Squad Announcment - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad Announcment

vanderark14

14 minutes ago, Bino's said:

Decision to leave Arfield out in cold baffling also

routine starter at premiership and championship winning club for 5 years

bags of energy

Ireland have been qualifying for tournaments on back of such players for 10 years

He's got several caps for Canada.

Slight problem if we were to call him up.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

You've lost the plot if you truly believe that, there's no evidence to back that up. It's the same with your backing of James Forrest, he may turn it on for Celtic but he's yet to show anything for Scotland. 

The only Celtic player who should start for Scotland is Griffiths, Tierney should be back up to Robertson, and Forrest back up for Ritchie/Burke.

You wanted Love called up and think I've lost the plot :lol:

11 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He's got several caps for Canada.

Slight problem if we were to call him up.

before he opted for them

could have been capped last campaign or called into a friendly squad to sway his decision

54 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

You wanted Love called up and think I've lost the plot :lol:

only because we are limited at Right back, he is playing for a premiership club whilst your hero Watt has slowly fallen down the career ladder and we have much better options. Your constant updates on Wallace and Watt or the fact you believe Tierney should start before Robertson is laughable. the only reason you do this is because they have connection to Celtic.

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Apparently he has travelled with the Rangers squad for their friendly v Linfield.

:lol:

Just to point out that on dildo day on Wednesday, SSN were at the Crystal Palace training ground and James McArthur could be seen training with the rest of the squad. That doesn't mean that he withdrew from the squad on dubious grounds.  

Interesting chat from Alan Rough tonight re Ross McCormack, asked why he thinks that he's not a favourite of Strachan-he stated that McCormack has had a couple of dubious withdrawals from squads in the past and as a result Strachan doesn't trust him.

Roughie went on to claim he was told this and believes it to be fact.

Fact is we've 3-4 better left backs than Lee Wallace. Whether he was injured or no, I don't expect him to make a squad again for a good while.

Robertson, Tierney and Kinglsey will fight it out for squad places.. Forsyth when he's back fit will be 4th choice.. so, I couldn't care less about Lee Wallace. He's not good enough.

On 02/09/2016 at 7:06 PM, Pool Q said:

Just for the party and sing song though.

Apparently so as he didnt play. Halliday played left back apparently. 

I am however willing to wager that Lee Wallace,  Kieran Tierney and Lee Griffiths will all be fit for the weekend. 

At the time I posted what I did (which was tongue in cheek), many seemed to be believe that he might play in Belfast, even though a statement had already been issued (by his club I think, may have been the SFA) that he was travelling with the party and to receive treatment. I don't think anyone doubts for a moment that all three will play this weekend.