believe historically had various rules and quotas.

Think they can (or could) only show so many games from each ground, think it was 4. They also have to show each team at least a certain number of times.

It works out quite nicely that showing almost all of Celtic and rangers away games, the games between the two and 1st/last home games of the season meets all the quotas.

:ok:

None of which explains why they're overlooking what must be one of the "biggest" games of the season.