Weekend Scottish Fitba - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Weekend Scottish Fitba

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, deecie said:

None of which explains why they're overlooking what must be one of the "biggest" games of the season.

Well if they can only show 4 games from parkhead, and they will want to keep one up their sleeve for the last game or a potential decider, they're going to show 2x old firm, so that only allows for one other game at parkhead on tv all season.

That is based on old information, but I'd imagine a lot of those "rules" are still in place. So basically they can show all the old firms away games and satisfy all the "rules", that's the way it's been going way back to the setanta days.

Edited by sbcmfc

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Well if they can only show 4 games from parkhead, and they will want to keep one up their sleeve for the last game or a potential decider, they're going to show 2x old firm, so that only allows for one other game at parkhead on tv all season.

That is based on old information, but I'd imagine a lot of those "rules" are still in place. So basically they can show all the old firms away games and satisfy all the "rules", that's the way it's been going way back to the setanta days.

Pretty sure you're right about the quotas etc.

It'll come down to which games they think give them the biggest viewing audience and still satisfies their rule set.

4 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Pretty sure you're right about the quotas etc.

It'll come down to which games they think give them the biggest viewing audience and still satisfies their rule set.

They're going to have to show some games they really don't want to, as I'm sure something like 10% of games have to be non old firm, and there's no Edinburgh or Dundee derbies to fill that quota.

Charming repertoire being sung by the scum tonight as usual. 

How do these utter khunts continually get away with this. 

As much as my once fervent enthusiasm for fitba has waned dramatically in recent years, my utter hatred for the scumbags that support that club is as strong as ever.

4 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Are these scumbags actually singing 'No Pope of Rome' ?

:lol:

Yup. As well as "who's the fenian in the black?", "  Fk Bobby Sands he's deid" and of course the usual ditties that barely even warrant a mention now they've become so commonplace.

Edited by Marky

1 minute ago, Rossy said:

Are these scumbags actually singing 'No Pope of Rome' ?

The only thing more ridiculous than letting either of the old firm play a top flight game on a Friday night, is doing it at the ground nearest the Irish ferry.

2 minutes ago, Marky said:

Yup. As well as "who's the fenian in the black?", " Bobby Sands he's deid" and of course the usual ditties that barely even warrant a mention now they've become so commonplace.

Looks like ma time-machine works and I'm back in the 70's....;)

1 minute ago, macy37 said:

The BBC also chose to broadcast sectarian singing last night. Very responsible of them. Should they not be fined for it was my first thought?

Eh, no.

Rangers fans in Dundee were pretty classless, the usual scum behaviour, and some very dodgy songs as normal. SFA dont have the balls to act, these idiots get away with whatever they want.

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

Eh, no.

Rangers fans in Dundee were pretty classless, the usual scum behaviour, and some very dodgy songs as normal. SFA dont have the balls to act, these idiots get away with whatever they want.

I'm referring to the bbc program last night were they chose to use a clip of the dressing room belting out a wee ditty circa 1990. Let's promote the game by showing this eh? Totally needles to be using that clip.

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

SFA dont have the balls to act, these idiots get away with whatever they want.

Very little the SFA can do without strict liability in place.  Of course when that was put forward it was rejected by the clubs.   

TV commentator apologises for 'the bad language' picked up from a Rangers player.

We'll just ignore the anti-Catholic bile pouring out from thousands of Rangers fans though. 

Nothing happened, nothing to see here, everyone move on. 

Just now, macy37 said:

I'm referring to the bbc program last night were they chose to use a clip of the dressing room belting out a wee ditty circa 1990. Let's promote the game by showing this eh? Totally needles to be using that clip.

I know what youre referring to. The BBC were right to show that, by ignoring what RFC are would be wrong.

3 minutes ago, macy37 said:

In fairness, it was used to show how foolish and ridiculous the Rangers players looked.

Terry Butcher admitted that in the interview afterwards. 

Guest BlueGaz
5 minutes ago, Rossy said:

In fairness, it was used to show how foolish and ridiculous the Rangers players looked.

Terry Butcher admitted that in the interview afterwards. 

He seemed rightly embarrassed.  And the fud running up to the camera singing about the IRA.  Hopefully he is embarrassed too.  Maybe Macy was getting a cup of tea whilst that bit was on.  I know its no consolation and its not an excuse in any way, but the singing is worse away from home for some reason.  I can only assume its because you have more of a chance of being dealt with at Ibrox, as you will get grassed up, but away from home it does seem to be a free for all.  You rarely hear the word Fenian these days at home, at least I don't.