2016 Ryder Cup - Page 3 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2016 Ryder Cup

biffer

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Brilliant!

Exemplifies Ryder Cup. Love how the Europeans are having a good laugh about it all, even before the guy sinks the putt. I just cant ever see the Americans dealing with such a situation the same way.

Americans are hurting though. You can see it some of the players. Almost feel sorry for the players in a way - European wins have meant they can come into these events more relaxed than the Americans and it shows.

Cannot wait for it to kick off. It's funny how on paper I thought American team looked really good and European team a little lacking, yet when the pairings are made, there's something extra about the Europeans. 

Aye nice and relaxed, win over fans, and the boy played his part by making the put and $100.

Reminds me of this one (somewhat)

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

The experienced players have had all the shockers today. 

Mickleson

Kaymer

Westwood

I only saw the last few holes of this morning but thought the same from what I saw/heard.

Kaymer not great in afternoon so far either.

So called European rookies now looking good - Pieters, Cabrera Bello, Willet (less so Willet maybe) and inspiring the more experienced guys.

3 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Fans doing their best to prove Willett's brother right. Total morons. Decent afternoon though. Westwood and Kaymer should be sitting out tomorrow I think.

They are but we all knew that and Willett's brother didn't need to restate the obvious.

And just after I posted that I heard a couple of shouts that confirmed their "status".

Edited by Larky Masher

4 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Fans doing their best to prove Willett's brother right. Total morons. Decent afternoon though. Westwood and Kaymer should be sitting out tomorrow I think.

Doing my head in. Seems to get worse year by year.

I agree about Kaymer and Westwood sitting out too. Especially Kaymer (didn't actually see much of Westwood today).

Edited by fringo