Weekend Scottish Fitba - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Weekend Scottish Fitba

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

Our results at Parkhead are a fvcking disgrace. 

4-1 flattered us but I stand by my earlier assertion that  McInnes is a poor manager. Aberdeen had enough about them to get at least a point today but McInnes game plan was non existent. It's all about hitting up to Rooney and hoping for the second ball when in fact they have enough good technical players to take the game to us.

If someone can be arsed, it would be intersting to see how many points Aberdeen have taken from the 9th game of last season till now, i'd wager it's well below 2 points per game

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Rossy said:

No problem :ok:

It looked to me that both players were stumbling trying to get to the ball. Could have went either way, and Madden saw it the way of Celtic.

Didn't think it was a pen either tbf, I hate to use a cliched phrase but it was a coming together.

47 minutes ago, Mox said:

4-1 flattered us but I stand by my earlier assertion that  McInnes is a poor manager. Aberdeen had enough about them to get at least a point today but McInnes game plan was non existent. It's all about hitting up to Rooney and hoping for the second ball when in fact they have enough good technical players to take the game to us.

If someone can be arsed, it would be intersting to see how many points Aberdeen have taken from the 9th game of last season till now, i'd wager it's well below 2 points per game

Harsh on mcinnes to say he's "a poor manager". He's taken a shitey bottom six side and built the 2nd best team in the league. 

However... His McLean blind spot is now getting beyond a joke. He's shocking. Every games he's worse than a man short. That's before we get on to the centre backs and continuation of the partnership of absolute shitebags.  

6 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Is it McInnes or lack of finances to compete with Celtic, or both?

If you swapped around the players today....put the Dons players in Celtic shirts and the other way around.....Celtic would still have won.

It's a mental thing. Aberdeen players...no matter who they are....don't believe they can beat absolutely ordinary Celtic teams at Parkhead. We treat Celtic players like they're Brazil 1970.

Nothing to do with Aberdeen fans. We know Celtic are shite, and we know that that any decent team will hump them. It's just that our players are absolute shitebags. 

27 minutes ago, Rossy said:

If you swapped around the players today....put the Dons players in Celtic shirts and the other way around.....Celtic would still have won.

It's a mental thing. Aberdeen players...no matter who they are....don't believe they can beat absolutely ordinary Celtic teams at Parkhead. We treat Celtic players like they're Brazil 1970.

Nothing to do with Aberdeen fans. We know Celtic are shite, and we know that that any decent team will hump them. It's just that our players are absolute shitebags. 

I dont disagree, the second half was a perfect example. A team full of belief and confidence fro their manager would have turned all that possession into three points. That will be our hardest game of the season and it's out the way, can only be a good thing.

Rodgers is just a few weeks into trying to right 2 years of incompetence under Deila and has already beaten the best of last season and qualified for the champions league, yet we're still apparently pish!

The sheep should concern themselves with the obvious lack of ambition that runs through their whole club like a cancer rather than concern themselves with the champions alleged shortcomings?

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Rodgers is just a few weeks into trying to right 2 years of incompetence under Deila and has already beaten the best of last season and qualified for the champions league, yet we're still apparently pish!

The sheep should concern themselves with the obvious lack of ambition that runs through their whole club like a cancer rather than concern themselves with the champions alleged shortcomings?

I think you confuse lack of ambition with spending beyond the means to possibly get success. 

And please don't mention a game of football and compare it to cancer. 

Thanks. 

9 hours ago, Parklife said:

Harsh on mcinnes to say he's "a poor manager". He's taken a shitey bottom six side and built the 2nd best team in the league. 

However... His McLean blind spot is now getting beyond a joke. He's shocking. Every games he's worse than a man short. That's before we get on to the centre backs and continuation of the partnership of absolute shitebags.  

I’m surprised by that Parkie, when he left St Mirren I thought he should have set his sights higher than Aberdeen [no offence], it would appear I was completely wrong. 

10 hours ago, Mox said:

Given Aberdeen didn't make 2 points per game over the whole of last season it's a no brainer to say that. 

Of course nobody else bar Celtic have 2 points per game or more in the same period.

I would go as far as saying 2nd this season will not need 78 points either. 

Edited by AberdeenAngus

31 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

I’m surprised by that Parkie, when he left St Mirren I thought he should have set his sights higher than Aberdeen [no offence], it would appear I was completely wrong. 

He has talent. A good touch and a decent range of passing. 

