Squad Announcment - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad Announcment

vanderark14

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team Should be:

Marshall

Robertson 

Hanley

Martin

Tierney

Morrison 

McArthur

Ritchie Snoddy Burke

Grith

Strachan's Team

Marshall

Huton

Hanley

Greer

Robertson

D Fletcher

Morrison

Snoddy

Forrest

Anya

S Fletcher 

4 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Team Should be:

Marshall

Robertson 

Hanley

Martin

Tierney

Morrison 

McArthur

Ritchie Snoddy Burke

Grith

Strachan's Team

Marshall

Huton

Hanley

Greer

Robertson

D Fletcher

Morrison

Snoddy

Forrest

Anya

S Fletcher 

Grim that this is quite likely 

I'm more optimistic with this squad than I was throughout the last campaign, reason being there is pace, youth and freshness.  Forrest and Mckay on fire, Matt Ritchie on form, young Burke and Anya as well with pace. Would go:

Marshall

Paterson Martin Hanley Robertson

Morrison McArthur

Forrest Snoddy (c) Ritchie

Griff

Hopefully someone can transform Tierney in to a right footer as he should be a starter in the next few years but you can't take out Robertson :(

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Strachan is clueless. 

A stubborn wee man with an ego.

He's a power happy wee ginger basa.

He HAS to know McCormack is a far better footballer than C Martin.

He HAS to know Greer was finished five seasons ago.

My team I pick it and that's that. He deliberately picks against what would be wanted by the fans.

But maybe he really is just thick?

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

McCormack aye, Cummings? I assume you are taking the piss.

I'd take McCormack over him every day of the week ofcourse, but considering Strachan's shown he's not against picking championship players, and that Cummings has scored 5 in his last three games, i wouldn't have been surprised to see him in. 

1 minute ago, Mazziessc said:

He's a power happy wee ginger basa.

He HAS to know McCormack is a far better footballer than C Martin.

He HAS to know Greer was finished five seasons ago.

My team I pick it and that's that. He deliberately picks against what would be wanted by the fans.

But maybe he really is just thick?

Playing devils advocate here but is he meant to run a poll every time a squad is due to be picked?

The sad fact is other than Greer and Martin there are bugger all right sided centre half's for us to pick, I don't want to see him in the squad either but in the absence of anything else there isn't much choice. I would have McCormack and Martin in the squad, would take McCormack over McDonald who to be honest isn't going to play given the other options in there.

What exactly has Barrie McKay done to deserve a call up?

Greer being in this squad is laughable,

The persistence with Hutton is laughable

McCormack missing again is a joke

Chris martin should be nowhere near a Scotland jersey

Edited by vanderark14

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Best attacking mid in the team top of the Scottish premier. (still doubt he should play) Done a lot more than McDonald that's for sure however.

Greer being in this squad is laughable, Spot on

The persistence with Hutton is laughable " "

McCormack missing again is a joke " "

Chris martin should be nowhere near a Scotland jersey " "

Edited by Mazziessc

1 minute ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Was there not something a while ago about McCormack only wanting to be called up if he was going to be a starter? I seem to remember some chat around about the Czech Rep friendly when he ended up getting called up due to pull outs and started.

Correct, doesn't want to travel with the squad constantly if he isn't going to be playing. So i'm sure Strachan thinks the likes of griff and fletch are ahead of him and i'm assuming Martin is there as back up, something McCormack doesn't want to be.

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Greer being in this squad is laughable,

The persistence with Hutton is laughable

McCormack missing again is a joke

Chris martin should be nowhere near a Scotland jersey

Barrie Mckay has the best first touch in that Scotland squad. Boy has unbelievable technique and is Rangers' shining light a lot of times ahead of many others on higher wages. Might not go past people as easy as others but he is one of the best young talents we have.

Strachan will be gone after Wembley if this is what we've got to look forward too. Chris Martin, Steven Fletcher, Alan Hutton and Gordon Greer furfuxake

Barry Bannan anaw. Has he ever put in cross that's beat the first man?

Edited by DoonTheSlope

8 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

Playing devils advocate here but is he meant to run a poll every time a squad is due to be picked?

The sad fact is other than Greer and Martin there are bugger all right sided centre half's for us to pick, I don't want to see him in the squad either but in the absence of anything else there isn't much choice. I would have McCormack and Martin in the squad, would take McCormack over McDonald who to be honest isn't going to play given the other options in there.

Out of the four centre half's selected he's the worst by a mile, his involvement come match day should reflect that and be nil. Sadly GS will still play him.

I'd rather he went to any young CB playing in the top tier of Scotland and sat him on the bench, if nothing else it would build their confidence.

Good to see that Oliver Burke is still in the mix. Although he's still young and learning (and as such is bound to make mistakes) he is arguably the most promising talent we have right now and he's playing and scoring for his club. To hell with it, I'd put him straight in the starting XI. 

Even though he only has one cap, I'd start Paterson in Malta. Hutton is finished. 

Just now, Mazziessc said:

Out of the four centre half's selected he's the worst by a mile, his involvement come match day should reflect that and be nil. Sadly GS will still play him.

I'd rather he went to any young CB playing in the top tier of Scotland and sat him on the bench, if nothing else it would build their confidence.

Totally agree that he's the worst there but he won't play of that I am certain. He may only play if Martin or Hanley is injured.

The point I made earlier to someone is that we're ok for left sided centre half, right sided not so much. In fact our entire right side of defence including right back is just a complete mess.