Weekend Scottish Fitba - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Weekend Scottish Fitba

10 minutes ago, Rossy said:

In fairness, it was used to show how foolish and ridiculous the Rangers players looked.

Terry Butcher admitted that in the interview afterwards. 

I was surprised to find that Butcher isn't that popular amongst Rangers fans.

I believe the fact he embraced that sort of stuff at the time, and then criticised it later in an autobiography is the reason (or the reason I was given).

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I was surprised to find that Butcher isn't that popular amongst Rangers fans.

I believe the fact he embraced that sort of stuff at the time, and then criticised it later in an autobiography is the reason (or the reason I was given).

Fk knows, no one ever spoke about it with me.  As far as I am concerned he was a great player and captain for us when he was here, during an exciting period.

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, AberdeenAngus said:

Is Pittodrie the only ground where there is announcement every game about supporter conduct warning of various consequences for clubs?

Sounded like something every club would be obliged to read out. If so I don'y know why they bother if zero action taken. 

No, every home game at Ibrox too.

By the way, that killie red card was an absolutely howling challenge!

:shocked:

Very reasonable points Bluegaz.

My point about the proximity to Stranraer was slightly tongue in cheek, but the Friday night games are going to bring out the worst in some folk.

1 minute ago, AberdeenAngus said:

Is Pittodrie the only ground where there is announcement every game about supporter conduct warning of various consequences for clubs?

Sounded like something every club would be obliged to read out. If so I don'y know why they bother if zero action taken. 

Heard it read out at a few grounds, Hamilton definitely do it.

They have signs up at fir park, but not sure about a spoken message (not that you'd hear it in the east stand anyway...)

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

By the way, that killie red card was an absolutely howling challenge!

:shocked:

Very reasonable points Bluegaz.

My point about the proximity to Stranraer was slightly tongue in cheek, but the Friday night games are going to bring out the worst in some folk.

I think its every away game, not just Friday night games.  Its just not something that bothers me - I just always have more important things to worry about than what people sing at a football match, in this case Rangers fans, but at any other football I attend.  Those that it genuinely upsets, have just as much issues as those that choose to sing.

23 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

He seemed rightly embarrassed.  And the fud running up to the camera singing about the IRA.  Hopefully he is embarrassed too.  Maybe Macy was getting a cup of tea whilst that bit was on.  I know its no consolation and its not an excuse in any way, but the singing is worse away from home for some reason.  I can only assume its because you have more of a chance of being dealt with at Ibrox, as you will get grassed up, but away from home it does seem to be a free for all.  You rarely hear the word Fenian these days at home, at least I don't.  

Do the folk at away games not go to home matches? If they do that tells me its a terminal disease that's not ever going to leave and you're probably spot on with why it's aired away from home.

Guest BlueGaz
9 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Do the folk at away games not go to home matches? If they do that tells me its a terminal disease that's not ever going to leave and you're probably spot on with why it's aired away from home.

Of course they do - just get away with it on their travels. I think it will be a while before it goes away, probably generation or two. The fact that NI has changed recently will have a knock on effect and it will largely disappear over the years to come.  Don't understand why you think its a terminal disease - that doesn't make sense to me.

1 hour ago, AberdeenAngus said:

Can you imagine if that old Hamilton guy was still kicking around? Cannae mind his name but he'd make my old man seem a Saint! :lol:

2 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

I think its every away game, not just Friday night games.  Its just not something that bothers me - I just always have more important things to worry about than what people sing at a football match, in this case Rangers fans, but at any other football I attend.  Those that it genuinely upsets, have just as much issues as those that choose to sing.

so if i'm offended by twats calling my a fenian - it's my own fault and i have issues.... sums your lot up right there!

My quote button is knackered - re Ormond, Fergie....

Off the Ball gave the story that the team bus was coming back from somewhere in the pishing rain and saw Fergie walking alone along  busy road, clearly trying to head back to Hamilton. They agreed to give him a lift but ended up kicking him back off the bus 10 mins later due to the abuse he started to dish out to all the players, Apparently they had won that day as well...........

1 hour ago, Return of Yermaw said:

straight out the EDL hand book

I don't think anyone is saying it's acceptable, just questioning how offensive it is.

Are you genuinely offended by things people shout and sing at the football?

Guest BlueGaz
8 hours ago, JasMc1973 said:

so if i'm offended by twats calling my a fenian - it's my own fault and i have issues.... sums your lot up right there!

I never said it was your fault - but if singing at a football match genuinely offends you, you have an issue IMO.

21 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I don't think anyone is saying it's acceptable, just questioning how offensive it is.

Are you genuinely offended by things people shout and sing at the football?

I think chanting about the death of players, managers or fans is offensive. Can probably chuck the peado stuff in there too. Surely racist chants are not okay either?

Seems that many football fans still think that being inside a football ground gives them some form of automatic right to shout and chant about things which if they did it as individuals down their local high street would result in arrest.

Edited by AberdeenAngus

10 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

You have either got to be having a laugh or on the complete wind up. Either that or just stupid.

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, ShedTA said:

You have either got to be having a laugh or on the complete wind up. Either that or just stupid.

Worded it wrong with the "as much issues as those that choose to sing" comment, because thats not the case.  Will take that back.  But I honestly find it hard to understand why a song at a football match can get to people so much.  

2 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Worded it wrong with the "as much issues as those that choose to sing" comment, because thats not the case.  Will take that back.  But I honestly find it hard to understand why a song at a football match can get to people so much.  

Ok