However, he does nothing but slow the game down. He never moves the ball quickly, never plays creative passes, never scores, never gets beyond the striker (bear in mind he plays number 10). Generally, he's just a nothing player. 

I'll drive him to Paisley myself, if he wants to return. 

7 hours ago, slasher said:

Celtic were nothing more than ordinary yesterday. The point is, they didn't need to be any better than that because Aberdeen gave them all the space they needed and more.

I think it's generally acknowledged by Aberdeen fans that our team are gutless shitebags when they go to Parkhead...beaten before they start for some bizarre reason. And I've no doubt at all that Ibrox will be the same when we go there.

But you've got a bit of a hard neck boasting about the Champions League after that utter shambles on Tuesday...:lol:

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He has talent. A good touch and a decent range of passing. 

However, he does nothing but slow the game down. He never moves the ball quickly, never plays creative passes, never scores, never gets beyond the striker (bear in mind he plays number 10). Generally, he's just a nothing player. 

I'll drive him to Paisley myself, if he wants to return. 

I still believe that McLean is a talented player, it's just that McInnes cannot get the best out of him.

47 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It's funny how sometimes a player just doesn't fit.

Aye. Singing Rangers songs in nightclubs pretty much ensures he won't fit, to be fair. 

McLean has shown (very) occasionally that he has the ability we thought we had signed. 

He's been persevered with long enough now though, and (sadly) it's just not worked for him/us.

We just do not have the resources to carry anyone, more so when we already have key players missing.

He & we would be better off cutting our losses right now. (I would of course happily eat huge amounts of humble pie should this prove incorrect)

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

Celtic were nothing more than ordinary yesterday. The point is, they didn't need to be any better than that because Aberdeen gave them all the space they needed and more.

I think it's generally acknowledged by Aberdeen fans that our team are gutless shitebags when they go to Parkhead...beaten before they start for some bizarre reason. And I've no doubt at all that Ibrox will be the same when we go there.

But you've got a bit of a hard neck boasting about the Champions League after that utter shambles on Tuesday...:lol:

We got there and that's all that matters, although I might need to watch some of the games from behind the couch! ?

Stewart Milne hasn't given McInnes the resources to take the club forward and it seems inevitable they will stagnate now and eventually go backwards, hence my point about Rangers finishing above them.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

We got there and that's all that matters, although I might need to watch some of the games from behind the couch! ?

Stewart Milne hasn't given McInnes the resources to take the club forward and it seems inevitable they will stagnate now and eventually go backwards, hence my point about Rangers finishing above them.

Presuming we won't get relegated, I honestly don't care where Aberdeen finish in the league.

The qualifying rounds of the Europa League are absolutely shite, and after 3 years of watching the Dons beginning our season 3 weeks after the last one finishes, most of us are sick of it.

Let someone else have a go at this nonsense, I'm quite happy to finish 5th or 6th. :lol:

We should be chucking the kitchen sink at the League and Scottish cups. One season aside, or record in the cups under McInnes has been awful.

Edited by Rossy

9 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Presuming we won't get relegated, I honestly don't care where Aberdeen finish in the league.

The qualifying rounds of the Europa League are absolutely shite, and after 3 years of watching the Dons beginning our season 3 weeks after the last one finishes, most of us are sick of it.

Let someone else have a go at this nonsense, I'm quite happy to finish 5th or 6th. :lol:

We should be chucking the kitchen sink at the League and Scottish cups. One season aside, or record in the cups under McInnes has been awful.

So are you saying you want him out? I think he's done a pretty good job, I can't see anyone doing much better with the resources he's been given.

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

So are you saying you want him out? I think he's done a pretty good job, I can't see anyone doing much better with the resources he's been given.

Nah, I don't want him out.

But...I did say earlier that there's a growing feeling that he could be coming to the end of his natural time at Pittodrie. 

He's done well to take Aberdeen from being a bottom 6 club to the second best in the league, but there's a sense that he's run out of ideas and is searching in the dark for something to go right.

He hasn't solved the issue of a poor central defence, we still have a midfield that is as soft as shite and contributes no goals, and we're still completely reliant on Hayes and McGinn for any attacking threat. 

He needs a couple of good cup runs this season.

17 hours ago, Rossy said:

Any decent team? You mean the three teams we drew in CL?

4 hours ago, Rossy said:

Winning the scottish cup would take you into europa league qualifiers.