Weekend Scottish Fitba - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Weekend Scottish Fitba

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

Hearts won at the weekend and are up to 3rd. Sorry to interrupt the OF/Aberdeen thread :)

I think Hearts are the team most likely to finish 2nd, particularly if Tony Watt gets near the level he is capable of and they can keep their other key players. 

47 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

Hearts won at the weekend and are up to 3rd. Sorry to interrupt the OF/Aberdeen thread :)

I found it a very entertaining game.  Nice weather.  Big away support.  Noisy home support.  Both teams having a go.  My mate who I force to go to Firhill as he is sniffy about Scottish football (Sky Sports English football etc) graciously admitted it was an entertaining game.  Was gutted to lose the last minute goal though.  Hearts looked decent - very big players.  Was impressed by Paterson. Watt looked ok not yet up to Scotland standard but then again he's up against Chris Martin and Steven Fletcher. Thistle played well and were attack minded with Erskine and Azeez looking dangerous.  Should have been 1-1 IMHO for a fair result.

Firhill For Thrills.

28 minutes ago, Alan said:

I found it a very entertaining game.  Nice weather.  Big away support.  Noisy home support.  Both teams having a go.  My mate who I force to go to Firhill as he is sniffy about Scottish football (Sky Sports English football etc) graciously admitted it was an entertaining game.  Was gutted to lose the last minute goal though.  Hearts looked decent - very big players.  Was impressed by Paterson. Watt looked ok not yet up to Scotland standard but then again he's up against Chris Martin and Steven Fletcher. Thistle played well and were attack minded with Erskine and Azeez looking dangerous.  Should have been 1-1 IMHO for a fair result.

Firhill For Thrills.

Agree with that, including the suggestion that we were a bit lucky to come away with the win. 

I also enjoyed the game at Firhill minus the last min goal and the result. It was exactly how the game should be played with 2 teams going for it. 

Erskine has been such a great re-addition to our side and I think he could win us some points this year that normally we would struggle with.

Definitely think a draw was a fair result so was a bit of a blow but we've now played Aberdeen and Hearts with narrow defeats and beaten Inverness so hopefully can just keep improving and do alright this season.

Fair play to Hearts on their turn out, sold out their allocation, good effort!!! 

Tony Watt was ok, decent finish although haven't seen replay to see if keeper could have done better at such a tight angle. 

On 8/26/2016 at 0:56 PM, Rossy said:

(Not sure why the quote has appeared above - sorry Rossy, I can;t delete it.)

Anyway, rather interestingly - Madden came and spoke to McInnes after the game on Saturday to concede that he made an error with the penalty and the red card. Part of me thinks, fair play.  The other thinks, he's taken the easy way out.

Also of note, it was the Dons golf day yesterday.  McInnes spent the entire day on his mobile.  Either it was India Taylor, or we are looking for another panic buy at the last minute (despite having the entire summer to sort it), which will inevitably fall through.  I'm going for Draper with some cash and the Scott Wright loan request from ICT being agreed to. Total speculation on my part.

14 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Also of note, it was the Dons golf day yesterday.  McInnes spent the entire day on his mobile.  Either it was India Taylor, or we are looking for another panic buy at the last minute (despite having the entire summer to sort it), which will inevitably fall through.  I'm going for Draper with some cash and the Scott Wright loan request from ICT being agreed to. Total speculation on my part.

ICT will be doing it just to feck us up. 

I said after the Tansey incident how pathetic the last minute attempts to sign him were. We had a whole month to sort it yet left it right to the final days. Embarrassing. Now we've entered a new season with the same weakness in midfield. O'Connor is looking good in defence (if McInnes just jettisons Reynolds and plays O'Connor there) but unless he;s going to give McKenna a chance (unlikely), we need another CB.